Rock Drake Issues

Bastipcf

Hey guys,

an issue that i discovered multiple times now is that you are getting thrown off your rock drake in multiple situations. From what I've thought it counts as a "large creature". So normally dinos like raptors can't throw you off and pin you on the ground. But that's the case like all the time. Is that intended or does it need to be fixed? I mean you don't get thrown off of wyverns or spinos or anything "large". Btw I'm talking of the rider of the drake. I'm totally getting it that the passenger gets damage, and with that I'm fully okay.

Another experience i went through yesterday was getting one-shotted by a mana whilst being on a rock drake. He dive-bombed on me while i was doing OSD and killed me instantly. I had full armor on me (above 1k armor, each part over 500-600 dura). Again, is it intended that they can do that? With the update there will come a fix with the issue that the mana dive bomb ignores the armor, but why can they hit you while you're being on (again) a "large creature?

6 minutes ago, Bastipcf said:

Look at my last sentence in the post ? I still wonder why they can hit you whilst being on a large creature, that's my question. 

A Mana can hit you on a Giga and it makes sense. You're exposed on the back and it's an attack from above. Really any flyer should be able to hit you.

The Raptor thing is really just about angles. I've been hit off my wyv by raptors and purlovia's if I'm slightly below where they jump from and Thyla's can tackle you off anything. Think mechanics are fine. Whether or not intended is a question for the devs.

On 1/16/2019 at 12:05 PM, Bastipcf said:

Hey guys,

an issue that i discovered multiple times now is that you are getting thrown off your rock drake in multiple situations. From what I've thought it counts as a "large creature". So normally dinos like raptors can't throw you off and pin you on the ground. But that's the case like all the time. Is that intended or does it need to be fixed? I mean you don't get thrown off of wyverns or spinos or anything "large". Btw I'm talking of the rider of the drake. I'm totally getting it that the passenger gets damage, and with that I'm fully okay.

Another experience i went through yesterday was getting one-shotted by a mana whilst being on a rock drake. He dive-bombed on me while i was doing OSD and killed me instantly. I had full armor on me (above 1k armor, each part over 500-600 dura). Again, is it intended that they can do that? With the update there will come a fix with the issue that the mana dive bomb ignores the armor, but why can they hit you while you're being on (again) a "large creature?

Raptors can knock you off any tame if you're close enough to the ground.

Mana dive bomb now takes armor into consideration and can't damage through walls anymore. PC is the only platform that has this at the moment, consoles are likely to receive this update this upcoming week or the next.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:05 AM, Bastipcf said:

Yeeah. Either you didn't experience it, or you got lucky with every raptors you killed with the bolded dino, but you can get knocked off the dino you are on them if for some reason, the dino were able to throw you off. Thyla will most definitely knock you off if you stood too close to it on redwood tree whilst its climbed.

Large creature doesn't neccessary mean you are immune to getting knocked off. Its intended.

7 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Karks and raptors have been able to pull you off a drake for a long time.  This is super old news.  The rock drake is much lower to the ground compaired to riding on a wyv.

I have not gotten karks grabbing me once while on a drake, except for that one time i was testing a tek weapon that it decides to use the grab animation on me.

Archived