Tribe without giving all my stuff

karxarinis

Hello guys ! im relatively new player. I have built my base on the island - official and i got my pteras, argies , doedicurus , ankys . So now i see many new people wanting a tribe to start with and i would like to invite people in my tribe. But i dont want to share everything. I would like everybody having his place with personal stuff and being able to use the utility dinos. But I dont want them to use my ascendant or Mastercraft gear. Also there are many people who its very obvious that they are scammers and they come to my base like flies! Is there any way to make generic rules and not having to assign a higher ranking in every box that i have? or generally how do people make this work? thanks!

8 minutes ago, karxarinis said:

ng a tribe to start with and i would like to invite people in my tribe. But i dont want to share everything. I would like everybody having his place with personal stuff and being able to use the utility dinos. But I dont want them to use my ascendant or Mastercraft gear. Also there are many people who its very obvious that they are scammers and they come to my base like flies! Is ther

so you can setup tribe ranks, set everyone in different groups and set what they are allowed to do, if they can demolish, if they can unclaim dinos etc, then because you didnt have the ranks setup from the begginning you would need to set every structure you dont want them to have access to, to a rank higher than theirs. can also turn on personal dino ownership

This is old but its essentially the same

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/58654-intro-to-tribe-rankings/ 

thanks for the reply ! I went through the configs and it looks way complicated. It feels like there will be a lot of mistakes. Anyway is there any way to assign everything that i own (dinos boxes doors) lets say to a rank 3 so that the new players wont be able to access it unless i give them rank? and also if someone has a box in his corner in the tribe is it possible to have access only for himself ? so that i can give everybody some personal space?

I used the rank system a while back and it worked well enough.  Start yourself out at rank 10 though, so you don't have to go back and change it again when more members are brought into the tribe.  Then set up rank 0 as probation, as default start.  As members earn your trust and prove reliable increase their rank accordingly.  You will be the only one with true private access.  It still works well though, and folks adapt to it quickly.  When you find someone going into others private boxes, reduce their rank or kick them from the tribe, as appropriate.  I had no trouble as all understood what was expected, and consequences of loosing trust of others.

Archived