Highest and lowest Element harvests!

TheDonn

What's your personal best and worst element hauls from Veins on Official??

My best was a 25k (highest I've done yet) Vein on 2x.  I hauled 147 Element (raw Element, not including converted shards or converted dust) from the node!  We had a fantastic defense, and all nodes were intact with only a few smaller spires damaged.  The central core was above 24000 right at the end (not harvest HP, but defense HP before complete), it was awesome.

My lowest was a 10k Vein I ran solo.  I got 4 Element...  only two from the central core.  Two of the four Element was from a tall spire on the outside!  It was a decent defense too, a few outer spires broke but the core was about 8900/10000.

I have only ever used a max (298%) pick with my 300% melee survivor.

6 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Mantises work

Haven't tried that but i have heard the same thing!

15 hours ago, phantom55 said:

we getting around 350-450 element from 50K veins in x2 event.based on our test using primative metal pick and default melee char has chance to get higher amount of element.

450?  Damn thats a lot of element.

Nooblets did a video and he got the most using an Anky.  Did they remove the Anky's ability to harvest Element from veins?

Just read the comments on his video and they reported that you used to be able to use a dino and then they changed it. Huh, wonder why? They use donos for all other harvesting so odd they'd change their minds on Element.  Maybe just to make it feel a heck of alot more dangerous LOL.

20 minutes ago, thomz said:

mantis with damage gain more or not??

anyone try.?

Not sure. i used a mantis with 340 damage and a 298 pick on a 25k vein on 2x and it netted me 174 element. Last night (also 2x) my tribemate with 300 melee and the 298 pick got 96 element however that was definitely a lower than normal output. Something that needs more personal testing.

The problem is that there is no set value but rather a range it seems. RNG doing RNG things.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Not sure. i used a mantis with 340 damage and a 298 pick on a 25k vein on 2x and it netted me 174 element. Last night (also 2x) my tribemate with 300 melee and the 298 pick got 96 element however that was definitely a lower than normal output. Something that needs more personal testing.

The problem is that there is no set value but rather a range it seems. RNG doing RNG things.

I've seen weird fluctuations too, like one day the 140+ from a 25k node on 2x, and next weekend we couldn't scrape more than 80-90 off of a 25k.  It was so consistent I thought it had been nerfed silently.  But we've seen more again, in the 130s, so there seems to be a weird RNG component to the node harvesting.  I want to know if it is related to the quality of defense, because if you watch closely some of the outer nodes are blue-ish while some are purple.  I'm guessing the blue ones are untouched while the purple ones sustained damage during the defense, so the blue have more of a chance to award element?

I don't know...  hahahaha

On 1/23/2019 at 3:36 AM, HopeForTheJustice said:

What is the easiest way to farm element for a solo player? 10/25k veins with an imprinted giga?

It's hard to solo farm element veins.  I know everyone will talk about how easily they solo 50k nodes, but it simply isn't that easy.  Dinos coming from every direction, it's infinitely easier with even 2 people.  I also would advise against ever completing a 10k node, unless you are on a boosted rate server.  I got 4 total Element from a 10k with a decent defense (most satellite-nodes still up or undamaged, core at 8900/10000) on 1x, and facing RNG that can give you that little (or as much as 30-50 in some cases apparently), it simply is not worth the time.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:06 AM, TheDonn said:

Dinos coming from every direction,

use gigan solo. just wait at center node. ( rotate the center node by walking)

and let the small broken = to make gigan move easier. many small node just make it stuck.

50k can solo with giga. (official) got 200 at x1, 400 at x2. use mantis and max pick.

the small one give some element too if u protect all , maybe got +20-40. but for solo 200 element is enough for reward. also the nodule. 

Archived