I run a dedicated server on my computer and play Ark with my wife on our two xboxes. The server will just randomly close. There is no error window or anything. It seems very random, sometimes it's after an hour or so other times its within a half hour. Every time we lose progress though. If its after a half hour we are right back to when we're first logged in.  I've updated windows and drivers.  Ive uninstalled and reinstalled and still having this issue.  I don't think it's a hardware issue my rig is fairly beefy,  when I look at task manager while it's running its not challenging my computer at all. We ran the same setup last winter and never had this issue.  I'm not sure if this is related but if I click on options on the Ark main menu on my computer the game will also just close.  This is extremely frustrating and is making it near impossible to play. Any advice or help would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

When you say, "The server will just randomly close" do you mean that you get kicked off the server while playing, or do you mean that the game program on the play anywhere server is closing? I've had issues with running an XBOX One S rather than an XBOX One X where I would keep getting kicked off the server. I wouldn't lose progress though. I'd just end up respawning somewhere near where I was.

Yep happens to me also, game will hang and then crash while hosting. Makes it impossible to appear on server list since hosted win10 servers takes almost a week of running 24/7 just to appear on server list but can't make it there with persistent random crashes. Catch 22. Devs don't read this site though, they mentioned that. Hence my reason to never buy another wildcard game until they prove they are better, Atlas just confirms same stuff different day, hard pass...

My suggestion would be renting a Nitrado server.  The $ you spend on electricity for running that PC host monthly would be very close to the same price for a 10 slot server.  I rent one and have for nearly a year now and I am quite satisfied with it's performance.  When 10 people are on, my ping never gets above 40.  When it's myself and 2 to 3 other people its like 18.  You have access to all settings and events.  They're pretty decent.  If you want more info just hit me up.

Archived