PvE Players with 10k+ Hours - What do we do anymore?

Nokosa

I used to be obsessed with this game. I like reading all the stories of new players experiencing things for the first time as it brings back a lot of pretty fond memories. Nostalgia is a weird thing.

I switched to Unofficial several months ago and loved the change for a while, but, as much as I want to, I can't seem to be able to entertain myself with this game.

My unofficial servers are my own. When there are players there, which is hardly ever, it is more fun to chat than it is to play.

So what do you guys do anymore? What keeps the game entertaining for you?

Try new mods? Start over repeatedly? Deal with the toxicity of PvP and get wrecked for fun?

Challenge playthroughs. Can be extremely limited to just a bit modified. It seems you have mods so endless possibilities. As a console player I would use self imposed caps or challenges such as no fliers, only mammals, no tames, primitive, only boat life etc.

By the end of a challenge ill usually have the itch to play regular again and continue my servers or whatever im playing. I think it would be a lot more challenging to run one of these challenges on official servers, could have fun talking with others. 

Other than that its just a matter of goals. Im at half your play time and sometimes its hard to find motivation and sometimes i can play for obscene amounts of time. 

4 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

my private cluster is set up so that my community can take breaks for as long as they want without fear of loss

This right here is one of the main things I look for in a private server.

Right now though I am doing a solo playthrough of just the storyline maps. I like starting fresh and doing different playthroughs. 

The people, the relationships you form and sharing items, dinos and ideas. Teaching new people that come on the server how to play. There's a lot I still love about this game but it is also why I will never play unofficial again.

Also really looking forward to demolishing 50% of my base once the kibble rework and S+ features are released... Yea, can't wait for that....

Oh and trading, that's probably my favourite thing to do.

Humblebrag on the forums of course.

For real though I just play other games. 

If I am bored of Ark but still want base building and long harvesting trips I play Terraria (bonus terraforming there).

Etc.

Another tactic i use is helping out newbies. Join my friend and family server and outfit everyone in upgraded armor and tons of bolas etc.

Archived