I want city to have day and night cycle, aswell as weather changes.

b0ender

Not having any of this things is ruining the game for me. Guess its kinda my / my tribes fault for building in the city in the first place, but I still think it's boring and should be changed.

I miss night, I miss fog, and rain, thunders, sunsets and sunrises.....

I wonder if anyone else feels the same and if there is a chance that dev's change this?

Personally, I like the no night/day or weather in sanctuary. I think they intended it to be an easier start with more moderate conditions. 

You already admitted that you & your tribe probably made a mistake in choosing to build there. So if you want it rectified, move somewhere else. That's a perfectly viable choice. Otherwise you're asking for the devs to change the game for everybody just to suit you. I'd be a bit embarrassed to even make such a request frankly. 

Has anyone noticed that there are in fact subtle changes in lighting and temperature in the city? I've noticed some days where its become much hotter and brighter than normal. 

• 3 weeks later...

The thing I like most about Extinction is the extreme variety this map has. All of the locations are so vastly different from each other.

I like that the sanctuary location is unique. There's no other place like it anywhere on Extinction or on the other maps. It's a city that never sleeps. It's literally always on, despite the original inhabitants being long gone for many many years. The robots and city lights are still functioning 24/7. The meteor shield still works. It feels so artificial, very high tech, but also feels ancient and strangely alien. It's a stark contrast to the other locations. It's really done beautifully in my opinion.

I think it would have been a good idea to add a third "ARK" to the map down by green OB. Then you could have a nice green area that has day/night and weather effects. I am glad we don't have the effects in the city and wasteland, could you imagine doing a yellow or red OSD at night? How about an ele vein where you can't see the dinos munching on the ele pillars lol. It does get a little frustrating but I am glad the set it up the way they did.

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 1:39 PM, AngrySaltire said:

Considering its lore based I doubt we will see a change. I dont mind it, heck I actually like it I can see constantly. Please no fog.... Just started playing the Island again and as much as I love the island, I forgot just how much I hated the fog, especially when it combines with the rain and night.

Came here to say this lol, love The Island to death but damn that would suck having weather effects like that

18 hours ago, MagicMindMaster said:

The thing I like most about Extinction is the extreme variety this map has. All of the locations are so vastly different from each other.

I like that the sanctuary location is unique. There's no other place like it anywhere on Extinction or on the other maps. It's a city that never sleeps. It's literally always on, despite the original inhabitants being long gone for many many years. The robots and city lights are still functioning 24/7. The meteor shield still works. It feels so artificial, very high tech, but also feels ancient and strangely alien. It's a stark contrast to the other locations. It's really done beautifully in my opinion.

Thanks for that! I feel the same, I just wish it wasnt so laggy :P 

Archived