Cryopod TEASE

Adwel

Just gotta say that ive been playin Ark for over a year now and have enjoyed using the cryopods during the Winter Wonderland festivities.  It literally changes the entire game, every activity and function.

My problem is I am reminded daily of the timer ticking down on my cryos.  In less than 20 some days, the large majority of players will no longer have access to this item, but large Tek magatribes will...

Ive read all the ways others say its "op" and "broken(or breaks the game)" and ive read how it was intended to help with SERVER LAG (the main hell in this game) and tame counts.

Why not make this tech available to more of the playerbase by not limiting it to Tek?

You do realize one of the main reasons people dont keep playing Ark is players realize if they're not in a big tribe, they cant realistically survive/play the game?

Why further this gap and give large Tek tribes the most OP Pokemon ability but deny all below them the same thing?

I wonder how many people will be able to go back to no cryos when these things expire...or just play something else.

14 minutes ago, Adwel said:

Just gotta say that ive been playin Ark for over a year now and have enjoyed using the cryopods during the Winter Wonderland festivities.  It literally changes the entire game, every activity and function.

My problem is I am reminded daily of the timer ticking down on my cryos.  In less than 20 some days, the large majority of players will no longer have access to this item, but large Tek magatribes will...

Ive read all the ways others say its "op" and "broken(or breaks the game)" and ive read how it was intended to help with SERVER LAG (the main hell in this game) and tame counts.

Why not make this tech available to more of the playerbase by not limiting it to Tek?

You do realize one of the main reasons people dont keep playing Ark is players realize if they're not in a big tribe, they cant realistically survive/play the game?

Why further this gap and give large Tek tribes the most OP Pokemon ability but deny all below them the same thing?

I wonder how many people will be able to go back to no cryos when these things expire...or just play something else.

First step, put them in a fridge. it will double that timer.

Cryopods drop in large bulks from any tier of orbital drop on extinction, includong blues which can be done with a pike and flak. So you should do those and you'll be fine on pods until you do a single boss and unlock replicator. 

all you have to do is any gamma boss fight on the island, center or ragnarok map and u unlock the tek replicator and then go to extinction and learn the engram for the cryopod/cryofridge then return to your map, fight a boss for the element, craft the tek replicator and then build the cryopods and fridge for them

P.S. you can store cryopods in a normal fridge and it will extend the life of a cryopod a little

What you should do Is try to get on a alphas good side and ask if you can give them mats for a cryofridge OR you could do OSD (even blues give cryopods). All you need for a blue osd is some flak and a decent Melle weapon (maybe a decent argy) all you get that spawn are dilos and trikes (sometimes a Rex so be aware of tha). But what I bring as a solo player is a snow owl and a level 50 red I got lucky and found.. sometimes I only get one cryopod other times I get like 15-20. It all depends on luck but 30 days is quite a while and ignore you don’t get raided or killed with the cryo on you then good for you!

3 hours ago, iLLuSivE said:

Also try and have a tribe that has tek build you a cryofridge. It runs off of a regular generator and I’m sure you could find some to make it at cost of you provide the element to fire up the replicator. They aren’t very expensive to make and recharge your pods. 

Asking for someone to build you a cryofridge is like throwing a banner up on your base that says "Raid me FREE dinos inside"

1 hour ago, RipMoFo said:

Asking for someone to build you a cryofridge is like throwing a banner up on your base that says "Raid me FREE dinos inside"

He didn't say if he's on pvp and pve though. On pve servers asking other players to help/do things together usually won't lead to trouble. Worst that can happen is no one responding in chat.

Don't play PvP, it is only a matter of time before your time is wasted. By that I mean you are wiped with nothing left but your character's level. Even if you're in a mega tribe, they get wiped too.

Play PvE. It has much more sustenance. And there is still PvP if that is your thing, only you better bring a thesaurus to the fight coz all of our PvP is done in chat.

PvP fight battles with a Gigantosaurus,
PvE fight battles with a thesaurus.

2 hours ago, Jacira said:

Don't play PvP, it is only a matter of time before your time is wasted. By that I mean you are wiped with nothing left but your character's level. Even if you're in a mega tribe, they get wiped too.

Play PvE. It has much more sustenance. And there is still PvP if that is your thing, only you better bring a thesaurus to the fight coz all of our PvP is done in chat.

PvP fight battles with a Gigantosaurus,
PvE fight battles with a thesaurus.

Ive done all the PVE i wanted to already on official pvp servers.  Me and 1 other guy (0 exaggeration, no joke, no bs..) held a base on Ragnarok for 1.5 yrs since day 1 of Ragnarok.  I had all the fun i wanted to on nearly every tame (including taming the sea with a squid) and breeding.  But i like raiding, so i play on pvp servers.

7 hours ago, Adwel said:

Ive done all the PVE i wanted to already on official pvp servers.  Me and 1 other guy (0 exaggeration, no joke, no bs..) held a base on Ragnarok for 1.5 yrs since day 1 of Ragnarok.  I had all the fun i wanted to on nearly every tame (including taming the sea with a squid) and breeding.  But i like raiding, so i play on pvp servers.

must of been a sad day when u lost it.

6 hours ago, Jacira said:

must of been a sad day when u lost it.

It was and it wasnt.  2 guys with over 10 dragons each, loads of dope and vanity tames, but tons of maintenance..o m g...just 2 guys....x species...turrets/bullets...eventually when it took 4.5 days for them to take us out, we were ready to be done.  Even when we would get into another new game, it almost felt like an obligation to log back in just because we knew how lucky we were to be there yet and what a waste it would be to let gens die or stuff decay and die.

The shock of logging in and still being there we never got over, but it really did feel like endless maintenance and political peace efforts.  Only raiding off server.  Once we lost all that, we changed how we played entirely.

Now we just raid and pvp.  Much simpler and exciting.  Sometimes you get bullets and new turrets much quicker than collecting and building them yourself ;)

Archived