Community Crunch 164: Extinction Transfers Open Tomorrow!

Jen

On 1/15/2019 at 3:45 PM, photonicle said:

WildCard Message.

Hi All! We really hope you enjoyed the broken Managarmr and the new map with huge potential so far besides the Game Braking Titans.

We decided to not improve the map and balance everything out but instead destroy it and open it up to all the hidden mega tribes to transfer and destroy every base and kill off all the bloodlines you may have gained through breeding' and then they lock the servers down and kill ark once and for all.

It was a easy decision for us at WildCard to be lazy and ruin our first bit of good work so please keep playing? and please don't quit! we have loads of game destroying and time wasting ideas to throw at you all yet.

Love WildCard

So you think that the current way people raid with slot capping servers is any better? At least with a titan a good 10 man team can kill a yss base, seems to level the playing field a little. 

The mega tribes are beyond too big.

Something needs to be done about meshing and the harassment/stalking that is promoted ( i say promoted as they ignore these issues yet say their against it ).

I put in a ticket about meshers and how to deal with meshers against base , i asked them how to legitamately defend against meshers without getting in trouble since their not doing anything about it  .

As for the harassment/stalking they will not reply about the issue that robs players of a username if they wish to play on the official network as they can be stalked and harassed across servers so the api needs to be closed so it cant occur.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:16 AM, Zer02hero said:

Any news on a fix for the Bad_Pool_Caller error into bsod for Gtx 2080 and ti variants? Happens very often while flying in Ragnarok and makes the game nearly unplayable.

Are you saying this is not necessarily just my PC dying? I've been getting this too for weeks now on my 1060. Not in any other game and as far as I'm aware of, not on any other map but Rag either. Even had to reinstall ARK twice already since it got somehow deinstalled/deleted from Steam during these events, which is particularly annoying. I'd like to know since I was going to get it to service, if it's an issue with the game rather than my computer that would probably be a waste of time >.<

On 1/15/2019 at 6:44 PM, Caerbannog said:

As a PVE'er I love manas just the way they are and dread the nerfs they're going to get because you PVP'ers can't adjust to new metas.

Why stop at making then ruin gachas and velans because of PVP whining when we can also make managarmyrs back into hopping carnos? Let's just all go back to lightening wyvs, rexes, and gigas for everything!

LOL the PVE player that wants overpowered bps from gachas.

If you need op poop in PVE then you have a problem bro. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ArkP1 said:

Anyone have an idea why bolas only work intermittently on Extinction, but seem fine on every other map? What’s so different that could be causing it?

It's due to the water in the map being glitched out and unstable areas it effectively means that Bola's get stopped like they do in water and have nothing to grip on to unfortunately its yet another glitch/bug/screwup that may never be fixed by the dev team as some if not most of them have now been pulled off to work on their next buggiest and most gitched out "feature" project ATLAS

• Haha 1

thanks for enabling the transferences, since the last patch the official server where the game does not work well (The-EU-PVE-OfficialServer251 (on Nitrado), does not appear in the list and disconnects me at 5 min, so I can change everything to any server that fails to do something, if they do any maintenance ...

@Jatheish 

@Jen

Wow.  You would think people who do this stuff for a living would be able to catch such a simple error?  Between that and people Ddosing server has been unplayable all weekend.  Great game wildcard.   Great evolution event. Y’all need to go just get jobs at Walmart if this is your style of work ethic

Edited by Hellzjester
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 1/14/2019 at 8:30 PM, Yoda183 said:

Why can’t we work on the under mapping put a temporary kill floor until something better can come available. I am tired of losing bases I have been building for over months to getting meshed. Wildcard is letting people mesh to control population because they can’t keep up.

I'm not a programmer or any kind of computer guru but I know enough that coming up with a solution to the problem of these cheaters may be difficult due to the engine mechanics and such. However, there are some common sense solutions that I believe will curb the bulk of the meshing attacks. We have endured significant loss ourselves because people can't PVP so they cheat. The solutions are as simple as disabling the tools in which they use to cheat with. Disable the ability to transfer element dust, disable the TEK armor, disable climbing picks, enable the use of grapples on aberration, and fix the chair/ ladder exploits. Once this is done they only have to put "Kill Boxes" where someone can grapple into the mesh and get on an overlapped edge, where one can walk just inside the mesh barrier because the ability to fly using the TEK gauntlets/ sword is gone. Then, once a more permanent solution has been developed, they can always reenable these items. Doing this will eliminate the greatest majority of cheating and force everyone to play the game as it was intended to be played.     

• Thanks 1

What about the transfer character issue for Aberation? It gets old having to play with a unleveled new character each time you switch maps on a clustered server. One minute you are statted up and level 102 and then you come back to having to be a level 1 with no open engrams. Please fix your stuff so we can enjoy this game like it should be.

On 15/01/2019 at 01:27, Zen00 said:

Pare de chamá-lo de um evento de evolução "especial" quando é o mesmo evento de evolução que recebemos todo final de semana. Continua me fazendo pensar que vai ser um fim de semana 3x, ou incluindo a criação ou algo assim e espera.

REALMENTE WC CADE EVENTO DE CRIAÇÃO X2 OU X3? MUITOS DE NOS TRABALHAMOS MUITO DURANTE A SEMANA FICAMOS SEM TEMPO!

On 15/01/2019 at 01:27, Zen00 said:

Pare de chamá-lo de um evento de evolução "especial" quando é o mesmo evento de evolução que recebemos todo final de semana. Continua me fazendo pensar que vai ser um fim de semana 3x, ou incluindo a criação ou algo assim e espera.

REALMENTE WC CADE EVENTO DE CRIAÇÃO X2 OU X3? MUITOS DE NOS TRABALHAMOS MUITO DURANTE A SEMANA FICAMOS SEM TEMPO!