Who thought Manas were a good idea?

Foxkid

Please, I ask why was it a "great" idea to make something that has way too much mobility, a sniper's range on a freeze breath with a 10 second stun, and a dive that ignores all armor? Wyverns are bad to deal with, but at least they're slow as crap to balance out the stupid offense they have access to. Same with Gigas at least being locked to the ground, unlike these things that fly and do stupid amounts of damage as well.

1 hour ago, dodomaster420 said:

Hello Wildcard if you are reading this, this does not apply to PVE, thanks!

How often are you dealing with ranged dinos, armor, and running away/mobility/encountering in pve though? It's clearly a pvp focused tame, and a straight problematic (and beyond broken) one at that.

Plus, this applies to wild variants as well considering they share the same problems (especially the armor piercing dive with a radius 20ft' wide you're not escaping on foot or with most tames, including a Pteranodon).

15 hours ago, Foxkid said:

Please, I ask why was it a "great" idea to make something that has way too much mobility, a sniper's range on a freeze breath with a 10 second stun, and a dive that ignores all armor? Wyverns are bad to deal with, but at least they're slow as crap to balance out the stupid offense they have access to. Same with Gigas at least being locked to the ground, unlike these things that fly and do stupid amounts of damage as well.

Maybe the fact that it looses fistfights to Carnos and Allos? Unlike Wyverns, who can go toe to toe with Rexes? 

Sure, their range is a little much, and probably needs to be changed, but the Mana can't hold its own in a 1V1 against a lot of other dinos. If you can get a good Giga or Rex on it, lights out. Any Mana that runs out of stam is also done for, so mounts that have good turning radius and decent speed like the Allo can out-maneuver them long enough to wear them out. Turrets also shred them. 

16 hours ago, Foxkid said:

It's a great idea because I say so!

1 hour ago, Qwertymine said:

Maybe the fact that it looses fistfights to Carnos and Allos? Unlike Wyverns, who can go toe to toe with Rexes? 

Sure, their range is a little much, and probably needs to be changed, but the Mana can't hold its own in a 1V1 against a lot of other dinos. If you can get a good Giga or Rex on it, lights out. Any Mana that runs out of stam is also done for, so mounts that have good turning radius and decent speed like the Allo can out-maneuver them long enough to wear them out. Turrets also shred them. 

Freeze, Dive, Jump when freeze is about to wear off (or just perch on a cliff above a rex/allo/carno and spam freeze until armor breaks then dive on the rex/allo/carno once you get your stamina back until its dead. Not all that hard to achieve, and this is coming from someone who doesn't use them willingly (literally only if I don't have any other fliers to get around on).

Turrets don't mean much if they can attack from outside the range of them set on long distance either.

16 minutes ago, Foxkid said:

Turrets don't mean much if they can attack from outside the range of them set on long distance either.

So force them to come closer. A Managarmr can't handle pressure. If all your tames are protected or covered, the Managarmr can't do anything unless its rider risks getting close enough to plant explosives. If the Managarmr can't hit land its ice breath, it's utterly useless in a fight. Anywhere with poor sightlines, from the Redwoods to the City are where the Managarmr underperforms. 

1 hour ago, Woodsman said:

the gasbagger is a real life animal? i dont think ive ever seen anything remotely close to it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Ark version is only slightly bigger lol, as is the case with many creatures in this game ;)

(I could be wrong, of course. But the resemblance is uncanny.)

1 hour ago, Qwertymine said:

So force them to come closer. A Managarmr can't handle pressure. If all your tames are protected or covered, the Managarmr can't do anything unless its rider risks getting close enough to plant explosives. If the Managarmr can't hit land its ice breath, it's utterly useless in a fight. Anywhere with poor sightlines, from the Redwoods to the City are where the Managarmr underperforms. 

The moment you leave your base you are dead. Managarmrs have force people to hide behind turrets all time instead of being able to go out and PvP griefers.

29 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Ark version is only slightly bigger lol, as is the case with many creatures in this game ;)

(I could be wrong, of course. But the resemblance is uncanny.)

The dossier agrees with this. Yes its only a little bit bigger than the tardigrade, just a little bit.

From the gasbag dossier:

"Wild

It was always hypothesized that a member of the Tardigrada phylum would be the last species on Earth in the event of a global apocalypse, so in some ways, the existence of Mopsechiniscus fluitobesus is completely expected. Its size and method of travel, however? Less so."

12 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Go tame some! Then before you go get them killed, practice with them in single player ?

Brah I have been in Mana fights, a lot. I play official PvP and no one is enjoying this Mana meta it's not fun at all. That is the problem. Pvping with rhinos, pteras, theris, reapers,.racers etc was fun. 20 Manas jumping around just no please no.

Archived