The Island PVE Xbox

So I’m still fairly new to Ark. I started on the island about a year ago played a month or so with a few guys I know irl and I ended up getting bored and quitting for a while. Came back recently where those same guys had moved to Scorched Earth and started playing a few weeks before Extinction came out. Then Extinction drops and we all decide to get it and move over there. Been playing for a month or more on it and now I’m getting bored. My tribe has as well and have been playing other games. I feel like I’m not getting the full Ark experience though so my question is are there any Island PVE servers anyone know about that aren’t completely pillared? Or anyone willing to give up some land? 

Dont even worry about pillars. Go to the server you want, tame a ptera or something and fly around looking for a spot. 99% of servers dont have anything pillared beyond the beaches (and key spawns)... dont be one of those dummies crying in chat " waah pillars everywhere!!" Or people will go out of their way to make sure you dont get a spot. Build up, find a spot and later once you actually gain some respect on the server try to aquisition some more / better land.

What you should worry about is tame cap.

8 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Dont even worry about pillars. Go to the server you want, tame a ptera or something and fly around looking for a spot. 99% of servers dont have anything pillared beyond the beaches (and key spawns)... dont be one of those dummies crying in chat " waah pillars everywhere!!" Or people will go out of their way to make sure you dont get a spot. Build up, find a spot and later once you actually gain some respect on the server try to aquisition some more / better land.

I have some decent tames I’d be bringing with me if a proper server is found. Kinda nervous about transferring anything though and the game crashing and I die and lose my tame lol. How would I know if the server is dino capped? 

Edit: Also not crying about pillars. I get how it goes. My buddy was telling me he flew around several different servers and was unable to find any decent spot due to the amount of pillars.

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

d1nk speaks the truth!

You'd be amazed at the quality build areas that can be exposed by felling a few trees - flat land ripe for building on that everyone seems to ignore that's so much better than a beach front property.

Move inland until you can build a 2x2 with a bed and storage, tame a ptera then find a better place to build (just remember to demo your shack once you have another base up and running!)

6 hours ago, iLLuSivE said:

I have some decent tames I’d be bringing with me if a proper server is found. Kinda nervous about transferring anything though and the game crashing and I die and lose my tame lol. How would I know if the server is dino capped? 

Edit: Also not crying about pillars. I get how it goes. My buddy was telling me he flew around several different servers and was unable to find any decent spot due to the amount of pillars.

Put a bunch of supplies in obelisk, bring a premade 1x1 hut with a bed and a good flier. Tranq out the first dodo u see (or punch upon new login whatever) and you will see if its able to be tamed or not. Where the progress bar is it will tell you

Fly a bit around and set up your 1x1 near an obelisk. Then scout the server. Its a given most regular base spots will be taken. Large areas of old bases usually get demolished when the tribe leaves and an existing tribe will usually pillar their base footprint so it frees up land for one reason or another. If you happen to be near this, build normally and be friendly. If its not being used after awhile you could ask the tribe to move some pillars so you can build more. 

11 hours ago, d1nk said:

Put a bunch of supplies in obelisk, bring a premade 1x1 hut with a bed and a good flier. Tranq out the first dodo u see (or punch upon new login whatever) and you will see if its able to be tamed or not. Where the progress bar is it will tell you

Fly a bit around and set up your 1x1 near an obelisk. Then scout the server. Its a given most regular base spots will be taken. Large areas of old bases usually get demolished when the tribe leaves and an existing tribe will usually pillar their base footprint so it frees up land for one reason or another. If you happen to be near this, build normally and be friendly. If its not being used after awhile you could ask the tribe to move some pillars so you can build more. 

Awesome thanks for the advice 

Archived