Kibble Rework a subtraction

KrackenOne

My feeling is that this rework takes something away from the game in my opinion.  I would have never bothered taming an Allosaurus, Mantis, Pulmonoscorpius, Sarco, Stego, Titanoboa, Trike or a Vulture if not for the kibble tree.  Having to go out and get the kibble so I could tame those made me travel around and experience the map more than I would have otherwise.   

There needs to be another layer here, like color or type; for example there could be carnivore and herbivore egg types and the color could be mixed in or something. 

Give players a reason to go find and a Baryonyx or Megalania.

If i am going ro be honest, kibble rework reduces the need to tame creature of every kind wich imo, seems to be the biggest contribution to server cap without it being rule breaking, other than hoarding 500 useless dino foe capping slots.  While it does take away the fun and difficulty for it, imo it would somewhat solve the cap issue and make it more obvious who is intentionally capping the server and not use their cryopod. Granted, adding a diet type of kibble still returns back to the fact it still took the fun away from it.

Unless theres another way to solve this aside from removing server cap, i couldnt see any othet reason for it.

4 hours ago, Demerus said:

I suggest this a long time ago but it fell on deaf ears.

Make tribute items for imprints instead of kibble.

have the kibble just be for taming to get good stats for breeding.

Thats the main issue. If people are going to tame dino of every kind forkibbles just to tame other dino for better efficiency, this wont even help at all, especially the dlc maps where tributes are scarce in terms of uniqueness. (except wyverns and corrupteds)

10 hours ago, Vaculity said:

If i am going ro be honest, kibble rework reduces the need to tame creature of every kind wich imo, seems to be the biggest contribution to server cap without it being rule breaking, other than hoarding 500 useless dino foe capping slots.  While it does take away the fun and difficulty for it, imo it would somewhat solve the cap issue and make it more obvious who is intentionally capping the server and not use their cryopod. Granted, adding a diet type of kibble still returns back to the fact it still took the fun away from it.

Unless theres another way to solve this aside from removing server cap, i couldnt see any othet reason for it.

Thats the main issue. If people are going to tame dino of every kind forkibbles just to tame other dino for better efficiency, this wont even help at all, especially the dlc maps where tributes are scarce in terms of uniqueness. (except wyverns and corrupteds)

It will not solve the server cap issue.  There will be Boa farms and still players placing a ton of rafts to save/hoard space.  It is a pure subtraction of the game, it even lessens jerky why even bother with a preserving bin now...

52 minutes ago, KrackenOne said:

It will not solve the server cap issue.  There will be Boa farms and still players placing a ton of rafts to save/hoard space.  It is a pure subtraction of the game, it even lessens jerky why even bother with a preserving bin now...

Any savings with reduced variety in the kibble farm will be lost with the snakes.

Maybe time for a Snake TLC. Increased egg lay rate. Or something cool like snake charming to more actively increase their egg lay rate.

I always thought that you should have an assigned pair of egg laying dinos that dropped eggs at a more frequent rate. This would mean you'd only need a breeding pair per tribe to get eggs from. The taming progression would be in place still (that I like) but more than two dinos for eggs alone would be redundant.

The assigned pair would have a cool down before they'd start laying (say 24 hours) but they'd pop out at a more regular rate than current.

Any kibble method that removes the need for worthless lvl 50 dinos (eggers) is good in my opinion. 

People have their choice to go and tame whatever they want, so if they want a Trike then great but the game shouldnt force you into taming dino's that you have no interest in. 

Our tribe has 4 fridges full of every kibble conceivable and it has taken us ages to get these supplies but Im not angry with the remake. I actually welcome it, and it should allow player to concentrate on what they want to do, rather than being forced into more of a grind than what the game already is. 

This new method allows players to spend countless hours building or exploring without the need for looking for pointless tames. We all have them, I have a Ptera line with over 100 in my base... they are worthless as nobody uses them but I prefer spending my time on the line rather than getting the eggers and the upkeep that goes with them.

Thumbs up from me.

1 hour ago, KrackenOne said:

It does not, because its our mental issue and not Wildcards. They can do nothing about this (and removing server cap only makes the ping worse), but doing this at least cuts off a small fragment of the issue with server cap, plus trying to move around boa is already a pain in the back, not to mention whipping can potentially cause the boa to move at a direction, which can make hoarding egg an issue. People spamming boats to hoard space are just asking to get dev wiped and potentially banned if many people reports them, and already tribes who did so got what they deserved after many people reported them.

Its still in beta, recipes for each kind will change based on feedbacks from the beta before its fully out. And honestly, its better off that way. Just because they had the kibble change doesn't mean you aren't subjected to still try and get your dino. Its just to ease up those who don't want to actually waste their time trying to get every kibble. (If you are telling me everyone don't want this I have nothing more to say, because that is clearly not the case)

Frankly, this saves up more time for us to do what we needed to do instead of having to wait around in case some doofus tries to kite a wild dino over to the unconscious and get it killed. IF you want a challenge, this rework isn't stopping you, but if you seriously think this makes your taming redundant, then be it this way, but I find this new method more time-saving than the old kibble tree.

Archived