How do I make bosses and caves easier?

Meril

Edit: I've changed the title of the thread because my question has changed. Find my second post in the thread for the new issue.

I've spent a good hour or two trying to find the answer, but nothing answers it clearly. The wiki only describes wild dino levels.

Does the difficulty value settings also change boss and cave difficulty?

Would a lower difficulty value mean that the server would have an easier time killing the bosses and clearing the caves? Because that is my goal. I play with a small group, 3-5 other people, who log on to the server only once or twice a week. We'd like to progress in the pve content without having to spend weeks perfectly breeding, mutating, and imprinting dinos. I can't find any other settings that might make the endgame a bit easier on us, so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Yes the bosses will be weaker, your tames will also be the same amount weaker (because less hlvls spawn, less stats) and you will probably have to do MORE breeding to get dinos that can do bosses (due to lower stat pool) You will gather less (less weight and melee) and even have harder times doing say.. giga killing, titans etc. 

Keep it at max. All bosses can be solo'd you're just making it harder on yourself (which could be a selling point for some) 

I just don't want it to be the case where 120 rexes, a yuty and daedon in ascendant saddles can only do 20% of an alpha boss's health before all dying. That might be cool for people that want to put in that level of time and commitment to breed super dinos over the span of weeks, but as I said we're only few people with the desire to play once or twice a week and still be able to clear the maps.

However, I think I've come up with a solution by increasing the effectiveness of tamed dino's stats per level up. In the Game.ini file you can throw in the lines listed below and increase the number to make each point in each stat more effective.

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0]=1
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[1]=1
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[2]=1
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[3]=1
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[4]=1
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[5]=1
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[6]=1
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[7]=1
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8]=1
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[9]=1
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[10]=1
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[11]=1

However, that doesn't help me make caves easier where dinos can't do all the work, that's why I wanted to lower server difficulty so that the wilds in the caves spawn at lower levels. I could adjust the above settings to make up for the extreme loss in base weights, attack for gathering, and stamina.

I appreciate everyone clearing up that bit of confusion for me, but I'd also really like to hear some suggestions on how I might accomplish my goal of effectively nerfing both bosses and endgame caves.

Archived