Will there ever be Night times in the CITY Exinction ?

BobbyNator

42 minutes ago, BobbyNator said:

I've been wondering when and if you will be adding Night times in the city on extinction I miss the glow of the Tek structures which you see 0 difference atm with tek stuff within the city .

doubt it, night time actually exists, but due to the nature of what has happened to the planet it is constant light. Not knowing the lore well, but I am assuming this is why the biomes have the dark at night and to highlight why other maps where protected this way.

5 hours ago, ClanTKC said:

Then I suggest you click over to the physics forums so you can show everyone how smart you are and leave us humble dummies having fun in a gaming forum.

Sphere is right. The spin actually counter act (although on a very small scale) gravity. Gravity is due to mass of earth. We actually should weight (not in mass) more. 

Talking physics in a game forum is how it should be. It helps people learn basics in topics they otherwise will not have even glanced at. Knowledge for all, for free and with fun.

Random trivia : you weight slightly less on the equator due to the spin. Don't be surprised when you suddenly weight more when you come home from there. (not much though) 

19 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

Sphere is right. The spin actually counter act (although on a very small scale) gravity. Gravity is due to mass of earth. We actually should weight (not in mass) more. 

Talking physics in a game forum is how it should be. It helps people learn basics in topics they otherwise will not have even glanced at. Knowledge for all, for free and with fun.

Random trivia : you weight slightly less on the equator due to the spin. Don't be surprised when you suddenly weight more when you come home from there. (not much though) 

No one wanted to attend science class today. I asked my question (tongue in cheek) making fun of a common misperception. Thought my emoticon would say as much, apparently it has failed me.

If I wanted to talk about the real problems a planet that doesn't rotate on an axis would cause, I could come up with a couple of my own, and could use wiki or some other website to help me look smarter than I am to sate any pseudo intellectual lurkers ready to pounce at the first dangling participle.

3 hours ago, ClanTKC said:

No one wanted to attend science class today. I asked my question (tongue in cheek) making fun of a common misperception. Thought my emoticon would say as much, apparently it has failed me.

If I wanted to talk about the real problems a planet that doesn't rotate on an axis would cause, I could come up with a couple of my own, and could use wiki or some other website to help me look smarter than I am to sate any pseudo intellectual lurkers ready to pounce at the first dangling participle.

Any of the problem you find will be answered with "Thanks to the Ark system high above" so you might as well come up with them and share with us.Making the whole community more knowledgeable one post at a time. 

Frankly, if people don't like sanctuary as it is, they should move to one of the domed areas or play on another map. Making Extinction like all the other maps is counter productive. It needs to be its own experience. It's great as is. 

... even if it turns out that we get 6 months of daylight and 6 months of darkness. :P 

Archived