Managarmr + Lag Causing Instant Death w/o Log Notes

PreshusRoze

Has anyone has the issue of riding their Managarmr (no matter the map) where a sudden lag spike hits and you've found that you and your mana are dead (you read the notice as it flashes across your screen) - but your tribe log notes do not show the death of your mana or yourself?

I've quite a few friends that have had that happen on Extinction (thought it was a weird map quirk to instant-die against the world/map ceiling).
But several have had it happen on SE and Island as well.
One filed a ticket about the deaths and lack of log notes but was told since there was no log notes and no video/pictures of the death messages, that there was nothing that could be done.

I'm curious if others are also having this issue - and other than never riding your mana again - what solutions or help you've received concerning this issue?

For the love of - whatever you love - fix this now! Between just two tribes on an official island server,  we've lost four to despawn while riding. Any random lag spike and poof, off to the respawn screen for the player. No death message, no mana, no gear. C'mon, this has been going on too long w/o a fix or even a response from WC. There's tickets open, reddit posts, post on this forum, etc. I've been riding one around naked trying to record  the bug; I have a recording of the bug that just shoots you up toward the top of the map, but hopefully someone has video of the despawn bug so WC can see it.

Happened twice on Island during a lag spike. Instant death, gear and mana gone, no log. Stopped bringing it on other maps.

And speaking of the elephant in the room: what the hell is wrong with ALL servers? Especially during x2 events, the ping goes x2 up. We have constant lag and all the downsides with it (hits not registering, rubberbanding, movements requiring precision, like mana taming, are impossible etc.). It happens for all, on all maps. This is not player-related, but server-sided and global.

2 hours ago, Oieru said:

Happened twice on Island during a lag spike. Instant death, gear and mana gone, no log. Stopped bringing it on other maps.

And speaking of the elephant in the room: what the hell is wrong with ALL servers? Especially during x2 events, the ping goes x2 up. We have constant lag and all the downsides with it (hits not registering, rubberbanding, movements requiring precision, like mana taming, are impossible etc.). It happens for all, on all maps. This is not player-related, but server-sided and global.

It is 100% player related. 2x weekends more people are playing, farming, breeding  (jumping around on manas) so thus causes a tax on the servers. Its always been like this, dont try to claim it isnt player caused lol

22 hours ago, d1nk said:

It is 100% player related. 2x weekends more people are playing, farming, breeding  (jumping around on manas) so thus causes a tax on the servers. Its always been like this, dont try to claim it isnt player caused lol

So let me get this straight. It is the player's fault because he/she is playing the game; lag happens because players play the game. Seriously?!

If you want servers with a population of 70 players you should be able to meet those requirements, regarding server hardware. So no, it is not player related. It is hardware performance combined with game performance. If you can't handle more than 30-40 players on a server without causing serious lag, thus making a horro-show out of the whole gaming experience, why even have the server population set so high?! Cap the players at 30, 40 or whatever number seems to work. Problem solved. If not, get better servers. It's that simple.

38 minutes ago, Oieru said:

So let me get this straight. It is the player's fault because he/she is playing the game; lag happens because players play the game. Seriously?!

If you want servers with a population of 70 players you should be able to meet those requirements, regarding server hardware. So no, it is not player related. It is hardware performance combined with game performance. If you can't handle more than 30-40 players on a server without causing serious lag, thus making a horro-show out of the whole gaming experience, why even have the server population set so high?! Cap the players at 30, 40 or whatever number seems to work. Problem solved. If not, get better servers. It's that simple.

No.. where did I say it was a players fault or not whether the servers are laggy? You said it wasnt player related and I pointed out the ways it was.

Read.

Archived