Structures Plus (S+) & Kibble Rework Beta Is Live!

Jen

On 1/17/2019 at 5:42 PM, Mikethegod9 said:

[...]
ALL other Dinos Tested.
and if anyone wants a Cheat Sheet.  I have tested all the dino's for the new kibble Scheme - Jan 17th 2019 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16VqeCFlVrOUDu4DJqPqgPgI6oLwh8HUZgnKh_bHl3r4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for that link, AMAZING work ❤️ One question about the link though (and actually the beta, I might have misunderstood) : Is there only one kibble now? Not one for the island and one for Extinction? Since the dinos for all expansion packs are in the same table.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:28 PM, Soldier905 said:

That is the biggest excuse i ever seen , ive played online games for decades and when a cheater is spotted they are taken care of quite fast unlike wildcard here but yet its perfectly acceptable for the delay as players that never have been affected by cheaters give them a free pass to take their time on fixing major exploits in the map etc .

Ive played games that had tens of thousands of players on at any given time such as blizzard games , eve online as well as other massive populated games that dwarf ark(max i ever seen was 40-60k players on at a given time) yet they never had players trying to make excuses for the devs saying "its a online game and any can play/hack into it" which literally hurts the playerbase due to attitudes like this.  Yes any can hack into online games but theres alot of difficulty often and anticheat software is often alerted quickly but heres the thing with ark , the biggest issue right now is meshing which is just exploiting a hole in the map so no hacking is required which they dont do much about .  There needs to be a kill barrier like that already exists to a point such as the barrier if you are carried by a bird or anything and mesh into the ground you will either die or rubberband out but this seems to be only in particular areas for some reason .

I helped fix an entire region on the island (found tons of holes in the area during EA) so the barrier iam talking about is real and can easily be used across all the map to fix the problem of meshing.

I mean of course, but I'm not saying it as an excuse, I just understand that not all game developers have access to the same tools used to combat things like cheaters/hackers. Either they don't have the tools, time, skill, or care to fix issues like that, or all of the above. I'm just tired of seeing people say "These devs don't care about ARK."

Here's a simple solution for server problems. First, set personal, tribe, and alliance tame dino levels to  a reasonable level. Second, change the loading order to buildings first, then dinos. Third, wipe all the public servers, completely.

The reason for changing tame dinos and load order is to reduce lag. And wiping all the servers, at least public ones, would enable things to be enacted without too many problem.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:06 PM, SirTwist said:

Here's a simple solution for server problems. First, set personal, tribe, and alliance tame dino levels to  a reasonable level. Second, change the loading order to buildings first, then dinos. Third, wipe all the public servers, completely.

The reason for changing tame dinos and load order is to reduce lag. And wiping all the servers, at least public ones, would enable things to be enacted without too many problem.

I never understood why dinos loaded first, it has caused so many problems, from everything falling through the floor, to being able to get into a base before the walls load if you are on something fast enough (very hard to do these days)

On 1/12/2019 at 3:57 AM, BlueberryJackal said:

1. Is S+ going to be available for consoles? 

2. The kibble rework is not a bad idea, but now some creatures are going to be completely useless, like the Dilo. Before the update you needed it, because it took too much time when feeding Ankys or Doedics with berries. Now the Dilo is useless, unless it gets a TLC patch, so it is more attractive for players.

The point of the kib rework is eliminating the need for massive kibble farms. Those and too many tames cause more server issues than anything when people render in those bases it causes lag and rubberbanding that's frustrating to most players. It's also causing imprints to not finish due to this lag. 

3 hours ago, MorbidAvenger said:

The point of the kib rework is eliminating the need for massive kibble farms. Those and too many tames cause more server issues than anything when people render in those bases it causes lag and rubberbanding that's frustrating to most players. It's also causing imprints to not finish due to this lag. 

Im playing on sp so i dont have this problem.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:57 AM, BlueberryJackal said:

2. The kibble rework is not a bad idea, but now some creatures are going to be completely useless, like the Dilo. Before the update you needed it, because it took too much time when feeding Ankys or Doedics with berries. Now the Dilo is useless, unless it gets a TLC patch, so it is more attractive for players.

9 hours ago, BlueberryJackal said:

Im playing on sp so i dont have this problem.

As I've stated before, it is not the Kibble System's job to make dinos useful. They should be desirable to tame in their own right. If they are not, then the dino needs fixing. 

I'm not sure if anyone has considered this yet but to get an industrial cooker you need to be like level 90... this being said I am typically pretty well off by the time I hit level 90 due to the large amount of experience needed to get there. Therefore, all kibble taming that I and many others would do would require the use of a cooking pot to craft kibble. As it is it already takes forever to craft 30 or so kibble in these and you typically have to monitor this process because of the limited number of spots and constant need for water. On top of the lengthy kibble crafting time you are also adding the time it takes to craft a Lazarus chowder or focal chili. This means for those who are not level 90 nor have access to crafting an industrial cooker you are essentially doubling the crafting time it takes to make the necessary kibble. If you so choose to keep these consumables in the recipes my suggestion is to either vastly increase the number slots in a cooking pot OR lower the level of an industrial cooker.

I love building things and would love to see more. Here are some Ideas I'd love to see added to ARK.

Best thing to add is a way to save blueprints of the buildings, bases and raft builds we have made. So that if there is a server re roll, wipe or glitch.

More styles added. (We have thatch, wood, stone, metal, adobe and TEK) How about so new versions of each of them. Like the wood from Primitive+ would be nice!

Vertical Half foundations, half ceilings and half walls.

horizontal Half foundations, half ceilings and half walls.

Angled foundations. Basically a sloped ceiling but as a foundation. (Sloped ceiling with foundation and walls already attached)

Fixed Doors and Door frames. It would be nice if all style of doors would fit properly in all styles of door frames.

Railings that fit on ramps and mainly Sloped ceilings. As ramps we don't use for they are way too steep of an incline.

A TEK Refrigerator that keeps food longer and holds more than the TEK Troughs.

Also would be nice to have a huge amount of furniture items added as well.

Also fix all the BEDS on XBox PC window version. For we on the PC can not use beds other than teleportation. Sometimes if the bed is owned by another player we can but most of the time we can not.

More vehicles: Like a A Tek Boat.

Edited by khedrak
Added something I missed

I’ve been playing the beta and it’s fantastic so far, the kibble rework especially. One question though - has anyone else been having strange issues with dinosaur behaviour? Around my base (I’m playing single player) I have all my dinosaurs not enclosed in any pens because I have turrets to kill any annoying Dilos or Compys, but when a wild dinosaur does manage to attack one of my tames, it aggros my entire pack and they all come to kill the threat. That’s annoying because I have them all set to passive so they should be staying put. I have my Argentavis parked right outside my front door so I can easily hop on it if I need to fly somewhere else but then when something angers another dinosaur it’ll fly off to go kill the threat and it’s really annoying. Is anyone else having this issue?

Another issue is that sometimes when I walk over a foundation, those small mineable rock piles, or pieces of driftwood, I get stuck floating in midair for a while before the game realises where the floor is and fixes itself, this can get annoying if I’m running away from a predator or if I’m carrying quickly-perishable things like prime meat back to my base. 

I don’t remember these things happening at all before I downloaded the beta so I think it has something to do with that.  

Also a feature I think would be useful are notes, like the recipes, but for what eggs are what sizes, and the actual ingredients in the kibble themselves. It’s annoying having to open up that Google Doc someone posted here just to remind myself. These might already be in the game though, so if they are I just haven’t managed to find them yet :P

17 hours ago, Yorshee said:

Another issue is that sometimes when I walk over a foundation, those small mineable rock piles, or pieces of driftwood, I get stuck floating in midair for a while before the game realises where the floor is and fixes itself, this can get annoying if I’m running away from a predator or if I’m carrying quickly-perishable things like prime meat back to my base. 

I don’t remember these things happening at all before I downloaded the beta so I think it has something to do with that.  

I have been playing S.P. on my PS4 and i have also noticed getting stuck on the edge of foundations while transitioning from a foundation to regular ground, (so far its been Tek bridges, Tek foundations, Metal foundations, Rocks and other items). This also never happened before the last update, seeing as i have no access to the beta i don't see that being the issue.

6 hours ago, Jekyl said:

I have been playing S.P. on my PS4 and i have also noticed getting stuck on the edge of foundations while transitioning from a foundation to regular ground, (so far its been Tek bridges, Tek foundations, Metal foundations, Rocks and other items). This also never happened before the last update, seeing as i have no access to the beta i don't see that being the issue.

Ah, that’s probably it then. I downloaded the update a day or two before I downloaded the beta.