Jump to content
Jen

Kibble Rework Beta Feedback

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

The Kibble Wiki page is actually wrong about a lot of the creatures and is being changed all the time. As a rule of thumb, don't refer to the kibble wiki page for accurate information about how the beta's kibble system currently works.

Nice to know, thanks. But what would I refer to then? I'm not going to try all of this by hand just to be able to comment on it. I've said my piece for this iteration anyway. Let's see what they're doing with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 3:28 PM, MegaDoubleDot said:

Can you please add Basilisk eggs to the "special" eggs catagory, they need some love and its a super end game egg to get.

Yes. I bump this suggestion. Its a rare dino and egg.. Add it to special!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 5:11 AM, dark7np said:

Nice to know, thanks. But what would I refer to then? I'm not going to try all of this by hand just to be able to comment on it. I've said my piece for this iteration anyway. Let's see what they're doing with it.

I recommend just going into singleplayer or a server on which you have admin privledges and just testing which kibble tames which thing. Write it down on a notepad.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I pretty much hate the new kibble.  Running beta full time on 3 clustered servers with somewhat active community and no one seems to like it.  I didn't come into this hating it, I just think the implementation is not even well though enough for beta yet, but that's just me.

Biggest suggestion off the top of my head right now would be simply use Prime Jerky and Cooked Mutton rather than Focal Chili and Lazarus Chowder.  

I understand the reasoning for this is 1 simplify and make the game more accessible.  Noble and good, love it in theory, but as all the comments and errata in this thread show it has made things both more complicated and left a ton of gaps and imbalances, seems like it took work think up ways to complicate things.  Number 2, to prevent people from cluttering up servers with tons of needless dinos, which clearly this has failed to do.  

Lastly, resource management is a way bigger concern for most people than any of this and from what I am hearing, people do not like filling up their cooker which already has too few slots for how huge it is.   Why make people use a ton of easy to get resources by doubling the berries... it ONLY serves to piss people off by over filling slots and creating resource management bottlenecks. That is the only reason it "appears" to add a difficulty level and complexity to this, not because its actually hard to get the resource.  If Wildcard is looking to make people "need" more cookers, fine, but there has to be a better way without mindless berry resource management.

Edited by Coldwash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Coldwash said:

Lastly, resource management is a way bigger concern for most people than any of this and from what I am hearing, people do not like filling up their cooker which already has too few slots for how huge it is.   Why make people use a ton of easy to get resources by doubling the berries... it ONLY serves to piss people off by over filling slots and creating resource management bottlenecks. That is the only reason it "appears" to add a difficulty level and complexity to this, not because its actually hard to get the resource.

I thought about that... we have the cooked meat/prime meat + spark powder + oil to make jerky... what about something similar for berries? Like Berries + Honey (+ Sparkpowder?) to make jam? I really don't think this is a very good idea for easy kibble, just like the easy kibble takes cooked meat instead of jerky, but maybe it could be an alternative to the cooked food and/or the large amounts of berries?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 5:23 AM, slejo said:

Yes. I bump this suggestion. Its a rare dino and egg.. Add it to special!

Yeah, and the more I think about it, Troodon is a fairly rare egg in my experience. Certainly not as rare as basilisk, but very few people bother with taming troodon on PvE, and I’ve never seen one tamed in PvP. Not saying it’s not more common on some servers than others, but certainly more of a challenge and cost than Titanboa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This new kibble system is nice, especially in PVP.

But the old/current one is great for solo players (I play both solo and PVP) as it is an incentive to discover, tame and be familiar with more creatures. I'm a bit worried the new system will make many dinos .... well, almost as if they were not here at all.

I hope you can include a menu or .ini option to roll back to legacy kibble system, or even have both systems run simultaneously (why not?)

c7NJRa2.gif

 

Edited by dodogal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've stated this previously in this thread (last page, even), but it should not fall onto the kibble system to make dinos useful. They should be considered useful in their own right. Not to mention the many animals that only consume kibble and do not produce it. If people truly treat certain dinos as useless after the rework, then I would argue they are prime candidates for a TLC pass. Putting that aside, though, some people will still tame them just because they like them/ have fun using them. Even dodos have their fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eldar Seer said:

I've stated this previously in this thread (last page, even), but it should not fall onto the kibble system to make dinos useful. They should be considered useful in their own right. Not to mention the many animals that only consume kibble and do not produce it. If people truly treat certain dinos as useless after the rework, then I would argue they are prime candidates for a TLC pass. Putting that aside, though, some people will still tame them just because they like them/ have fun using them. Even dodos have their fans.

Yeah, I tamed a sabertooth simply because I like sabertooth tigers. I prefer them to direwolves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh I neither get the complains about the ressources that are needed to craft the new kibble nor do I understand why the new kibble would cancel out the current system:

 

1. Ok I understand that WC is trying to reduce the amount of Dinos currently herded as egg farms - but why not

  • increase the food they eat while idealing
    • or better yet - make laying an egg cost 25% of their food-level (you don't you dino to lay eggs and waste food? spay it or un-mate-boost it)
  • increase the egg-laying rate so ppl need less than 25 Dimetrodons to tame a Gallimimius to use their eggs to tame a giant beaver...

2. Why does the new kibble cancel the old?

  • ppl are probably like "mimimi kibble so hard to get"
    • Why not have both with the new kibble being less effective than prime?
  • I admit that there is a gap for taming herbivores because there is only berry and crops and far of the chart is kibble
    • Why not have something in between that's easier to access and tames all herbivores, something like the sweet vegetable cake (somewhat difficult but not very hard to get)

3. Why do ppl complain about Lazarus and some other advanced dish used in new kibble

  • When not playing on prim(+) Lazarus is pretty useless thanks to the easy obtainable scuba rendering it obsolete
    • actually more (current) kibble receipes should require advanced dishes
Edited by LycristKatkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LycristKatkiller said:
  • When not playing on prim(+) Lazarus is pretty useless thanks to the easy obtainable scuba rendering it obsolete
    • actually more (current) kibble receipes should require advanced dishes

It is useful for PVP, since Scuba has low durability and low armor. What I've seen someone do is: use lazarus, equip flak, whenever you're low on oxygen/stam, get to a save spot, equip scuba for a bit, switch back to flak. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Otherwise, Scuba is pretty high level. I've used lazarus on a PVP server during start to farm pearls, since no one had the level for scuba yet. And if it weren't for Longrass and Savoroot I'd suspect more might think of using it.

But what's the point in using advanced dishes for kibble, if all they do is add another step? Why not just add the base ingredients to the kibble recipe? Besides, when I was cooking kibble, what I've usually done is: throw all eggs in the cooker. Throw fibre and mejos in, a stack or two of all advanced crops. Throw in cooked fish if available, then cooked meat. What til every kibble with this is done. Add normal jerky, wait until all kibble with those is done. See what's left, check what's important, add cooked prime and prime jerky. Everything else is just... With so many different kibbles, it's jsut way too much hassle to check each recipe individually. With 6 it's manageable, so whatever. You can probably make lazarus and whatever else you need at the same time, though I'd prefer if the combined ingredients do not also produce 5 other soups or so.

 

On 1/25/2019 at 8:02 PM, NeddyTheNoodle said:

I recommend just going into singleplayer or a server on which you have admin privledges and just testing which kibble tames which thing. Write it down on a notepad.

Gee, no thanks. I've got better things to do. Not much sense in 20, 100, however many people doing the same boring repetitive task anyway. Sure, I know it could be done. Would've been way easier for them (WC) to release a list though. Maybe a better one exists on reddit or so, that's what I was asking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant we get some actual QOL integration? This is hardly s+ integration so far.

 

We need things like automatic doors and an option for torches to turn off during the day. Also, please let us disable snapping for structures like stone pillars. It's absolutely infuriating trying to build a trap with stone pillars with the current games terrible snapping mechanism.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't broken to begin with why this drastic change to a mechanic which was already hard enough to learn in the first place. I understand the desire to reduce the number of dinos tamed to try to reduce server load but this is going to increase the number of specific dinos and really offset the existing tames. This is not something that needed changing at all the old kibble system works absolutely fine and I understand that it's good to change some things up but there are so many things that need fixing, the building system needs reworked and adjusted, clipping is still a major issue AI behavior is still broken, the dino spawn glitches happen. far too frequently still. Why don't you fix existing elements if the game before you go and change a huge mechanic that people are still not even 100% sure of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 12:27 PM, LycristKatkiller said:han 25 2. Why does the new kibble cancel the old?
  • ppl are probably like "mimimi kibble so hard to get"
    • Why not have both with the new kibble being less effective than prime?

Because prime is way easier to get than kibble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LycristKatkiller said:

 

the new kibble is not exactly hard to obtain

I mean, it still takes more time and effort than simply heading out and slaughtering a Paracer. I cannot think of a reason to use it in that scenario except for herbivores, since they don't have a prime/mutton equivalent, and for use in imprinting. That would still leave the issue of herbivore tames being permanently crippled in terms of taming effectiveness compared to carnivore/omnivore tames, however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eldar Seer said:

I mean, it still takes more time and effort than simply heading out and slaughtering a Paracer. I cannot think of a reason to use it in that scenario except for herbivores, since they don't have a prime/mutton equivalent, and for use in imprinting. That would still leave the issue of herbivore tames being permanently crippled in terms of taming effectiveness compared to carnivore/omnivore tames, however. 

 

but kibble doesnt spoil in 10 minutes?

come on now. The new kibble is as hard to get as picking up stone from the ground compared to the legacy kibble... not even sure i am arguing here

 

20 hours ago, girlygirlgamer322 said:

Cant we get some actual QOL integration? This is hardly s+ integration so far.

 

We need things like automatic doors and an option for torches to turn off during the day. Also, please let us disable snapping for structures like stone pillars. It's absolutely infuriating trying to build a trap with stone pillars with the current games terrible snapping mechanism.

turning torches off during the day? maybe turn them off using your keyboard...

 

why do people need all the things done by the game itself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LycristKatkiller said:

 

but kibble doesnt spoil in 10 minutes?

come on now. The new kibble is as hard to get as picking up stone from the ground compared to the legacy kibble... not even sure i am arguing here

Yes, it is supposed to be easier to get than legacy kibble. That's part of the point of this rework, the QoL side at least. The other intent being, of course, decreasing the size of kibble farms. It still takes more than simply butchering a prime meat target.

 

As for the other part, she does have a point. Automation of little things, or the option to do so, does mean the player can be more focused on, well, playing the game. S+ is extremely popular, and not just for the building options (stairs, triangle foundations etc) it gives. However, this is probably the wrong place to discuss this- it would probably be more helpful to head to the Structures Plus Beta Feedback Thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eldar Seer said:

Yes, it is supposed to be easier to get than legacy kibble. That's part of the point of this rework, the QoL side at least. The other intent being, of course, decreasing the size of kibble farms. It still takes more than simply butchering a prime meat target

yeah, i get it

but

the new kibble is way easier to obtain than the old and should therefore have a lower taming efficiency as the legacy kibble - and be lower than prime AS IT DOES NOT SPOIL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LycristKatkiller said:

 

but kibble doesnt spoil in 10 minutes?

come on now. The new kibble is as hard to get as picking up stone from the ground compared to the legacy kibble... not even sure i am arguing here

 

turning torches off during the day? maybe turn them off using your keyboard...

 

why do people need all the things done by the game itself

It's called "convenience" and "Quality of life".

 

As it turns out, humans beings like things like automatic drills, screwdrivers, cars and smart phones. If everyone were like you, we'd be peddling stone cars like the flintstones and manually digging up roads and house foundations with our hands. Maybe you'd prefer having to manually force-feed dinosaurs too, instead of having them automatically feed themselves when they have food in their inventory.

 

You're completely wrong about the new kibble's being "easy as picking up stone" too. Either you're a troll or you are very young, in the latter case I don't blame you for having an infantile mind. Just try to think for once.

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, girlygirlgamer322 said:

It's called "convenience" and "Quality of life".

 

As it turns out, humans beings like things like automatic drills, screwdrivers, cars and smart phones. If everyone were like you, we'd be peddling stone cars like the flintstones and manually digging up roads and house foundations with our hands. Maybe you'd prefer having to manually force-feed dinosaurs too, instead of having them automatically feed themselves when they have food in their inventory.

 

You're completely wrong about the new kibble's being "easy as picking up stone" too. Either you're a troll or you are very young, in the latter case I don't blame you for having an infantile mind. Just try to think for once.

 

I played Ark since EA Alpha... but whatever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...