Kibble Rework Beta Feedback

Jen

This is a thread dedicated specifically to the Kibble Rework changes currently testable on our beta branch. 

Please leave all of your kibble-related feedback on this thread specifically so our team is able to read through your comments and reports efficiently.

When leaving bug reports be as specific as possible. Providing step-by-step introductions, pictures, and/or videos help us speed up the bug reproduction process and help us fix things faster.

How to access the beta:

[link]

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, syragong said:

Babies still need the old kibble for imprinting, you can't craft the old kibbles anymore and they won't accept any of the new kibble as substitutes.

On extinction they ask for kibble that are the same name as the new ones but they won't accept it.

most likely asking for the old extinction kibbles rather than the new ones. Hoping that gets fixed tho lol

Maybe I missed something, but how do you go about near-perfect taming dinos now? I.e. a rex takes scorpion kibble, which I cant make anymore. So, is the most effective way to tame dinos now done with mutton or veggies if they dont have an augmented kibble that they like? Is there is a list of how you categorize and what dinos eat which augmented kibble for taming that I missed?

9 minutes ago, FeatherFlow said:

Maybe I missed something, but how do you go about near-perfect taming dinos now? I.e. a rex takes scorpion kibble, which I cant make anymore. So, is the most effective way to tame dinos now done with mutton or veggies if they dont have an augmented kibble that they like? Is there is a list of how you categorize and what dinos eat which augmented kibble for taming that I missed?

Like before, with kibble. If it had a kibble before it'll still have a kibble. Its just finding out what kibble the animal takes. For the rex its exceptional kibble going from a reddit post I have found. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/af49f2/structures_plus_s_kibble_rework_beta_is_live/

I just spent the better part of 2 hours testing pretty much all of the dinos the wiki lists on the kibble page that accept kibble (except rock elemental/karkinos) to see what kibbles they take, I posted this on the following reddit. The few others that I didn't test got done by someone else in the post (such as Yutyrannus).

https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/af49f2/structures_plus_s_kibble_rework_beta_is_live/

I finished with the beta so won't be going back as it's 6.7GB to add or remove, electrophorus, queen bee, baryonyx and equus might need a retest as they seemed to have no difference though these dinos already have a specific kibble outside the beta.

1. basic kibble: only liked by mesopithecus

2. Simple kibble: diplocaulus, Icthyosaurus, archaeopteryx, parasaur/iguanodon, pachy, megaloceros, gallimimus, trike, raptor, morellatops.

3. regular: purlovia,pteranodon, lymantria,pelagornis, dimetrodons!, kaprosuchus, diplodocus,sarcosuchus, beelzebufo, thorny dragon, anglerfish, terror bird, kentrosaurus, carno, sabertooth, stegosaurus, carbonemys, gigantopithecus, velonasaur

4. Superior: megatherium, megalosaurus, paraceratherium, plesiosaur, megalodon, rhino, daeodon, allosaur, direwolf/bear, tapejara, dunkleosteus, snow owl, gasbag.

Dinos of exceptional and extraodinary I forgot that one of these categories existed so accidentally lumped them together.

• therizinosaurus, basilosaurus, mosasaurus, megalania, griffin, managamr

Pretty much all other dinos (like dodo) had no effect from any of the kibbles, too many for me to have gone through.

So far only one (1) creature has responded well to extra small egg size (such as dodo, dilo kibble) and that is the mesopithecus shoulder monkey so it'd be nice if some more did.

Without having played the beta yet, these things I want to comment on:

I like that prime fish meat isn't needed in any of the recepies.

Can the cooked prime meat please be replaced with prime meat jerky? Seems pointless to make it now, and I really like that jerky doesn't spoil as quick.

If cooked prime meat stays as kibble ingredient, I'd like to see prime jerky added as imprint "kibble".

Will all dinos ask for extraordinary kibble for imprints on all maps? If yes, I can see myself replacing all the egg layers I don't need any more with snakes, so we will still have the same tame count (unless drop rate is increased, but then the eggs wouldn't be special any more). If so, my suggestion would be to remove extraordinary kibble from the imprint(!) kibbles.

I don't like the focal chili and lazarus chowder in the recepies. I need to look up two recepies now (food and kibble) and it seems like just another time sink. How about using more crops and some obsidian, crystal, silica pearls, hard poly or even black pearls instead (although some of those mats would be really annoying to carry due to their weight).

Can "special taming food" (deatworm horns for mantis, carrots for horses, pearls for tusos) still be used too for max. efficiency? I hope so.

And a question for the ones who tested it; If you look at the eggs, does it say in their desciption which size they are? If not, I really would like to have that added as text ("small egg" etc.) and/or color code (egg text color matching kibble text color).

Please reconsider some of these ingredients.

Using titanboa eggs will just introduce new issues instead of solving the old ones. Let's say you  need boa egg based kibble for imprint or taming. One would need literally a snake pit full of boas to get enough eggs. And then you need other dinos to drop more eggs to feed the boas. If the idea was to decrease the amount of dinos needed to produce kibble this does not seem to be a good idea.  

Adding rare flowers to the recipes also makes things just harder then they should have to be. We already need them for bee hives and since we can't grow them and they are.. Well rare to come by then eh... rip beaver dams    Ofc if they could be grown as crops then that would change things.

Hello, hope this feedback is taken into account.

I have three things that I think should be changed, and why.

1. Overwhelming majority needs kibble.

I think that the overwhelming majority of tamable creatures should have a preferred kibble, except for the ones that have a rare ingredient as their kibble, for example: microraptor - rare flowers, or procoptodon - rare mushrooms. This would be a good change because people could then effortlessly tame early game dinos in much quicker time, as long as they have the kibble for it. Currently how it would be if you don't make this change, is that at end game, you'd be taming gigas with kibble that would take maybe an hour or two, but then if you wanted to tame a parasaur of the same level, at the same point in the game, it would take about half of that time, which is WAY too much if you're at the level of taming gigas. You should be able to make a kibble that a parasaur, dilo, dodo, compy, pachy, and so on prefer so that you can tame them easily later game. (those are a few dinos that dont currently have a preferred kib)

2. Comfort kibble

I think you need to fix the comfort food for babies in one of two ways. First, you could just make them randomly want one of the six new kibble types, simple as that. Or, secondly, you could make them prefer one of 3 ingredients for each herbivore/carnivore side respectively. For example, you could have baby carnivores randomly want either raw prime meat, raw prime fish meat, or raw mutton. Then you could have baby herbivores randomly want rare flower, rare mushroom, or sap.

3. Cooked Prime Jerky.

Cooked Prime Meat Jerky should replace the normal cooked prime meat in the Superior kibble recipe. The reason why is because firstly, it would make the kibble recipes: two cooked meats, two jerkies, and the two rare ingredients. for the six kibbles overall, as opposed to how it currently is, three cooked meats, one jerky, and two rare ingredients. Secondly, because without making this change, cooked prime jerky would be rendered useless. 

That's all I have to say, and I hope someone from the team reads this and considers everything I had to say. Thanks.

1 hour ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Secondly, because without making this change, cooked prime jerky would be rendered useless. 

Prime Meat Jerky would not be rendered useless, it is my preferred food to carry on my survivor.

I do, however, agree with most of your post.

Rather than use Focal Chili or Lazarus Chowder, just roll the raw ingredients into the base recipe.

I’ve been making prime meat jerky pretty regularly, because it takes so long to make and didn’t ever want to be caught without it. Considering that custom recipes are capable of producing food items with higher health and food replenishment, not to mention stamina, this change renders prime jerky useless to me. I really hope this is changed so that the literally hundreds of prime jerkies I’ve made aren’t retroactively made a waste of my time and effort. 

Additionally, has a reason for making the old kibbles uncraftable been given? I certainly hope this is only temporary. I’m really happy about new kibbles being added, but I fail to see a good reason to discontinue the old kibble system. In fact, I’d rather have no new system than give up the old one. I’m really not looking forward to having to maintain a massive snake pit, because it will require more egg layers and hesperornis are just a huge hassle.

I would like to add my voice to those requesting expansion of kibble to all tames that currently lack a "perfect tame" food. For example, Paras. As an alarm/detector, they are actually useful compared to the start of Early Access, where they were just a first "big" dino tame for new players (which many players would skip for a trike). However, compared to their counterparts who can be kibble tamed, Paras tame excruciatingly slowly on their berries with absolutely horrid taming effectiveness. Similar story for scorpions and spoiled meat. 

RE: Prime Jerky: I think it might be a decent idea to consider replacing the chowder and chili with it. I have no commitment to prime meat jerky either way, for the record. The fact it is far more convenient to make compared to either soup could actually be a strike against it from a difficulty perspective, but in terms of QOL and convenience it is a plus. The long spoilage timer is also far more forgiving to early game players.

RE: Exceptional Kibble: I am a bit iffy on Titanoboas and Hesperornis being the only suppliers of the eggs. Specifically when the latter only counts when the eggs are golden eggs. I would suggest allowing multiple regular Hesperornis eggs- say, two or three, possibly four- to count as one golden egg for the purposes of making Exceptional kibble. Or maybe process the regular eggs in a preserving bin to convert them. Just throwing out ideas here.

Still, in the end I don't see anything stopping people from rolling "useless" Prime Jerky into custom recipes, nor do I think existing stockpiles should have any bearing at all on how the kibble rework proceeds. It's simply how the "economy" is at the moment, and should have no bearing on how something specifically designed to alter the game should be rolled out. Let me put it this way. You've built a massive stockpile of mud bricks to build houses out of. It's what everyone has been doing, as long as they can remember. Everyone has a stockpile of mud bricks to build their house with. Suppose someone comes up with a way to build houses that doesn't use mud bricks, but the end result is better. Based on the end result, we ought to use the new way over the old mud brick way, even it means those old mud bricks are "useless". But if there is a way to build houses the new way, and use the mud bricks in parts in such a way to create a better end product than either method, then the third way is what we should choose. 

Archived