Kibble Rework Beta Feedback

Jen

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BubbaCrawfish
3 minutes ago, Violet said:

Ohh right, thank you. I hope it tames as fast as with kibble, and 100% efficiency. I enjoy not sitting on a horse for 30 min.

A trick you can do is to put them in a pen, that's large enough for them to MAYBE calm down, and if they don't tranq them and leave them to wake up. Then when they wake jump in the pen, and tame them as usual.

Then at least they aren't running into hostile dinos and such.

If you get bucked, tranq again if they don't calm down. Just beware of their health and let them regen health if need be.

9 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

A trick you can do is to put them in a pen, that's large enough for them to MAYBE calm down, and if they don't tranq them and leave them to wake up. Then when they wake jump in the pen, and tame them as usual.

Then at least they aren't running into hostile dinos and such.

If you get bucked, tranq again if they don't calm down. Just beware of their health and let them regen health if need be.

I already have horse traps in spots or beside spots where they spawn on my server. It's just so boring to sit on a horse and feed it one carrot per 40 seconds just to get 1 or 2% without x2 taming event :( And then they turn out to have poop stats lol

Honestly if u tame Dino's for kibble and not for fun I think u need to find a new game to play lol, this game is about doing what YOU want, I tame every dino tht I see that I like, always tame sarcos, and kapros, I'll tame up dimetrodons jus cuz they look cool, I'll get a spino over a Rex any day, it's all personal preference and I feel like these meta players and alpha tribes needa stop thinking they speak for a the whole community. I find it ridiculous tht people can be so closed minded, like if u wanna experience content and tame these Dino's just do it, who gives a raptor if they are "useful" if they are cool to YOU and YOU enjoy having the dino than that's what's important if ur only taming Dino's for kibble ur not missing out on anything except hours that ud spend getting 5 of every dino just for what? So u can have a rewarding progression system? I'd rather have more than 15 frames at my kibble farm and be able to play the game and go tame Dino's for enjoyment rather than out of neccessity. That's just my opinion though I don't play videos games to do more work I play video games to chill and relax other people are most likely different. But that's my take on the kibble system, no effect on me cuz I'ma still tame the Dino's that I want to tame whether they have utility or not.

It's already been mentioned that Equus doesn't have a kibble when it should so I won't really comment on that (other than I hope it's going to be fixed.) However there's one oversight that I knew from the beginning, would be missed. The Rockwell note for egg-based kibble still has the old recipe. Obviously this clashes with keeping information properly given to those who don't seek the wiki for all the recipes. I would advise either to simply remove this note from the game or introduce 6 Rockwell notes, one for each kibble and the recipe. Those Rockwell recipe papers are also a little farfetched nowadays anyway.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I need help please. I got all the indgredients in my cooking pot for the exeptional kible but it still ain't cooking. Destroyed a couple of cooking pots for it and still no use, it still won't start cooking.

Ingredients composed of:

1 Extra Large Egg(Bronto), 10 mejo berries, 5 fibers, 1 Focal Chili, 1 rare flower, and 1 waterskin(for water)

I am playing Ark again after a VERY long break before kibble rework, usually I tamed dodo for taming pteranodon as early as I could after I built my raft base, but now I just realized it needs Regular Kibble which kinda takes time to get at early game, it also needs 2 types of veggies and cooked meat jerkies. Seems like early game will have to be on foot now, I usually could fly on day one or two playing for a few hours. I think I'll have to tame using meat if I insist I want to fly asap. Also to progress later getting wood/stone/metal gatherer will be harder than before because usually anky (metal) and doed (stone) can use dilo kibble. 

Imo Ptera and Dilo should prefer basic Kibble (can be made using dodo eggs), from there we can tame Dilo using meat or basic Kibble while Dilo produces Simple Kibble for taming Anky and Doed and Raptor (which usually is used for taming Mammoth), then Anky Doed and Raptor produces Regular kibbles for taming wood gatherers such as Castoroides/Mammoth/Thorny Dragon, etc. Even though the game's kibble system is reworked, it should still provide more or less the same steps for advancing in the game as before

Imo it's totally messed up as it is now or cmiiw, maybe I fail to see the point as how it is made this way now.

But on second thought it was on Ragnarok that has rockarrot spawns when i played and could get Ptera asap, on other map still has to farm the veggies. Maybe it's not that bad, just need to change habit lol.

Well i played ark over 6000 hours since when was been old kibble system so my mind is that new kibble system is better because you dosen't need tame every dino like we did on old system and for new system kibbles you need only 6 type dinos for kibbles now and you don't need build huge base for that and also fps is good that you don't have alot dinos for eggs.

• 6 months later...

I definitely think this new system is an improvement to the old one for ease of access, but its lacking the breakthrough tier system of the old way. Before it was hard tame 1 dino then use that kibble to chain continuously and if done right, youll nver hard tame again. Now you're forced to hard tame every tier or poach someones eggs. I definitely prefer this new system. I just miss tiering up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived