Kibble Rework Beta Feedback

Jen

31 minutes ago, InfernoRodan said:

It still boggles my mind that Griffins, Megalania, and Thylacoleo tame with Extraordinary kibble.  What, exactly, about them puts them in that tier?

This is what is called a strawman argument.  What you're suggesting would completely obliterate any semblance of progression in the kibble system.

Not really based on the arguments which were presented.

They are solutions and ideas to make the game easier for players.

That is what players want. They want to tame what they want easier.

And these are solutions to such matters.

It would be called the, "All in one kibble."

The "All in One" kibble basically takes any food ingredients of any quantity.

What kind of ingredients and the quantity of ingredients you put in to it affects the quantity and the quality of the kibble you get. 

The higher your crafting ability, the higher the quantity and quality of the kibble you get from the ingredients you put in.

In this way, players can tame dinosaurs with whatever food ingredients they have.

Obliterate any semblance in the progression in the kibble system? Don't we have that in the current kibble system?

"All in One Kibble" is the way to go to simplify the kibble system.

I buy "All in One" things all the time.

If players love easy and simplicity, they would love the "All in One" kibble.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, InfernoRodan said:

It still boggles my mind that Griffins, Megalania, and Thylacoleo tame with Extraordinary kibble.  What, exactly, about them puts them in that tier?

Yeah, I don't know either. It confuses me as well, then again, I don't feel like either of those is all that insanely important, so whatever...

They DID however bump down the Karkinos from extraordinary to exceptional. Thanks for that. So you need Basilisk, Bronto, Giga, Quetz, Rex, Therizino or Yuty Eggs for it. It helps I guess, though it still seems to be quite high for "THE aberration farming companion". On second thought... The only dino of those that is actually native to aberration is the Basilisk. While Spinos NEED exceptional Kibble, their eggs only produce superior kibble according to the announcement list. That seems... rather not thought through to me? I think I'd like to see Spino eggs in the "produce exceptional kibble" list, same as the Megalosaurus... Maybe someone who plays more on aberration can comment on their relative strength?

Also, again: Since Tek dinos are a different species, and potentially a lot more powerfull than their normal variants, please consider again to bump them up a cathegory in the kibble list? That would flesh out the extraordinary cathegory, adding Tex Rexes and Tek Quetzals to it.

Gabriel, you are deliberately cherry picking from the arguments that have been used- and there are plenty- to create an easily knocked-down strawman. This is called arguing in bad faith. What seeing this tactic tells me is that engaging further with you will not be productive.

RE: Spinos, definitely should produce exceptional kibble. This feels like an oversight- creatures producing eggs which tame the tiers below them, but not their own or higher, doesn't really serve a purpose from a progression standpoint. In this particular case, however, it serves to notably bottleneck Aberration only players: I would think a spino should be more readily obtainable before a rock drake. Or to be specific, before your first rock drake. 

RE: Extraordinary: These all seem to be "novelty" tames in some way. It's the only common thread I can see among them. That being said, Tek dinos are not inherently better than their flesh and blood counterparts, if my understanding of how they work is correct. Only if they both spawn at the higher levels they are capable of AND those stat rolls go into useful stats. 

Yeah, creatures definitely shouldn't produce eggs lower than their kibble tier.  That brings me back to what I said in a previous post about my issues with the Extraordinary kibble tier: if you're going to leave Megalania in there, at least make its eggs Extraordinary as well.  That would also make producing Extraordinary kibble on the Island and Extinction much more reasonable because relying on Golden Hesperornis eggs on those maps (especially Extinction) feels pretty silly.

On 3/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, Eldar Seer said:

[...] That being said, Tek dinos are not inherently better than their flesh and blood counterparts, if my understanding of how they work is correct. Only if they both spawn at the higher levels they are capable of AND those stat rolls go into useful stats. 

That is correct. Stats wise, they are really only worth it if they are above 150, and ideally have high specialized stats for breeding. Still, they have the potential to be quite a bit better than their normal versions, so why not make them a bit harder to get? It's not like this blocks anyone in the earlier stages of the game, you don't really need them that badly. They're "just higher level"

Raising a megalania and it asked for Kibble (Camelsaurus Egg) instead of simple kibble when it wanted care during the imprinting process. This makes it near impossible to get full imprint buff unless one uses a mod to return to the old kibble tier system or use admin commands to spawn in the required kibble.

Please fix this major issue to have them ask for the new kibble, or remove from them wanting kibble during the imprinting.

New kibble is out more than a week now.
Please fix babies asking for old kibbles which cannot be crafted anymore.
I know you can work around it by using cryo/uncryo until baby asks for something else, but this does not help when you have 20+ babies and cryo sickness kicks in.

Thank you.

EDIT: have this behavior on Scorched Earth, I am told babies on Center/Island ask for the new kibble system.

Hello. I have a big problem on my server EU-Pve-Aberration220.

I started to raise a new huge batch of babies, and absolutely all of them continue to ask for the old kibbles ( or classic cuddle/walk). These babies hatched today or yesterday, and the eggs were fresh (not before kibble rework).

Why ? I can no longer imprint on them ! Am I the only one who has this problem ? My other friends are playing on Ragnarok and they don't have the problem, their babies ask for new things, like Berries for Rex ( lol? ). But me on Aberration, they babies seem to keep asking for old kibbles...

Server: NA-PVE-Official-Aberration409

We have a large batch of new babies from parents that were bred after the kibble rework.
 - Spinosaurs, Velanosaurs, Iguanodons, Bulbdog, Featherlights, Paracertherium.

All of these babies are requesting the old kibbles.  We have tried using another kibble of the same quality to imprint, but it is not accepted.
Can this issue please be fixed swiftly?  We are running out of the old kibbles ?

Thank you.

21 hours ago, CHLOCH52 said:

New kibble recipes unbalanced. 

It costs more resources to make basic kibble than simle or regular kibble. Even though it might just be berries, it costs more resources to make a single kibble from a dodo egg than almost everything else.

My critters are eating it faster than I can make it now.

This is when you take a berry harvesting dino and go crazy in an area with it. I can get up to 800+ berries within a span of a few minutes without changing any of the settings that affects gathering

The kibble rework system is easier in a way, however, I think the recipes could use a little tinkering, they use far to much berries, meat, etc for one type, most of my old kibble disappeared upon the rework, and I had to make all new kibble of every type it was ridiculous how much I had to use for all of them, well except exceptional that is because I don't have a female wyrven, rock drake, or ever hisperonis or whatever they are called to have the eggs to make it. Which brings me to another point I think every kibble should be able to made on any dlc from a few select dinos. Which is certainly not the case,  Survival evolved i.e. you only have the option of that annoying duck dino for extraordinary kibble and that requires extra work in itself to get the golden eggs needed. If you only play that dlc and wanted options for eggs then you have to server/dlc transfer and tame a rock drake or wyrven, bring it back, or buy a dino, but some people don't really have the time, skill, resources whatever to do that. I highly prefer the old kibble way since I have a wide variety of dinos I could make just about every kibble I needed, now I cant. I also knew without having to look it up what the kibble was for, or what dino eggs I needed to make a kibble. The eggs themselves should be labeled / categorized as basic, simple, regular, superior, exceptional, extraordinary somewhere in there description.  

11 hours ago, ttmk27 said:

The kibble rework system is easier in a way, however, I think the recipes could use a little tinkering, they use far to much berries, meat, etc for one type, most of my old kibble disappeared upon the rework, and I had to make all new kibble of every type it was ridiculous how much I had to use for all of them, well except exceptional that is because I don't have a female wyrven, rock drake, or ever hisperonis or whatever they are called to have the eggs to make it. Which brings me to another point I think every kibble should be able to made on any dlc from a few select dinos. Which is certainly not the case,  Survival evolved i.e. you only have the option of that annoying duck dino for extraordinary kibble and that requires extra work in itself to get the golden eggs needed. If you only play that dlc and wanted options for eggs then you have to server/dlc transfer and tame a rock drake or wyrven, bring it back, or buy a dino, but some people don't really have the time, skill, resources whatever to do that. I highly prefer the old kibble way since I have a wide variety of dinos I could make just about every kibble I needed, now I cant. I also knew without having to look it up what the kibble was for, or what dino eggs I needed to make a kibble. The eggs themselves should be labeled / categorized as basic, simple, regular, superior, exceptional, extraordinary somewhere in there description.  

Do remember, unless one is using a mod, you cannot breed wyverns nor rock drakes, so those eggs can only be stolen from the nests normally so yeah.... They should have a 'few' more dinos for that list that can breed that doesn't require any of the DLCs to get (least with wyvern you can get Ragnarok for free and get the wyvern eggs from there!)

I used to love this game but since trying to get back into official pve again I’m struggling to justify that previous emotion. First but not surprising at all is the whole starter area is pillared and claimed by the least friendly person on the map. No worries not my first rodeo but upon further inspection I find that most of that map is pillared except murder snow and death desert. So I settle in the snow losing my parasaurs I had tamed on the beach could you imagine if they were turtles trying to make that walk. I only bring that up because with this new kibble rework turtles look to be the “easiest” way to get a flyer and become more mobile which everyone is telling me will make non existent land easier to find. Taking a bunch of turtles or worse just to sit around for weeks because I’m not on every second it would literally takes me weeks to get the eggs I need just to tame a usable Petra to start looking for a place to build lol all this taming and waiting as a nomad most likely on a raft do you see what happened to my love for the game it has become a game of futility I would love for good feedback to restore that but I know all I’ll see is people saying “not ah” or “maybe because I’m a noob things are like this” but no I’m experienced and unfortunately lost about a game I used to love went from dodos to get into the air to turtles that I can’t keep or maintain long enough to get eggs death of ark 03/20/2019

3 hours ago, Alphavike said:

I used to love this game but since trying to get back into official pve again I’m struggling to justify that previous emotion. First but not surprising at all is the whole starter area is pillared and claimed by the least friendly person on the map. No worries not my first rodeo but upon further inspection I find that most of that map is pillared except murder snow and death desert. So I settle in the snow losing my parasaurs I had tamed on the beach could you imagine if they were turtles trying to make that walk. I only bring that up because with this new kibble rework turtles look to be the “easiest” way to get a flyer and become more mobile which everyone is telling me will make non existent land easier to find. Taking a bunch of turtles or worse just to sit around for weeks because I’m not on every second it would literally takes me weeks to get the eggs I need just to tame a usable Petra to start looking for a place to build lol all this taming and waiting as a nomad most likely on a raft do you see what happened to my love for the game it has become a game of futility I would love for good feedback to restore that but I know all I’ll see is people saying “not ah” or “maybe because I’m a noob things are like this” but no I’m experienced and unfortunately lost about a game I used to love went from dodos to get into the air to turtles that I can’t keep or maintain long enough to get eggs death of ark 03/20/2019

Most likely that server doesn't have a rule against building like that, especially around starting locations.

I'd like to see more progression in the kibble like the old... Maybe make one of the egg types for each category a step below for newer players.

I recently restarted after being away for almost 2 years from having a kid. Came back and had to start fresh, it's wasn't too hard getting up to speed but having to tame stuff with regular meat, mutton and prime due to not having access to eggs. We ended up just taming low levels just to have egg layers. 

All and all, maybe do like quetzal eggs in The last catigory for example. They're rare enough and a step below the things they tame if not on par. Just a though, thanks. :)

-Ven Jen

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:40 AM, Dolphinsong said:

Do remember, unless one is using a mod, you cannot breed wyverns nor rock drakes, so those eggs can only be stolen from the nests normally so yeah.... They should have a 'few' more dinos for that list that can breed that doesn't require any of the DLCs to get (least with wyvern you can get Ragnarok for free and get the wyvern eggs from there!)

Yeah I have tried a few times to get eggs on rag.... my pterradons keep dying not enough weight on them to pick up egg and have speed to get out. Trust me I would love to get some eggs since my island server is laggy as @#$$ and disconnection issues I had my newly first ever wyrven die on that server like 2 weeks after getting it. :(

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 3/24/2019 at 5:32 AM, Violet said:

The Equus doesn't like regular kibble and I am unable to make troodon kibble anymore. Can you add Equus to regular kibble list? Thanks.

It doesn't have a kibble anymore... Rockarrots only now.

Archived