Structure Plus Beta Feedback

Jen

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, CCRogerWilco said:

Well more a week than a month, by the looks of at least the quoted post.

That post was after the last update unfortunately, was broken before then.

4 hours ago, Vendral said:

HOLD ON A DAMN SECOND....

You mean to tell me that this was known TWO MONTHS ago and they still released this garbage?? WTAF WC..... 

Fixed. Was reported day 1 which was Jan 11, today is Mar 6, just shy of 2 months.

So to the Ark Dev's - Are we going to have an official reply to the utter clusterfck that you have caused with the implementation of the S+ to base game?

I do believe that we as a community are entitled to know what is going on.

Please acknowledge that you are working on this issue and also please give us some feedback.

We don't like to be ignored.

15 hours ago, Dolphinsong said:

Do remember folks, the coding is slightly different between beta and live release. Such differences can cause a few issues when it goes live that cannot be test for

That's BS.

When they know about an issue, their job is to test it internally to confirm and reproduce it BEFORE they start working on a fix for it, then push the fix out on the beta server, rinse and repeat until they get it right, then push the update to the live version. Beta testers are just there to test stuff and catch bugs and then report them so the dev team can do the rest. That's common practice.

Some bugs may occur and slip past the cracks, but not on this scale. Not after being warned about these issues multiple times.

There is no excuse. They have at least one QA who is responsible for making sure this does not happen.

Stop trying to defend them. White knighting does far more harm than it does any good.

6 hours ago, ExcessEvil said:

That's BS.

When they know about an issue, their job is to test it internally to confirm and reproduce it BEFORE they start working on a fix for it, then push the fix out on the beta server, rinse and repeat until they get it right, then push the update to the live version. Beta testers are just there to test stuff and catch bugs and then report them so the dev team can do the rest. That's common practice.

Some bugs may occur and slip past the cracks, but not on this scale. Not after being warned about these issues multiple times.

There is no excuse. They have at least one QA who is responsible for making sure this does not happen.

Stop trying to defend them. White knighting does far more harm than it does any good.

Not defending them, explaining a possible cause for why some new issues have occurred. I've studied in this and even have a degree in game design and the code altering between beta and live IS a thing. Hell I've beta'd many games in the past, one of which when it went live severely hurt it to the point it didn't last very long (When game went live, it was as if it was in Alpha all over again)

I am sad to see that several issues that were brought up didn't seem to of been resolved prior to it going live which is a glaring mistake on their part as we were nice enough to report the issues we've come across and never got seen fixed so we can test the fixes.

33 minutes ago, Dolphinsong said:

I've studied in this and even have a degree in game design and the code altering between beta and live IS a thing

I heard WC is hiring..

As i also mentioned, some stuff DO slip through the cracks, obviously because of some code being altered for the updated code lines, but not to this extent. This is just incompetence above anything else. This is more likely a case of missing code, not altered code.

36 minutes ago, Dolphinsong said:

Hell I've beta'd many games in the past

I've been a paid and non-paid tester for years both for pre-alpha, alpha as well as beta, and this is by far the worst i've come across. Testers being ignored to the point where all the bugs reported during beta have made it into the live version. It's just simply unacceptable on so many levels. The QA did not do their job at all here, and the internal testing was a joke.

None of the stairs or triangle foundations show up in any of my crafting inventories unless I search for them.  So, for example, if I go into my inventory > structures > wood, the wooden stairs and wooden triangle foundation aren't there.  But if I type them in the search bar, they show up and are craftable.

@Jen

S+ still isn't working properly.

Q4MC3FA.jpg

Triangle foundations aren't snapping to square foundations, and they also aren't stacking like normal.

qR84qmX.jpg

Triangle sloped roofs are not even close to snapping in the correct place.

MKf6WgY.jpg

Collision is also messed up. I can't fit through this door even though my head doesn't touch. I have to duck.

I found these things within 5 minutes of trying to build. I guarantee there is more that I haven't discovered yet.

56 minutes ago, Vythri said:

@Jen

S+ still isn't working properly.

Q4MC3FA.jpg

Triangle foundations aren't snapping to square foundations, and they also aren't stacking like normal.

qR84qmX.jpg

Triangle sloped roofs are not even close to snapping in the correct place.

MKf6WgY.jpg

Collision is also messed up. I can't fit through this door even though my head doesn't touch. I have to duck.

I found these things within 5 minutes of trying to build. I guarantee there is more that I haven't discovered yet.

S+ the mod or the integrated version? I know the mod itself is current semi broken cause of the code changes dealing with the integrated stuff.

Also, make sure to check mods that might be affecting them. I've had no issues getting in and out of the double doors but do still hate that my report about how they sit outwards and down was ignored.

2 hours ago, Dolphinsong said:

S+ the mod or the integrated version? I know the mod itself is current semi broken cause of the code changes dealing with the integrated stuff.

Also, make sure to check mods that might be affecting them. I've had no issues getting in and out of the double doors but do still hate that my report about how they sit outwards and down was ignored.

The s+ mod. I'm not using the integrated version. The server i'm on has that ini setting set to false as well. The point being that they implemented a fix in the last patch, and the fix did not fix everything.

5 hours ago, Vythri said:

The s+ mod. I'm not using the integrated version. The server i'm on has that ini setting set to false as well. The point being that they implemented a fix in the last patch, and the fix did not fix everything.

It is the mod itself that needs updating, as even tho the ini is set to false for the integrated, it has still altered the codes to the structures and thus the S+ mod no longer able to snap to the default structures for the most part.

On 1/21/2019 at 9:10 AM, dcrago said:

Only tested in SP so don't know if unofficial servers will have the same problem but; if you place any of the integrated S+ structures, next time you start your save with the S+ mod installed all integrated S+ structures will change to modded S+ structures. And side note: all modded S+ structures don't have snap points when on the beta build.

This was posted at January 21st.

Two weeks later, this bug was in the final release!

What I'm trying to understand here is why the devs didn't just take over maintenance and upkeep of the actual S+ mod, you know, the one that worked before the devs come up with this neutered clusterfark called Homestead. Sad when the modders are more skilled than the paid devs. I mean, was it from jealousy? "Everyone uses S+ because our building system sucks, we'll show them!" Bah.

idk if this has been posted or tested yet, but is anyone else having issues placing a tek teleporter on triangle cielings? no matter what i do i just keep getting the 'is obstructed' message. I have plenty of space around and above it, and it allows me to place it on normal pillars/ceilings, so it has me stumped... 

• 3 weeks later...

Don't recall this being mentioned during the beta but its defently something to note with the Fence Supports. Currently been trying to use the Wood Fence Supports to do the nice even wall alignments and I noticed that when placing it on the bare ground and then placing walls on it.. there is a good size gap between the ground and the wall placement. This isn't what I want when trying to build a fence and I don't like using normal fence foundations since they don't make for even walls.

9 hours ago, Dolphinsong said:

Don't recall this being mentioned during the beta but its defently something to note with the Fence Supports. Currently been trying to use the Wood Fence Supports to do the nice even wall alignments and I noticed that when placing it on the bare ground and then placing walls on it.. there is a good size gap between the ground and the wall placement. This isn't what I want when trying to build a fence and I don't like using normal fence foundations since they don't make for even walls.

This is the way that works in the mod S+. This is why nobody mentioned it.

Just put another wall below and the gap will be filled.

• 2 months later...
  • Jerryn locked this topic

Archived