Jump to content

Jen

Structure Plus Beta Feedback

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

Feedback (not bug): Please, stackable foundations! If there is something preventing you from adding it to officials then pretty please a config setting for it?

Yeah! Stackable Foundations!
..or, at least add a snap-point, to snap higher or lower, when building on a sloped surface.
So, we can fill it with walls later, and the Walls have to match their height.

But... a picture is worth a thousand words.
So, take a look at the 3000 words below:

3.thumb.jpg.a7ae20b9aa38ddc269b46a7d0f132f0e.jpg2.thumb.jpg.2e50f6361e7c642d0affb13d132175cd.jpg1.thumb.jpg.a56f37d60d178e474feac96a9675c7c1.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ilias said:

Yeah! Stackable Foundations!
..or, at least add a snap-point, to snap higher or lower, when building on a sloped surface.
So, we can fill it with walls later, and the Walls have to match their height.

But... a picture is worth a thousand words.
So, take a look at the 3000 words below:

3.thumb.jpg.a7ae20b9aa38ddc269b46a7d0f132f0e.jpg2.thumb.jpg.2e50f6361e7c642d0affb13d132175cd.jpg1.thumb.jpg.a56f37d60d178e474feac96a9675c7c1.jpg

Oh, I also love the idea of a snap point one wall below!! ❤️ I want both now :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jen

I'm just finished, testing the new beta.
It took me only 5 minutes to realize that my testing on the first beta was a waste of time!
Almost nothing was fixed from my feedback. Not only this, but new bugs have been added!

Why Wildcard needs our feedback, for bugs that can be found in 5 minutes of building?
I think that the developers don't test anything. It's unbelievable!
Spend 10 minutes of your time, to test your own game!

I'm done with this "S+ Beta" thing. Good luck, Wildcard.

 

1.thumb.jpg.11b3a3aca96ed27343e922c82e4d6ddc.jpg
I'm trying to snap a Triangle Ceiling on a Triangle Foundation.

 

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ilias said:

I'm just finished, testing the new beta.
It took me only 5 minutes to realize that my testing on the first beta was a waste of time!
Almost nothing was fixed from my feedback. Not only this, but new bugs have been added!

I really get that you feel that way. I'm sorry to see you leave as I think your input was good. Maybe it's just that what they released was the fixes that were quick to make and the things you remarked on take longer? If that didn't help at all, I respect your decision to not do the beta anymore, but I'll miss your input :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another request, if I may: When picking up a structure that is solely holding other structures up, the other structures are demolished - could any structures supported by the picked up structure be picked up as well? That would be really amazing! :D

And on that note, if you did consider it - maybe the same with demolishing? It's not always very clear what structures act as support for other structures frequently resulting in mistakenly demolished other structures. I'd love any of the following options when demolishing a structure:

  • Structures supported by the demolished structure are considered manually demolished, meaning resources back for those as well as if they had been selected for demolition
  • Structures supported by the demolished structure are picked up

Thanks for reading ❤️

Edited by Zahlea
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curiosity on some fixes incoming with structures plus. Will there be a port option to enable all engrams for building with primitive plus and standard edition engrams for both modes. Tek atv fix maybe? Or could we just get a normal jeep without it jumping and sliding?  Is there a mailbox fix coming with this Structures+ we have several hooked up for design but players are still getting caught up with the send to options than have to force close there game any fix maybe in the code slightly mobile got it to work it would make for easier communication between players and tribes. Or maybe an ini file for either gameusersetting, engine, or game. Thx should be easy for you to fix now that your on it and aware

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep encountering a bug where whenever I step off of stairs, ramps, or foundations at certain angles, regardless of what their texture is (ramp, stair), it gets me stuck inside of the structure, but about 10-15 seconds later, it pushes me out. Please fix the collision so it isn't possible to get stuck inside them anymore! Hope that helps.

Edited by NeddyTheNoodle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work with the Beta. Most of what I have found has been mentioned but here is some feedback/ questions, I have come up with while playing with the new structures.

Will the dedicated storage ever follow the description if powered it acts as a fridge? or is this description going to change so its for resources only? I personally like the idea of it being a fridge or having a tek variant for a fridge. I believe that it should allow us to store resources that you can't currently store for a long time such as leech blood, wyvern milk or venom. It doesn't have to store it forever but it would be nice if we could get a week or two from them. Maybe make mutton and stuff last longer then it currently does in a fridge. 

It's been mentioned by Fresonis but we need a variant of the single wall and also the large wall to make them look the same. Example for stone walls some like the wood bracing others don't, it would be great to have the choice. The one thing I disagree with him is on the stairs clipping out of the base please make it so that none of it clips out not just the side. Structures just look weird when you have some part of the inside sticking out like the slopped roofs if used as ramps. I believe all structures that do that should get fixed.

I have found that the sloped tek roofs and sloped greenhouse roofs when used do not fit well together. I tried it and there was a very large gap between the two in the same row.

For additional structures from S+, as some have mentioned it would be great to get the upside down sloped walls, I would love to see glass added. If you don't want to make greenhouse glass obsolete or have two structures do the exact same thing, you could simply remove the effect and call it ballistic glass or something and just make it strong and use it as a metal tier window. If you wanted it to have some sort of special feature other then changing it opaque you could make it act like the spyglass and when a person looks out of it they can see the level and gender of any dino's in front of it.

 

Edited by CypherKadel
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 4:43 AM, Headshotdead said:

I'm playing on xbox and can't wait to get these updates so I dont know, if it's an option but if you could make a reverse sloped wall that goes up on top side of sloped roof just like the other half of the wall just on the top part with limited foundation attributes so they dont require a permenent ceiling and half/third/quarter walls portrait style 

Yes pleeaassee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stone stairs are missing the awesome regular texture and look rather.. bland.
Also stairs: at least the stone stairs will sometimes re-enable their railing collision (server restart?) even though it's still set to disabled. Have to demo/rebuild it for it to work again (for a while) Regardless: Use a visible railing, or none at all. Having an invisible barrier only leads to confusion.

Triangle Roofs have trouble closing gaps when trying to build a sloped rectangular rounded roof. It'll try and extend the opposite side of the roof instead of filling in the V-shaped gap where you're looking. (Only happens when the opposing side is within snapping distance. When using flat ceilings in between, all is fine)

E to pickup without a "hold" bit is lethal. (fixed in last patch I think?)

Half-stair ( 90°) cost is the same as full-stair cost (180°).

Placing stairs in a square corner allows you to fall in the gap between the outer stair and wall, you'll get stuck and need to demo stuff to get out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 7:47 AM, ilias said:

@Jen

I'm just finished, testing the new beta.
It took me only 5 minutes to realize that my testing on the first beta was a waste of time!
Almost nothing was fixed from my feedback. Not only this, but new bugs have been added!

Why Wildcard needs our feedback, for bugs that can be found in 5 minutes of building?
I think that the developers don't test anything. It's unbelievable!
Spend 10 minutes of your time, to test your own game!

I'm done with this "S+ Beta" thing. Good luck, Wildcard.

 

1.thumb.jpg.11b3a3aca96ed27343e922c82e4d6ddc.jpg
I'm trying to snap a Triangle Ceiling on a Triangle Foundation.

 

I guess you just don't understand what 'beta testing' means. The programmers working on what we are testing are themselves testing it while they have us test as well. This way, with more than just the few programmers looking for issues, more problems can be found FASTER and thus get fixed faster. The more people testing and reporting feedback, the more narrowed the area of the problem becomes known and allowing for easier solving than only a few people discovering it and them spending weeks trying to locate the exact issue of the problem. We players are doing a lot more with being testers for the programmers in finding problems than the few programmers can do themselves as we are using various specs of systems while they are using near identical setups.

How can someone properly test for issues when the only systems you have are identical? Doing the same things on all of them hoping something new pops up? We players have different setups, different design ideas in structure ideas and uses. Thus we are able to find all sorts of issues, and can find stuff others hadn't even noticed yet simply cause we did something else. Sometimes the problems cannot be replicated that easily by the programmers simply due to the fact our own systems are different from theirs, and by us reporting them they can see that what works fine for them, can cause issues for someone on a different setup which is something they wish to avoid least they lose customers.

I have beta'd for many games over the past 12 years and even tho it seems they arn't listening to your feedback, they are. Earning a bachelor's in Game Design even taught me that just because to us gamers it looks like a simple fix to do, can actually involve hours if not days or weeks of scanning through millions of lines of codes to find where the problem is occurring, and how to change it so that it does what its needed to do without causing problems elsewhere. Quick fixes always makes for more issues cropping up instead of actually fixing what needs to be fixed.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2019 at 6:03 AM, Dolphinsong said:

I guess you just don't understand what 'beta testing' means. The programmers working on what we are testing are themselves testing it while they have us test as well. This way, with more than just the few programmers looking for issues, more problems can be found FASTER and thus get fixed faster. The more people testing and reporting feedback, the more narrowed the area of the problem becomes known and allowing for easier solving than only a few people discovering it and them spending weeks trying to locate the exact issue of the problem. We players are doing a lot more with being testers for the programmers in finding problems than the few programmers can do themselves as we are using various specs of systems while they are using near identical setups.

How can someone properly test for issues when the only systems you have are identical? Doing the same things on all of them hoping something new pops up? We players have different setups, different design ideas in structure ideas and uses. Thus we are able to find all sorts of issues, and can find stuff others hadn't even noticed yet simply cause we did something else. Sometimes the problems cannot be replicated that easily by the programmers simply due to the fact our own systems are different from theirs, and by us reporting them they can see that what works fine for them, can cause issues for someone on a different setup which is something they wish to avoid least they lose customers.

I have beta'd for many games over the past 12 years and even tho it seems they arn't listening to your feedback, they are. Earning a bachelor's in Game Design even taught me that just because to us gamers it looks like a simple fix to do, can actually involve hours if not days or weeks of scanning through millions of lines of codes to find where the problem is occurring, and how to change it so that it does what its needed to do without causing problems elsewhere. Quick fixes always makes for more issues cropping up instead of actually fixing what needs to be fixed.

I get that you know what you're talking about when it comes to Game Design because of your degree so I'm not gonna argue that. Please extend the same courtesy of knowing what I'm talking about to me that has a Masters in game programming (and currently working teaching it): Many of the reported issues with this and other implemented features have clearly not been tested beyond making sure that they appear in the game. Yes, beta testing means helping to find bugs, but it's just common decency for the developers to at least test some simple use cases and try to give us a tested product. Beta testers, to me, are not meant to find the glaring immediately-obvious issues and clog up the reporting with that, but rather, those issues should be found and removed by the developers so that the testers can focus on the not-so-easily found issues, which is where they are really helpful.

But this is derailing the topic. Back to regular scheduled programming! Feedback on stairs and ramps: I don't understand the rationale for having two separate structures for this that can both be switched into the other. I propose: Either have both stairs and ramps that can't be switched into each other or, which I would prefer, make it only one structure that can be switched between them both, let's call it an ascent. Or is there an upside to two different structures that I'm missing?

Edited by Zahlea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zahlea said:

[ . . . ]

I don't understand the rationale for having two separate structures for this that can both be switched into the other. I propose: Either have both stairs and ramps that can't be switched into each other or, which I would prefer, make it only one structure that can be switched between them both, let's call it an ascent. Or is there an upside to two different structures that I'm missing?

There is an angle difference between Ramp and Stairs.
Stairs is 1-Wall high and 1-Ceiling long.
Ramp is shorter and taller than a Wall.

Ramp must remain as is, otherwise it will not work on already-built bases.

Stairs is the new structure (copied from S+ mod), which can be switched to either ramp or stairs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ilias said:

There is an angle difference between Ramp and Stairs.
Stairs is 1-Wall high and 1-Ceiling long.
Ramp is shorter and taller than a Wall.

Ramp must remain as is, otherwise it will not work on already-built bases.

Stairs is the new structure (copied from S+ mod), which can be switched to either ramp or stairs.

Ah, that makes sense though. I thought that difference was only between ramps and sloped roofs and that the stairs and ramps were the same. I really wish they'd rework them to only one or two different slopes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 11:21 PM, NeddyTheNoodle said:

I keep encountering a bug where whenever I step off of stairs, ramps, or foundations at certain angles, regardless of what their texture is (ramp, stair), it gets me stuck inside of the structure, but about 10-15 seconds later, it pushes me out. Please fix the collision so it isn't possible to get stuck inside them anymore! Hope that helps.

This bug is not specific to the beta. It also appeared in the live version with v289.100 released on 16 January, 2019. There are countless posts about this new issue on Steam and Reddit. No acknowledgement from devs for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tfmonk said:

Is aberration getting a resource to use instead of ammonite bile for the Tek dedicated storage?

Everyone will be farming bile once it goes live.   There are no resources for this on some maps, and very limited on others.    Either need a different ingrediant for tek storage units or increase ways to get bile.

They wanted to make cryopods and cryofridges accesible to players.   Tek storage units will reduce the size of bases as we dont need a dozen vaults just for hide or another resource. 

Tek storage units should be just as accesible as cryo units are.  Replace bile as an ingrediant or add alternate ways to get it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...