Structure Plus Beta Feedback

Jen

1 hour ago, mleii said:

Are they still updating the PC version with all the issues that have been found?  I haven't seen a notice about an update for quite some time.  Are they actually still working on testing this so we can get this officially available?

Yes. Same was asked on Reddit, Chris responded that there is a bug they need to fix before pushing the next public iteration of the beta. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was trying to come up with other ideas I had like a hangar door connection wher you could manipulate wall ceiling/sloped to would function like giant gates. Or foundations that clip funtion to a certain point where they slope to lowered or raised foundations and less sensitivity to auto clip so cycle buttons work right and add option to continue walls from ceilings to seal ground difference between 2x wall or fence foundation 

20190217002420_1.thumb.jpg.85d95629c1f5230032b01ccacb90dbe5.jpg

3 hours ago, Headshotdead said:

I was trying to come up with other ideas I had like a hangar door connection wher you could manipulate wall ceiling/sloped to would function like giant gates. Or foundations that clip funtion to a certain point where they slope to lowered or raised foundations and less sensitivity to auto clip so cycle buttons work right and add option to continue walls from ceilings to seal ground difference between 2x wall or fence foundation 

I'm having a hard time understanding some parts of your post. You definitely should take the time to read yourself before you post. You should try making shorter phrases. The general rule of thumb is that if an idea can stand on it's own, then it should be a separate phrase.

Anyhow, to address some of what you are saying... S+ does have gates which can be used with slopped ceilings. They haven't been implemented in the current beta, but the devs have said that S+ would be implemented in stages. As far as raising or lowering foundations goes, there's a trick to doing that. There's plenty of Youtube videos out there that show how to do that.

As for the last part, that can also be done with what we already have. If done right, the gap just about disappears completly, and the best part is that it can be done without having to enable the "Disable Structure Placement Collision" option. Here's how it's done:

1. Build your floor on pillars 
  2. Put one wall so that you can see where to line up your fence foundation
  3. Attach a ladder to your ceiling, climb partway, look down and enable K mode.
  4. Line up and place your fence foundation. Rotate your camera around as needed to until you are happy with the placement.
  5. Build down your wall as far as you want to go, then build the rest of it up from your fence foundation. The order is important because the bottom one will clip the top wall without problem, but the reverse does not work.

It's not perfect, but it does work better then the poor excuse for a fence support that is implemented in the beta. Even the S+ version is quite the misbehaved child. It really just needs to be scrapped in favor of something like a foundation wall as I've suggested in one of my earlier post. Even without "Disable Structure Placement Collision", clipping is definitely possible. You just have to know how to do it.

20190216235054_1.thumb.jpg.992d2d093ac55828d8b00b716aa2d3bf.jpg

Here's another, slightly more involved version of this:

20190217002420_1.thumb.jpg.85d95629c1f5230032b01ccacb90dbe5.jpg

Why can’t we put leech blood in the fridge?? You know how hard t was to find it in the first place on pve server 842 in the swamp? You having 90% of all leeches on the map spawning In the cave and there are never any good drops , goo poles never drop and after all the 3 hours of searching for blood you can’t even preserve it ...

On 1/22/2019 at 4:07 AM, ilias said:

Yeah! Stackable Foundations!
..or, at least add a snap-point, to snap higher or lower, when building on a sloped surface.
So, we can fill it with walls later, and the Walls have to match their height.

But... a picture is worth a thousand words.
So, take a look at the 3000 words below:

3.thumb.jpg.a7ae20b9aa38ddc269b46a7d0f132f0e.jpg2.thumb.jpg.2e50f6361e7c642d0affb13d132175cd.jpg1.thumb.jpg.a56f37d60d178e474feac96a9675c7c1.jpg

You know how to build on unflat terrain right you don't need to stack foundations you just need to know what your doing I can help you if your on console

57 minutes ago, ChiefJDUB said:

You know how to build on unflat terrain right you don't need to stack foundations you just need to know what your doing I can help you if your on console

I play ARK since day-1. I know how to build on uneven terrain (you can see it on the screenshot), but it would be easier if Foundations would snap each other, on a different height.

Wildcard (Grapeshot) already did it on Atlas. So, they know how to do it.

12 hours ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

It's really disappointing that the beta hasn't been updated in over a month. We've given you tons of feedback and you have yet to update it.

It takes time to work on codes and to make fixes that don't cause more problems elsewhere. I have seen where it takes several months if not a year or two before a particular bug/issue gets fixed cause of having to locate among the millions of lines of coding the issue conflicts with the new feature your wishing to add/repair.

I would rather they take their time and get the issues resolved properly instead of rushing them and ending up with more, if not worse, issues they would have to also fix besides what they are fixing already.

@Jen @CtrlAltDebug @Skittle @Seggzy

Please make dedicated storage have the capability to act as a fridge for feces and owl pellets similar to how beetles and compost bins extend the decay timers.

It would be amazing to have a late game TEK option to not worry about slot caps or decay timers for stockpiling a large collection of pellets or feces when needed.

21 minutes ago, Demerus said:

@Jen @CtrlAltDebug @Skittle @Seggzy

Please make dedicated storage have the capability to act as a fridge for feces and owl pellets similar to how beetles and compost bins extend the decay timers.

It would be amazing to have a late game TEK option to not worry about slot caps or decay timers for stockpiling a large collection of pellets or feces when needed.

You already posted this just the other day, give them time work on things XD

This might not be an issue with the S+ integration, but as it's feedback in the beta I figured it was fitting to post here anyway. The metal behemoth gate is offset downwards so that it is clipping through and lower than the gateway, as can be seen in the two pictures below, showing the gate closed and open. It would be nice if the gate was fixed so that it's not clipping.

ark-ss-closed.thumb.jpg.cb9efbef1daa2202d52c1b9de3545090.jpgark-ss-open.thumb.jpg.8b4e3d007b69ccb746761d0008777185.jpg

It can also be seen at the top, although this might be by design to make it look better: ark-ss-top.thumb.jpg.5bcbc7ace8579a569f83ef730634650f.jpg

However, this makes it less than ideal in a water pen, such as on the pictures. I would much prefer if the gate went all the way to the top and while requesting - it would be amazing if the gateway went all the way to the underside of the ceiling (the ceiling is 13 wall heights above the floor the gate stands on) so that it's possible to create a gate that fully fills the space I need for it without the clipping I get from the gateway if I put the ceiling at 12 wall heights above the floor.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:59 AM, ilias said:

Yes. Of course.
I enabled this setting the first day it was introduced and I never came back!

And therein lies the problem. I do use it and enjoy that feature, but I do also consider how this would feel from the point of view of someone who is playing on official servers. The bottom-line for me is that options like that should not be needed and neither should many of the tricks of the trades which are used to circonvent the limits of the building system. For that mater, many of those "tricks of the trades" very much feel like they are bugs which went unaddressed for so long that they might as well be features of the game.The fact that they are needed shows just how much work is still needed to get the building system in a good place.

The snap system in this game is particularly horrible. The entire structure will shift one way or another unless you put up a wall facing the exact direction that you were facing when you placed your first foundation. It's even worse on boats and platforms where the green overlay will just start dancing all over the place making it a nightmare to line up anything. I just don't understand how that's a thing. It can be used up to some point in order to create interesting architectural details, but for the most part, it's just going to create gaps in between walls, be a pain and make you rage as you take down what you just built and rebuild it.

This update is a good opportunity to go back and fix those issues once and for all. It is my hope that they will do more then merely implement S+ and will actually address some of those longstanding issues.

On 2/24/2019 at 7:38 AM, dcrago said:

Integrated S+ structures are still being replaced by modded S+ structures on map load. I`am also still getting stuck on structures but it doesn't happen as much unless they get unloaded then it starts back up again. And modded S+ is still broken with no snap points on anything.20190224011048_1.thumb.jpg.3d07770191a28bfbc4d71b9c44ef3461.jpg

And now it's broken on the released version of Homestead.

11 hours ago, CCRogerWilco said:

And now it's broken on the released version of Homestead.

Why even have a bloody beta when stuff like this never gets tested enough or if at all?  No competent developer worth their salt would ignore such a gamebreaking issue..

Modded servers are now put on hold and some have even been abandoned because people are fed up with this nonsense, and i'm talking about people who've been supporting the developers since day one of Early Access..

On 2/24/2019 at 1:38 AM, dcrago said:

Integrated S+ structures are still being replaced by modded S+ structures on map load. I`am also still getting stuck on structures but it doesn't happen as much unless they get unloaded then it starts back up again. And modded S+ is still broken with no snap points on anything.20190224011048_1.thumb.jpg.3d07770191a28bfbc4d71b9c44ef3461.jpg

HOLD ON A DAMN SECOND....

You mean to tell me that this was known almost a MONTH ago and they still released this garbage?? WTAF WC..... 

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived