Structure Plus Beta Feedback

Jen

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:27 PM, Cyclops said:

Everyone will be farming bile once it goes live.   There are no resources for this on some maps, and very limited on others.    Either need a different ingrediant for tek storage units or increase ways to get bile.

They wanted to make cryopods and cryofridges accesible to players.   Tek storage units will reduce the size of bases as we dont need a dozen vaults just for hide or another resource. 

Tek storage units should be just as accesible as cryo units are.  Replace bile as an ingrediant or add alternate ways to get it.

the crafting materials already got changed a week or two ago. They now require metal, poly, crystal and black pearls. Couldnt remember exact amount of each resource. Im more curious of how to unlock, since i killed every boss to test, but didnt got it of any boss

Ran into an issue with the Reinforced Wooden Door trying to snap it to the Wooden Doorframe. I've had no issues with this prior to the beta so it has to be something with the code changes causing it. The door isn't snapping correctly to the frame, its popped out instead and it does set like that when placed.

I do not have structure placement collision disabled, and the only mods I have active is Simple Humans, Ducktopia Utilities, and Death Recovery Mod.

Offaligned Door.png

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Tek_Dedicated_Storage

According to the wiki you need ammonite bile to craft the dedicated storage? How to access it on SE/extinction/abberation? Ammonites don't seem to spawn there. 

If so, can you please provide an alternative material so the storage can be crafted on all maps?

Edit: what did I miss that I earned a "facepalm" @ilias I can't learn from mistakes if you don't tell me what's wrong.

I do make use of the S+ mod a lot in single player. A lot of what I'm noticing in the feedback here very much feels like this is still very incomplete and possibly an almost direct copy of the S+ code. There are some videos out there of peoples building sideways with the new beta S+ structures. With the S+ mod, it's actually possible to fully invert a ceiling tile. You need to fix that before it reaches live. I'm guessing that just about every issue that exist with S+ will also be found in this beta.

One of the things that I would like to see make it's way to official is the corner snap points on ceiling and foundations for pillars. Right now, you have to use fence foundations to achieve this effect. You don't have to do that with S+. It's just a small quality of life improvement. The extra wall snap that the fence foundation adds can really create a lot of trouble for the rest of the build if you mistakenly snap to it.

Stackable foundations really need to be a thing. I'm building on the island right now, and other then the pillar and a few beaches, there are very few areas of flat land to be had anywhere. Even the beaches which do look flat often have just enough land deformation that you are forced to compromise. You end up having to build on pillars in quite a few areas. Since you can't clip walls into the terrain, it tends to leave an ugly gap at the bottom. There's nothing more frustrating then having a vision in your mind of what you want to build and being unable to realize it. Stackable foundations would resolve this issue once and for all.

Ramps and stairs... Why 2 different engrams? Why? A single engram with the option to switch style works well enough.

Fence Supports... They are proving to be a pain to work with. The snap that I'm most likely to use as a player is the one which is at a 180 angle and that should be the first one shown. It's not. Also, they are proving to be easily as bad to work with as foundations in any terrain which is even slightly uneven. They very much feel like they were made to work in an environment where no-clip is enabled. Regular fence foundations are better behaved then those things. They actually snap uphill although the wall would be uneven, but that's something that can actually be corrected with a little know-how. As it is, fence supports don't feel all that useful. Can't we just get a foundation wall for this purpose? That would be the most likely use of Fence support. I think that's the better option to achieve the desired effect without having to activate no-clip and without ending up with unsightly gaps.

Other quick comments... Half Walls need to be a thing. Railings on a stair feel really odd right now. Could you make it like the S plus railing where it actually angles properly if snapped to a ramp? Storages boxes and other related items should be made to snap to each other much like in S plus. It would make placement so much easier.

Also, while you are working with structures, can you please fix the unsightly gap between the Sloped Wood Wall Left and Sloped Wood Wall Right? I noticed that one almost as soon as I picked up the game and it's been an eyesore ever since.

since the latest update to 782.13 xbox one version, i have noticed myself getting stuck on the foundations edges not sure if it happening to anyone else, just that it has been happening to me since the update.

the only way to get out of this is to fly mode or ghost mode out, this happens on both pre patch placed and post placed patch edge foundations (not on the central foundations).

2 hours ago, leebeastkleeiller said:

since the latest update to 782.13 xbox one version, i have noticed myself getting stuck on the foundations edges not sure if it happening to anyone else, just that it has been happening to me since the update.

the only way to get out of this is to fly mode or ghost mode out, this happens on both pre patch placed and post placed patch edge foundations (not on the central foundations).

Been happening to me on PC about 85% of the time when trying to go down the stairs/ramps or just off the foundations themselves and I am seriously tired of having to fly/ghost off them as otherwise it takes 5-10 minutes of being stuck before my character unsticks herself, and during that time having to listen to the stuck sound gets annoying VERY quickly XD

The sloped roofs will not snap to the top of a wall. This wasn't a problem before, with vanilla ARK, since you were (presumably) going to have a sloped wall piece at the end for it to snap on to. With the addition of S+ triangles, though, it's possible to make a round shape with no end walls. The S+ sloped roofs would snap to the top of the walls, allowing you to make a dome structure. Not so with the vanilla ones. They seem to still expect to only snap sideways onto a wall.

Additionally, I'd really love to see another snap point added to the top end of those sloped roofs. Even in S+, in order to complete the dome, I would need six flat triangle pieces in the center, and they wouldn't snap to the square sloped pieces. I'd have to have a pillar in the center of my bungalow for them to attach to.

Please also ensure that the new building types are added to beacon loot tables and the like. I'm sure the tek tier will, by necessity, be added to the bosses, but don't forget about the rest. Integrate them. It always bugs the hell out of me when additions to a game aren't given the full treatment, made to look like they had always been there.

i3P7y9K.jpg

Z6QV58y.jpg

I played a bit more with foundations today. I think it's already been said but, you really need to adjust the snap point for regular foundations. With triangle foundations, when placing a ceiling, it snaps flush, at the same height. With regular square foundations, the ceiling places slightly above. There's no practical reason for this height difference, and when mixing triangle and square foundations, the difference would end up being a visible eyesore.

While you are at it, the snap point for pillars also needs to be adjusted. It has always annoyed me how the pillars shows up through ceilings which are snapped on top of pillars. An adjustment of a single unit should be all it takes to fix that issue.

I'll also note that the S+ variant of pillars wasn't included in the beta. I don't really like the way the texture tiles on those, but i'm otherwise quite partial to S+ pillars since they are exactly one wall in height. That makes them very convenient.

20190207104506_1.jpg

Notice how the default foundations aren't as high as the block version. As you can see, here, I snapped a foundation slightly over the edge of a cliff which leaves a gap under it. I think the height of the default foundation should be adjusted. Assuming that the block version is exactly like the S+ version, it should be exactly one wall high. And please, let them stack like the S+ do. It would help a lot with uneven terrain. If you must, impose a limit, 2 or 3 high enough for most cases.20190208105525_1.thumb.jpg.b421f5a5a21672fd6ef53346a2a7d2a9.jpg

1 hour ago, Dolphinsong said:

Finally snagged a shot of being stuck while trying to step down off of a foundation. So far, it seems all foundations causes this roughly 50% of the time. It can take several minutes before the character gets unstuck, unless one uses ghost or fly command to get off it.

Stuck on foundation

That bug isn't specific to the beta version. I also get it quite a lot on the live version.

11 hours ago, Dolphinsong said:

Didn't have any issues with this in single player till beta came out, hence why i mentioned it

It also happens with rocks, trees and a whole host of other random things, but you are right about one thing. I was several months without playing Ark before the new year. I did find ways of getting stuck back during the summer, but it wasn't anywhere near as frequent as it has become nowadays. Getting stuck back then was more a case of I've managed to find that one hole in the decor which is just too deep for me to be able to get out of it without killing myself or using the fly / ghost commands. It's definitely a bug which was introduced in one of the more recent patches, but it's definitely not beta specific.

Anyhow, for the time being, I've reverted back to the vanilla version because the beta version just doesn't play nice with the S+ mod. There's a number of S+ structures which haven't been implemented into the beta which I just can't do without. I really hope that when the beta goes live, it doesn't completly break S+ Right now, the S+ structures from the mod itself don't have any snap points in the beta. Also, I've noticed that I'll end up with several copies of the engrams in my list. There's obviously something very wrong going on here. It's somewhat sad, because I'm happy to see those S+ structures coming to live, but there are plenty of S+ features which I use a lot and would hate to see go, such as the ability to pull the stuff I need to craft. Past a certain point, you just start having so much stuff that sorting your inventory and moving your stuff around starts to consume more and more of your time, thus reducing the amount of time that you spend actually playing the game. Even a small base can easily have a cost that will soar in the tens of thousands of basic materials. Things can get seriously out of hand really quickly. This is a game, not an inventory management system and I want to spend my time discovering the map, hunting dinos, and building things.

I've been doing some thinking about the HP of triangle foundations. I beleive they should have the same amount as square foundations for a simple reason. In PvP, the lower HP of triangle foundations would make them undesirable. What you would essentially be doing, is adding a construction piece to the game which encourages creativity and then creating a situation where it would, for the most part, only be used in PvE. The same is valid for all other triangle pieces. That just doesn't feel right.

As for tall walls, I'm not sure that they should make it to live. The lowered HP does create a tradeoff situation in PVP where taking down that wall creates a bigger hole, but it still has more HP then a regular wall. However, it also has an impact on other things, such as platform saddles where you would be able to create structures which were unimaginable before the inclusion of S+ in the game. They definitely have a far larger impact on balance then triangles do.

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 3:19 AM, Skittle said:

You can't sorry

So, console basically gets a "screw you" when pc has the option of mods that already support s+? Why not test it out on console as well so that your console community can tell you what's broken for them as well since pc and console apparently don't experience the same issues? Console has been waiting for 2 years now since wildcards announcement about s+ coming to consoles (all of us console players screen shotted that before it was removed by the way, nice try at hiding that). Also, when are you going to be fixing the absolute garbage lag found on every map on console? Extinction is getting super laggy since last update, lag when someone joins (usually over and over because it causes lag and connection issues causing you to lag out again) and every 6 minutes there's 30-45 seconds of lag for no reason at all and that's on an xbox one x. Seems as though wildcard wants to cater more towards pc and pvp console more than pve as well....been noticing in our trading groups on Facebook people complaining of losing 70+ dinosaur overnight to nothing and nothing in tribe log, losing characters again, amongst other things.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived