Structure Plus Beta Feedback

Jen

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Wildcard QA
On 1/14/2019 at 1:37 PM, Fresonis said:

I made a video with my testings, bug/glitch findings and improvement suggestions. 
Some of the things are already mentioned and others not. Good luck with making it even better! :)

Excellent video! Thank you for putting this together.

The glitches I've encountered so far seem to have been mentioned by other players so I won't waste words on that.  I do have some non-glitch feedback to offer, and that is that using ammonite bile for the dedicated storage is a poor decision.  The materials to make that should be hard to obtain, but still available on all maps, as was the leech blood that was originally used in the S+ version of the storage.  It should be reverted to this, or another equivalently rare material for people to obtain to make this device.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:00 PM, Caerbannog said:

I respectfully disagree. I build a lot and it still enrage me if I have to hold E to pick up a misplaced item. 

If I place a bunch of test structures to see if I like them, being forced to hold E will drastically reduce the amount of structures I can pick up before the timer ends.

If you're having trouble accidentally demoing stuff by picking up structures, build more slowly and pay attention.

I'm not trying to be mean--trust me, I've accidentally demolished MANY cliff platforms when building with fence foundations by not paying attention, so I know how much it sucks. But forcing a hold timer on picking up structures partially defeats the usefulness of the option.

I agree for what you're describing, but I believe you don't consider what happens when you set the option to always allow pickup. I wrote about it in a comment to the first post (quoting as the direct link to the comment kept linking another comment):

One thing I'm wondering about - if we use the AlwaysAllowStructurePickup option set to true, will that mean that you always pick up structures by pressing the Use key when looking at them (that's what I assume "quick pickup" means) - so that we're at a risk of picking up structures when trying to pick up/use something close to them?

Use Case: I have Dimetrodons on a stone foundation and try to pick up their eggs - that's not always easy and sometimes I have to look away a bit to get the pickup - if I miss, will I risk picking up the stone foundation?

Use Case 2: I have a flyer parked right next to a wall and run to it quickly to jump on and fly away - will I risk picking up the wall if I aim a bit wrong before pressing the Use key?

Edit: I realised now that you already answered this. A middle way could be, as @iliassuggested, a separate key bind. We are running out of keys so combination key binds would be amazing. Imho I'd love for the left Ctrl key to be removed as bindable and instead  be used in combination with all other keys to allow a whole extra set of keys to bind. Like E to Use, Ctrl+E to pickup.

39 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

Edit: I realised now that you already answered this. A middle way could be, as @iliassuggested, a separate key bind. We are running out of keys so combination key binds would be amazing. Imho I'd love for the left Ctrl key to be removed as bindable and instead  be used in combination with all other keys to allow a whole extra set of keys to bind. Like E to Use, Ctrl+E to pickup.

Don't forget the case when you pickup poop from your Phiomia's butt. :P
You spam E blindly! Imagine if your base is built on Ceilings, on the edge
of a mountain!

No fixed keys, please! All keys have to be configurable.
I have Ctrl key for Crouch (I don't like C).

You can edit all the key bindings in the file Input.ini
There, you can easily set combinations with Shift, Ctrl, Alt.
I have set the whistle "all follow" to Shift+J, because simple J is too dangerous in big bases. ;)

So... after so many reports about the quick pickup thing, I hope WC will do something that make all of us happy!

14 minutes ago, ilias said:

Don't forget the case when you pickup poop from your Phiomia's butt. :P
You spam E blindly! Imagine if your base is built on Ceilings, on the edge
of a mountain!

No fixed keys, please! All keys have to be configurable.
I have Ctrl key for Crouch (I don't like C).

You can edit all the key bindings in the file Input.ini
There, you can easily set combinations with Shift, Ctrl, Alt.
 I have set the whistle "all follow" to Shift+J, because simple J is too dangerous in big bases. ;)

So... after so many reports about the quick pickup thing, I hope WC will do something that make all of us happy!

Wow, didn't know I could edit Input.ini to get combinations! Thanks :D

I would still prefer it to be configurable from in game, but I see your point and if I can do it at all, that's good enough! And if you want to keep the possibility to bind a key, like Ctrl, as well as using it in a combination, the fix is suddenly quite complex. Maybe having two "sheets" of key binds where the second sheet is for combinations and where you can bind which key is the "combination key"? ?

I hear ya about J! ? I bound it to middle mouse button so that I don't accidentally press it in the base and I told the friends I play with to unbind it from J as well :P

However, all of this still requires actions to be split up from "Use" so that we can bind them separately.

On 1/12/2019 at 4:37 AM, Kruemel said:

is ammonite bile for the tek storage intended?  If so, why lock this structure behind Island/Center/Rag?

On Se, Ab and Ex are no ammonite.

best regards

To my understanding, this is the crafting recipe straight from S+ its self.

Most of the tek tier recipes in the mod are increasingly hard to obtain because the mod author believes in a challenge, I guess.

The Stone Double Doorway seem to clip slightly off the edge of the stone foundations, slightly lower as well instead of clipping like the standard doorway. making the double doors sink into the flooring slightly.

Double Door Issue Pic

Also, this only started occurring in the beta but at times I would randomly get stuck in a floating position on the edges of small rocks and even edges of foundations for zero reason, forcing me to ghost and then walk again to get unstuck. This has never occurred prior to switching to beta. Am playing single player Ragnarok map.

I know this is for S+ while your messing with realigning piece’s that don’t fit well together can you fix tek behemoth gate so the door align’s with the frame so the door doesn’t hang lower. As seen in picture the the frame built on ceilings but the door isn’t level. Thanks in advanced and keep up the great work ?

903C9308-199F-4968-B892-496BFAFD1A3F.jpeg

On 1/15/2019 at 6:38 AM, ilias said:

@Jen @Seggzy @Skittle

Hey there!
I would really appreciate it, if you let us know your thoughts about our bug reports / suggestions.
Don't keep them to yourself. Let us know about the progress of this project.
Post some Patch Notes (current & future).
Also, tell us what things you're not willing to change, so we stop posting about them.

In a few words, help us to help you!

A list of "planned hot fixes/ issues we are aware of" would be amazing. If folks know you're working on the Door issue then we wont post it and look fore more things. 

On 1/12/2019 at 10:33 AM, DamanWeylin said:

Not a bug, but for dedicated storage, can we get the icon and count displayed on top, see attached image for example of some creative building with dedicated storage.

346110_20190112103119_1.png

This could be very cool. 

I really like the Toggle models/texture options. Solid block versus traditional foundation. Would be really good if we could do that on the triangle pieces. Keep the look the same through out the builds.  

Stone walls could toggle the wooden supports or not. 

Probably said earlier (again the first point of my comment) but just have one engram that's stairs or ramp that we can switch between.  

Just noticed a movement issue when moving off of the Wooden Foundation (block variant) and onto the Wooden Stairs (the ramp styled stairs). Whenever i move down them off the foundation my character would get stuck at the top and for awhile keep making the sound of jumping onto wood every couple of seconds, like i'm playing drums on wood or something. Takes over a minute before the character will stop being stuck on their own. Happens every time so far.

Only tested in SP so don't know if unofficial servers will have the same problem but; if you place any of the integrated S+ structures, next time you start your save with the S+ mod installed all integrated S+ structures will change to modded S+ structures. And side note: all modded S+ structures don't have snap points when on the beta build.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived