Structure Plus Beta Feedback

Jen

41 minutes ago, Darlingfreaks said:

If you are attempting to test and find bugs on the beta, then you do so in single player....if you want to go back to live official servers you need to go back into arks  properties and opt out of betas. Let it download then you're ready to play live

ok ty, im doing it and have to download 6.7 gb again dont like it at all they should be more clear with the situation i lost too much time and probabñy loose some dinos while dounloading 6.7 gbs 2 times. to play. hope it works.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they would add in glass tier because I don't like having my window smash by some dilo 

anyway  to get glass tier I was thinking that you had to learn metal and greenhouse structures allowing you to learn the glass tier for free or it will cost a small amount of your points (idk up to wildcard if they add glass tier)

(WILDCARD IF READING PLEASE MAY YOU ADD PLATFROM PLUS AFTER THIS UPDATE OR SOONER AS I REALLY LIKE BUILDING ON PLATFORMS  BUT SADLY IT A CHALLENGE TO MAKE THE WHOLE BULDING NOT LOOKING LIKE A BANANA) 

Anyway thank you for listening 

On 1/12/2019 at 11:37 AM, ilias said:

Do NOT allow to pickup structures by simply pressing E.
It is VERY dangerous! Especially if AlwaysAllowStructurePickup is True.
To pickup anything, we should have to HOLD E, hover over the "Pick Up" option and WAIT for one second. Exactly the same as the Demolish option

I respectfully disagree. I build a lot and it still enrage me if I have to hold E to pick up a misplaced item. 

If I place a bunch of test structures to see if I like them, being forced to hold E will drastically reduce the amount of structures I can pick up before the timer ends.

If you're having trouble accidentally demoing stuff by picking up structures, build more slowly and pay attention.

I'm not trying to be mean--trust me, I've accidentally demolished MANY cliff platforms when building with fence foundations by not paying attention, so I know how much it sucks. But forcing a hold timer on picking up structures partially defeats the usefulness of the option.

On 1/12/2019 at 7:37 PM, ilias said:

Do NOT allow to pickup structures by simply pressing E.
It is VERY dangerous! Especially if AlwaysAllowStructurePickup is True.
To pickup anything, we should have to HOLD E, hover over the "Pick Up" option and WAIT for one second. Exactly the same as the Demolish option.

3 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

I respectfully disagree. I build a lot and it still enrage me if I have to hold E to pick up a misplaced item. 

If I place a bunch of test structures to see if I like them, being forced to hold E will drastically reduce the amount of structures I can pick up before the timer ends.

OK. But, if on my server I have AlwaysAllowStructurePickup=True, it's a daily risk.
Even when I try to pickup my Dodo/Monkey/Beetle/etc, I'm at a risk of demolishing a Foundation.
When I try to pickup feces from my Phiomia, or eggs from my Dodos, there is a risk of demolishing a Foundation.
I have to fear every time I open my door, because I might demolish the doorframe.

Quick pickup is good. I agree. I like it. But, not forever! Only for a certain time.

A demo gun (or something similar) would be perfect! Just click and pickup as fast as you want.

Or, bind the pickup to the O (drop) key (like Builder's helmet).

12 minutes ago, ilias said:

OK. But, if on my server I have AlwaysAllowStructurePickup=True, it's a daily risk.
Even when I try to pickup my Dodo/Monkey/Beetle/etc, I'm at a risk of demolishing a Foundation.
I have to fear every time I open my door, because I might demolish the doorframe.

Quick pickup is good. I agree. I like it. But, not forever! Only for a certain time.

A demo gun (or something similar) would be perfect! Just click and pickup as fast as you want.

I would recommend if the players has AlwaysAllowStructurePickup=True then the timer allows for quick pickup for the duration of the timer, but the player has to open the menu and hold E (Similar to Demolish) after the timer expires.

3 hours ago, ilias said:

When I try to pickup feces from my Phiomia, or eggs from my Dodos, there is a risk of demolishing a Foundation.

Oh I completely misunderstood. I'm sorry! I'm on officials with the 30s timer. Yeah, I can totally see how that could be really dangerous and equally rage inducing.

A separate keybinding sounds like a great solution.

On 1/12/2019 at 9:44 AM, Darlingfreaks said:

I dont like that you place the fence posts from the side like this because of the example from the photo, if something is in the way of your character you couldnt get the fence posts flush up against the wall or whatever.  20190112114207_1.jpg?width=400&height=22

1:  I would prefer to see, by default, both fence posts facing me.

2:  also, by default, when you snap a fence post to another fence post... the first snap point should be parallel.   I find when I place a fence post it wants to snap on a 45 degree angle to the one already placed.   I'm constantly cycling through the snap points until I can get it parallel.

4 hours ago, Cyclops said:

2:  also, by default, when you snap a fence post to another fence post... the first snap point should be parallel.   I find when I place a fence post it wants to snap on a 45 degree angle to the one already placed.   I'm constantly cycling through the snap points until I can get it parallel.

When you're placing a Fence Support, you can press G to lock only straight snap point.
Press G again, to lock to 45 degree. Press again to lock to 90 degree, and so on...

@Jen @Seggzy @Skittle

Hey there!
I would really appreciate it, if you let us know your thoughts about our bug reports / suggestions.
Don't keep them to yourself. Let us know about the progress of this project.
Post some Patch Notes (current & future).
Also, tell us what things you're not willing to change, so we stop posting about them.

In a few words, help us to help you!

14 hours ago, ilias said:

This is great feedback, In SP when you go into creative mode thier is a demo rifle of sorts, it also can teleport,inspect and destroy so the coding is their, the devs would just need to implement it into the main game

17 hours ago, Fresonis said:

I made a video with my testings, bug/glitch findings and improvement suggestions. 
Some of the things are already mentioned and others not. Good luck with making it even better! :)

perfect feed back!

Why not do this guy sorry i know its not here but you know.. haha https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/399633-new-item-the-bunker/ for BETA S+ maybe its the time to add new item, this from this topic, or other items! :)

I have a suggestion (since a couple of years ago).

Add a structure similar to "S+ Crafting Table" (Name it whatever you want).
Let us craft inside it everything that can be crafted in a player's inventory.
eg: Stone tools, Thatch/Wood/Stone structures, Bow, Arrows, Cloth/Hide/Ghillie armor, etc.
It would be very useful, when building Stone structures.

It would be greatly appreciated if instead of pressing E on any non-inventory or non-door structure didn't pick it up as it's primary function. You don't necessarily have to add a timer, but if you made it to where you have to hold E, and then pick up, it would make it so people wouldn't be picking up foundations and doorframes and whatever else accidentally.

17 hours ago, ilias said:

Maybe there should be an option to set the preference in the settings menu.

We rolled the dice and are running the beta on our entire JavaCorp server cluster.   Figure its not touching the base files, worst that could happen is a component of S+ gets implemented differently and disappears next patch, everything else be fine.

I haven't had much time to test but so far I noticed the issue with double doors, not only do they only open one way as another user mentioned, but if you are too close they will pull you through to the other side.  So if you have them opening out, and you rush inside and close behind you to prevent a rogue dilo attack, you will get "phased" through the doors to the outside.  Of course there are worse things that have been in the game forever, like the dang hatch doors shoving you off the side of a ladder onto an invisible ladder but I digress.

Also when I go to build the fence supports, they always seem to come out perpendicular to me instead of parallel, so I can only see their edge, it looks like a stake in the ground instead of two supports, this seems pretty ridiculous.

hi we got the beta stuff installed  first issue the double doors don't auto open I liked this feature you don't seem to be doing this.  other issue the electrical flexible pipe isn't in the smithy when u learnt the engrams all other stuff is in the fabricator why isn't the flexible one in the fabricator as the others are?  I like the triangles etc but to be honest I play Conan so they are nothing new.  also if I reinstalled the structure plus mod will it have issues with the beta ur trying to do as I will wait to see what else is happening otherwise sorry I not replying to the thread I still learning how to use forums ;)

13 hours ago, TheRaptorDude said:

How can I activate this beta for my private Server? Me and a friend would love to try this out, but we both have no idea how to enable the beta. Pls help!

go to steam>ark evolved>right click on it chose properties then go to betas> then where is says none chose the second option on the drop down bar. then wait for it to download it took me and my bloke approx. 30 to do it on our pc and internet connection hope this helps

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived