Structure Plus Beta Feedback

Jen

• Wildcard QA
17 minutes ago, DamanWeylin said:

Test Results

Attached video showing some issues I ran into.

Awesome video! Really appreciate that. Some known some not, so thanks!

6 minutes ago, Darlingfreaks said:

Double door problems....they only open 1 direction being inwards and secondly every door can be picked long after the 30 pick up timer 

Nice find! Thank You!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do NOT allow to pickup structures by simply pressing E.
It is VERY dangerous! Especially if AlwaysAllowStructurePickup is True.
To pickup anything, we should have to HOLD E, hover over the "Pick Up" option and WAIT for one second. Exactly the same as the Demolish option.

Placing a "Stone Stairs" sounds like placing a metal structure.
Please, fix the sound effect, to sound like a stone structure.
PS. The same bug exists on S+ mod, too. But, Orionsun doesn't care.

Triangle Foundations don't always snap at the same height:
(image)

I have the solution for you:
Do not allow Triangle Foundations to snap side by side:
(image)

Some wooden structures are named "Wood ..." and some are named "Wooden ...".
PLEASE!!! Make a decision and name them either all "Wood" or all "Wooden".

The following structures, when placed appear as "Floor", instead of "Foundation":
- Thatch Foundation
- Wooden Foundation
- Metal Foundation
- Tek Foundation
(image)

Stone Foundation and Adobe Foundation appear correctly!

Some new structures are not in the "Structures" folder, when looking at the "Crafting" tab.
(image)

When you fix all of the above, I will post more bugs.

Thanks for reading.

I knew this would be a problem with official....simply being you have the no collision thing. In my opinion it makes these fence posts useless. oh well if you can make it look good on the top cause your gon have a big hole in the bottom defeating the purpose of a wall. I have always wished we could have no collision on official cause there is still a point it gets to that it wont allow it to accept it being obstructed but its more lenient than this. 

20190112114604_1.jpg?width=400&height=2220190112114623_1.jpg?width=400&height=22

There is a little work around for the larger gaps like above but it doesnt work on the gap to the left that is much smaller....

Snap a fence foundation to the fence posts, then place the fence post on top of the fence foundation. u get a snap point for a wall on the fence foundation and then one on the fence post. end result is pretty clean for the large gap...

20190112115603_1.jpg?width=400&height=2220190112115611_1.jpg?width=400&height=22

showing the problem on a larger scale without my work around trick...then 2nd photo is with work around. Which looks pretty clean but i dont think thats the point here. Fence posts in my opinion shouldnt need something else entirely to make them work properly. most people arent going to have that patience to try to figure it out

20190112120847_1.jpg?width=400&height=2220190112121322_1.jpg?width=400&height=22

I dont know what you could do about it but finding snap points with the ridiculous amount of options on the fences posts is a thing nightmares are made of

***Purdy please can we have greenhouse walls work with the fence posts. they simply will not snap in them. its on me if i chose to have a squishy, but beautiful, glass wall around my base. I also cant see where letting them be placed in these would be a problem

• Wildcard QA
8 minutes ago, irishstorm said:

i cant remember tbh not really helpful i know, i tried to replicate but couldn't, i just wanted to show that it could be done

Okie I will play around with it see if i get lucky since i got to find a repo for it now. 
If you happend to remember what you did or if you manged to get it to happen again let me know :) 

On 1/12/2019 at 4:58 PM, Darlingfreaks said:

Mine allowed me to place. i have no clipping on though so that might effect it. I should turn that off for official settings testing....

Turned it off came back and it still let me snap. im using metal foundations for my test 

20190112095404_1.jpg?width=400&height=22

I was using TEK. Maybe thats the difference

Triangle Ceilings snap higher on normal Foundations. They snap correctly on Triangle Foundations.
sp1.thumb.jpg.c84fc6cc812d043f47fc09cc59af58ce.jpgsp2.thumb.jpg.4d40683a359fdc7090f2b29cd112a4ce.jpg

(already mentioned, but...) normal Ceilings don't snap correctly on Triangle Foundations:
sp3.thumb.jpg.d68e4ad4297a10ac405e4320a401e728.jpg

Also... when placing a Tek Triangle Foundation, it sounds like Metal.

I didn't get a reply to my previous post. If you (WC) have any questions, please ask me. I'm here to help you fix all the bugs!

15 minutes ago, ilias said:

Triangle Ceilings snap higher on normal Foundations. They snap correctly on Triangle Foundations.
sp1.thumb.jpg.c84fc6cc812d043f47fc09cc59af58ce.jpgsp2.thumb.jpg.4d40683a359fdc7090f2b29cd112a4ce.jpg

(already mentioned, but...) normal Ceilings don't snap correctly on Triangle Foundations:
sp3.thumb.jpg.d68e4ad4297a10ac405e4320a401e728.jpg

Also... when placing a Tek Triangle Foundation, it sounds like Metal.

I didn't get a reply to my previous post. If you (WC) have any questions, please ask me. I'm here to help you fix all the bugs!

Oh good! hard to find this bug haha

20 minutes ago, sebahefner said:

dounload the betha and now i cant find serers, trying to enter from steam i can find the serbers from steam but it dont alow me to enter what should i do? im losing imprint my and babies may died.

If you are attempting to test and find bugs on the beta, then you do so in single player....if you want to go back to live official servers you need to go back into arks  properties and opt out of betas. Let it download then you're ready to play live

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived