Base Location Ideas for Extinction

Zaydii

I'm new, playing on a private unofficial server with friends. I really like the location I picked for my first base. Other players were centered on land around the green obelisk, but I wanted a base in the sky, with easy access to resources and water. I found it almost immediately on a platform just inside the city's west side, a stone's throw from the green obelisk. It was a sort of restaurant patio setting, with water around the outside edge. I laid down a foundation and started building my sky fortress.

I've since upgraded and expanded it. Initially had to borrow an Argie to get started, but now I have a fleet of Pteras and Tapejaras, and enough land based dinos that I need to expand to a land based location soon. The giant 'bird cage' on top is a suitable landing bay for my tribes' large fliers, but it also doubles as my capture spot for some fliers. It's the perfect location for drawing in high level Tapejara's with the rare flowers. Most times I can draw a Tapejara to the capture site with two flowers, and a third for good measure once I am in the trap.  Since we have a few Wyvern's in our tribe, I can borrow one to do some captures of land dinos and drop them into the taming pen. Under the giant 'bird cage' that makes up the top of my base currently, I have a main landing bay with eight connected 'docking bay - stables' for fliers. 

20190115001736_1.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 2:49 PM, DeHammer said:

I'm new, playing on a private unofficial server with friends. I really like the location I picked for my first base. Other players were centered on land around the green obelisk, but I wanted a base in the sky, with easy access to resources and water. I found it almost immediately on a platform just inside the city's west side, a stone's throw from the green obelisk. It was a sort of restaurant patio setting, with water around the outside edge. I laid down a foundation and started building my sky fortress.

I've since upgraded and expanded it. Initially had to borrow an Argie to get started, but now I have a fleet of Pteras and Tapejaras, and enough land based dinos that I need to expand to a land based location soon. The giant 'bird cage' on top is a suitable landing bay for my tribes' large fliers, but it also doubles as my capture spot for some fliers. It's the perfect location for drawing in high level Tapejara's with the rare flowers. Most times I can draw a Tapejara to the capture site with two flowers, and a third for good measure once I am in the trap.  Since we have a few Wyvern's in our tribe, I can borrow one to do some captures of land dinos and drop them into the taming pen. Under the giant 'bird cage' that makes up the top of my base currently, I have a main landing bay with eight connected 'docking bay - stables' for fliers. 

20190115001736_1.jpg

Ok I found this location and to anyone wondering its at 46.3 34.9.

• 3 weeks later...

i suggest having a base on one of those towers, virtually impossible to raid unless u got a desert titan, flood it with turrets or velanos and u set, watch naked zombos ext series for more tips and base locations, his base is soooo op. i built in the wasteland on our unofficial server. we were the alphas that did not troll. desert and snow also good places to build

Archived