tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

Hi @vanghern, sorry for the late reply. The issue with the dinos you can't extract is most likely due to a wrong multiplier-setting of the BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier or the BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier. These settings in the tool have to match the ones on the server when the baby was born, even if the multipliers where changed in the meantime. The first Ptera can be extracted with a taming effectiveness of ~20%.

• If the imprinting-progress is corrected by the tool, one of the beforementioned multipliers is not correct for that creature, the tool always chooses the nearest possible value.
  • Is there any error-message if you drag'n'drop the settings-file on the settings-info? The cursor should change and after releasing the file it should parse the file.
  • Copying to tester / extractor without the Creature-Info: I'll fix that, thanks for noting that.
  • Wrong taming-effectiveness: can you post a screenshot with a creature where the extractor shows a wrong TE?
  • Double suggestion-window: I'll look into that.
  • Extra Tribe-field for creatures: I'll put it on the todo list.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

17 hours ago, cad said:

You can now also enable speech-recognition and by saying e.g. "Stegosaurus level 40" it will display basic taming info directly in an overlay in the game.

How exactly does this work? Just start the program, start ark, find a dino, say the command, get taming info?

How would it work on a dual monitor setup? I usually have ark in my main window and the breeder program open on the 2ns monitor.

6 hours ago, MoogleMan3 said:

How exactly does this work? Just start the program, start ark, find a dino, say the command, get taming info?

How would it work on a dual monitor setup? I usually have ark in my main window and the breeder program open on the 2ns monitor.

Hi, I haven't tested this with a multi-screen-setup. The idea is to enable the overlay (the button is on the top-right in the tool, after you enabled the OCR). If the microphone-icon (also in the top-right) is red, it's listening to species-names, and if it recognizes one (you have to use the names that the tool uses, e.g. Triceratops, not Trike) and you also say a level-number (e.g. "Triceratops 40"), it'll show the info on the top right in the game.

With multiple monitors it probably also will work if you don't enable the overlay, but just go to the taming-tab in the tool and then tell the tool the species and level.

7 hours ago, Bossmob said:

#push

Any idea?

Sorry for not replying sooner. It's a known issue, I haven't been able to reproduce yet. It seems the mechanism of the tool of taking a screenshot does not always use the set resolution. Is your native resolution of the monitor different to 1920 x 1080? Some user reported that taking a manual screenshot with steam (pressing F12) produces a screenshot in the correct resolution (1920x1080), which can be used in the tool by drag&drop it on the extractor-tab.

12 hours ago, cad said:

Sorry for not replying sooner. It's a known issue, I haven't been able to reproduce yet. It seems the mechanism of the tool of taking a screenshot does not always use the set resolution. Is your native resolution of the monitor different to 1920 x 1080? Some user reported that taking a manual screenshot with steam (pressing F12) produces a screenshot in the correct resolution (1920x1080), which can be used in the tool by drag&drop it on the extractor-tab.

Yes, 1920x1080 is my desktop resolution and I use it in every game, too. I will try the manual screenshot method later on today, thanks.

7 hours ago, yinzer said:

I love this app, great work! I'm sure its totally obvious, but the new patch broke the OCR ;) On the plus size, the new stats layout appears a bit more prone to OCR detection, with larger block letters, so here's to hoping for some improved accuracy! 

Yes, I hope the new design will improve the recognition. I'm working on an update.

On 3/26/2017 at 2:46 PM, cad said:

New Update with raising-tab. It lists all your Eggs / Gestations and Babies with according timers and needed food.

You can now also enable speech-recognition and by saying e.g. "Stegosaurus level 40" it will display basic taming info directly in an overlay in the game.

Can you have something in the GUI that allows you to put in the Server's adjusted Taming/Breeding/etc. modifiers (i.e. server has 5x taming speed).

17 hours ago, Talamar1 said:

Didn't read Health Stat correctly:

Can you have something in the GUI that allows you to put in the Server's adjusted Taming/Breeding/etc. modifiers (i.e. server has 5x taming speed).

The OCR is not always correct, in some cases you have to correct it manually. It's a complex process.

You can adjust the multipliers in the settings.

4 hours ago, CCLai said:

When will the new update release ? (for this app)

Which update do you mean, or which feature do you expect to be released?

2 hours ago, cametal said:

Is the extractor a little glitched? It´s not showing up the "grown in" information no more. 

The new inventory doesn't show any info about the current maturing-progress anymore (before it could be calculated by using the weight of the baby). The percentage is shown outside the inventory if you look on a creature, so you can use that percentage to manually calculate the growing time.

@cad any know issues with calculating tamed equus? 2 of the 4 I tamed would not extract even directly after taming (with no domestic levels).

second, I can't extract values from in game UI on a dino. Game open in first screen and program open in second. known issue? to be honest I only tried about twice a while ago. will give it another go later tonight.

53 minutes ago, ncola7 said:

@cad any know issues with calculating tamed equus? 2 of the 4 I tamed would not extract even directly after taming (with no domestic levels).

second, I can't extract values from in game UI on a dino. Game open in first screen and program open in second. known issue? to be honest I only tried about twice a while ago. will give it another go later tonight.

Hi, I haven't personally tried the equus, so there might be errors. Make sure all the multipliers are set correctly if you're on an unofficial server.

The OCR-feature has issues when used with multiple monitors, I'm not sure how to solve that, currently I've no multi-screen-setup.

45 minutes ago, cad said:

Hi, I haven't personally tried the equus, so there might be errors. Make sure all the multipliers are set correctly if you're on an unofficial server.

The OCR-feature has issues when used with multiple monitors, I'm not sure how to solve that, currently I've no multi-screen-setup.

ah ok thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to extract an Ankylo at the moment and there a few things going on with the Extraction that are a little funky.

1. It's as though it's completely skipping the Health Value
    1. Puts the Stamina Value into Health
    2. Oxygen into Stamina
    3. Oxygen is set to 0
  2. The extractor still doesn't seem to like handling multiples of 0
    1. Ankylo has 6900 Food value in-game; Extractor wants to extract instead 677
  3. Even when all values are correct for the Ankylo, the Extractor still cannot distribute levels properly among it. Food, DMG, Speed and Torpor are all marked red; even though this is marked as "Wild" or "Wild-Creature Check".

I am on an UnOfficial server I run, but the only thing that is changed for Dinos is a taming speed multiplier has been increased.

Also it wants to name Ankylo to "AnL7Io". Haha!

@cad can you help me understand how the breeding plan works? how to use it?

It seems like it's showing you the best pair to breed but is that as far as it goes? Is the intent to breed that pair, see the offspring, add it to the library and then see what the plan tab says is the best pair now?

In a perfect world I imagine it being almost like a tree, showing you what stat you're trying to breed together and what each generation dino would look like. eventually showing you what your perfect dino would be and how many generations it'll take.

I haven't really thought of the logistics or if it's realistic but would be cool imo.

30 minutes ago, Zera said:

I'm trying to extract an Ankylo at the moment and there a few things going on with the Extraction that are a little funky.

1. It's as though it's completely skipping the Health Value
    1. Puts the Stamina Value into Health
    2. Oxygen into Stamina
    3. Oxygen is set to 0
  2. The extractor still doesn't seem to like handling multiples of 0
    1. Ankylo has 6900 Food value in-game; Extractor wants to extract instead 677
  3. Even when all values are correct for the Ankylo, the Extractor still cannot distribute levels properly among it. Food, DMG, Speed and Torpor are all marked red; even though this is marked as "Wild" or "Wild-Creature Check".

I am on an UnOfficial server I run, but the only thing that is changed for Dinos is a taming speed multiplier has been increased.

Also it wants to name Ankylo to "AnL7Io". Haha!

Hi, can you post a screenshot of that anky that causes the tool to skip the HP? Did you make sure the selected species was correct?

17 minutes ago, ncola7 said:

@cad can you help me understand how the breeding plan works? how to use it?

It seems like it's showing you the best pair to breed but is that as far as it goes? Is the intent to breed that pair, see the offspring, add it to the library and then see what the plan tab says is the best pair now?

In a perfect world I imagine it being almost like a tree, showing you what stat you're trying to breed together and what each generation dino would look like. eventually showing you what your perfect dino would be and how many generations it'll take.

I haven't really thought of the logistics or if it's realistic but would be cool imo.

Hi, yes, basically that's how it works. The breeding plan works in slightly different ways, depending on the mode you've chosen (Top stats conservative, Top stats lucky and High stats in next gen). For getting a creature that has only the best possible stats, the first breeding-mode is the best in most cases. It does taking into account which stat-combinations are not yet in your library and are probably the ones you want. But it does only check this for the next generation. You're right, an optimal breeding-planner would consider all possibilities until the generation a perfect offspring could be born, and this is an extremely complex process, the possiblities are growing exponential. Each creature pair has up to 2^7 = 128 possible offsprings, so after 7 generations 2^7^7 = 562949953421312 creatures and all the possiblity to get to them would have to be considered. Probably an interesting mathematical problem, and I'm sure that could be simplified a lot. Currently it's not on the todo-list to enhance the suggestions. In the end you get one baby, and all the probabilities doesn't matter anymore once you got it, the suggestions are there to make sure you breed the pair that has the highest probability of getting a nice offspring.

In some cases the breeding planner does suggest something obviously sub-optimal, so don't hesitate to ignore the order. In most cases though the top-suggestions are correct.

If you have a good idea on how to predict good pairings that are not yet included, feel free to let me know. If you're a bit in programming, have a look at the algorithm that determines the best pairs here: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/blob/master/ARKBreedingStats/BreedingPlan.cs#L142