tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

HI,

I have just come back to ark after a long break and started using this awesome app again, so thanks for the continued development.

I am having a couple of issues though.

1. OCR: Just doesn't want to work for me. (Always worked perfect with the old UI) I have a triple screen setup (nvidia surround) and am running the game in windowed mode 1920x1080. I have tried fiddling with the settings but nothing seems to help.(all the label boxes look good)
  2. We are using the Classic Flyers mod and I seem to have issues extracting some flyers.(the app is using the correct json file). I do have a custom multiplier for the quetz speed (QuetzSpeedMultiplier=1.5) which is probably why the quetz extraction doesn't work, but I also seem to have issues with Pteras.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Les

23 hours ago, Pointy said:

Update on my issues...

Newly tamed Pteras re extracting perfectly, pre- levelled ones are not. (speed stat red). I am guessing that the json file for Classic Flyers need updating.

Changing the Pteras speed value in the classic flyers json file to  0.018518 has fixed the above issue and the OCR seems to be working after reloading the ocr config (maybe the program got confused because I had multiple copies?)

Need to do some more more testing on other species but I did notice that griffins were not working for me.

On 5.7.2017 at 7:42 PM, LoCTesla said:

Thank you! It worked on 2 of 3 Quetzal and Argy too. But as you can see I have another Quetz which doesnt want to join the breeding fun.

Edit: Problems with most Agys and Pteras (new breeded Argy was ok), Rex, Sabertooth etc works fine.

May you help me again, please?

Hi @LoCTesla, currently the classicFlyers mod has some weird numbers for the speed-levels, probably because the core-game changed some things. I adjusted the numbers in the current release (v0.23.11), but your case doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's because there are too many levels in speed so that the rounding-errors are too large. Another thing you could do is to level up speed once again, maybe the number has to be recalculated.

On 10.7.2017 at 4:08 AM, QcStorm said:

Having problems extracting stats from Procoptodon, alongside wyverns. Will do further testing soon, but tried a few times and reviewed my numbers with no avail.

Hi @QcStorm, procoptodons have issues with their stats after taming, the displayed numbers in the game are wrong. Maybe they will be corrected after some time, you can give it a try, but it could be they are still broken.

On 7.7.2017 at 11:03 AM, Pointy said:

HI,

I have just come back to ark after a long break and started using this awesome app again, so thanks for the continued development.

I am having a couple of issues though.

1. OCR: Just doesn't want to work for me. (Always worked perfect with the old UI) I have a triple screen setup (nvidia surround) and am running the game in windowed mode 1920x1080. I have tried fiddling with the settings but nothing seems to help.(all the label boxes look good)
  2. We are using the Classic Flyers mod and I seem to have issues extracting some flyers.(the app is using the correct json file). I do have a custom multiplier for the quetz speed (QuetzSpeedMultiplier=1.5) which is probably why the quetz extraction doesn't work, but I also seem to have issues with Pteras.
On 11.7.2017 at 9:18 AM, Pointy said:

Changing the Pteras speed value in the classic flyers json file to  0.018518 has fixed the above issue and the OCR seems to be working after reloading the ocr config (maybe the program got confused because I had multiple copies?)

Need to do some more more testing on other species but I did notice that griffins were not working for me.

Hi @Pointy, thanks for the speed-value. It seems the classic flyers mod has some weird numbers, I put these numbers in the current release.

Regarding the OCR, it may work if you put the game on another screen (probably the most left one). Currently I cannot test this, as I have only one monitor. You can check which image the tool tries to read if you enable the "Enable logging and editing" in the ORC - Output - tab.

1 hour ago, DoonDoons said:

Hi i was under the impression this program will find stats of your dinos before you put any lvls into them as i have tamed a few max level dinos but didn't record stats before leveling :( i am on xbox though is it still possible if at all?  

Hi @DoonDoons, theoretically this program extracts the levels of any creature, regardless of wild, tamed or bred or the number of the levels spent. Practically, the more levels spent, the more possible level-combinations, so it can be trickier to find the correct levels.

Also keep in mind, the current version is for the current steam-version, so the xbox might be outdated (just wait for the next update on the xbox then).

Hello @cad! I recently checked some tamed mosa stats and they all gave me reds, is this a known issue? if not i'll send you screenshots of the problem http://prntscr.com/fx47d6, http://prntscr.com/fx492d

there are a couple more but i dont think thats necessary. oh btw, what does "set all to official MP, SP in the settings mean?  cheers!

Edited by hardcorebreeder

6 hours ago, hardcorebreeder said:

Hello @cad! I recently checked some tamed mosa stats and they all gave me reds, is this a known issue? if not i'll send you screenshots of the problem http://prntscr.com/fx47d6, http://prntscr.com/fx492d

there are a couple more but i dont think thats necessary. oh btw, what does "set all to official MP, SP in the settings mean?  cheers!

Hi, did you make sure all the stat-multipliers are set to the values that are used on your server? MP=Multiplayer, SP=Singleplayer, i.e. the buttons set the stat-multipliers to the default-values for these two settings. If you're on an unofficial server, you have to set the multipliers to the appropriate values of your server.

On 18/07/2017 at 6:13 PM, cad said:

Hi, did you make sure all the stat-multipliers are set to the values that are used on your server? MP=Multiplayer, SP=Singleplayer, i.e. the buttons set the stat-multipliers to the default-values for these two settings. If you're on an unofficial server, you have to set the multipliers to the appropriate values of your server.

Yeah. I am on official server and i havent messed with settings, and everything else seems fine, just mosas are not working for me

Hey so I was wondering if there was any way to have multiple people working on the same dino library with the breeding tool? for instance say me and 3 other tribe mates have our tool open. I add a new dino to the library is there a way for my other 3 tribe mates to get their library updated with the new dino I added? preferably in real time?

• Like 1

Hi @cad I just recently got more seriously into breeding, before it was a hit and miss, for fun thing we did occasionally but now starting to understand it and do it properly. I recently found ARK Smart Breeding and love it, a bit fiddly to get some of our old tames into the library but with enough fiddling seems to be good for all I've done so far.

One really quick, piddly little thing and it's not about the functionality just a nice to have really. Are there anymore of the graphical images of creatures available for this yet? I downloaded the creature images zip file from github but it's only got a few of them in it. Particularly looking for Thyla images but anymore than are present in the zip would be amazing.

Thanks for your hard work on a great tool.

11 hours ago, hardcorebreeder said:

Yeah. I am on official server and i havent messed with settings, and everything else seems fine, just mosas are not working for me

Hi @hardcorebreeder, the mosas recently got an adjustment for HP, the newest release should have the correct numbers. Click on ? -> Check for updates to get the newest version.

11 hours ago, Moonagi said:

Hey so I was wondering if there was any way to have multiple people working on the same dino library with the breeding tool? for instance say me and 3 other tribe mates have our tool open. I add a new dino to the library is there a way for my other 3 tribe mates to get their library updated with the new dino I added? preferably in real time?

Hi @Moonagi, yes it's possible, see https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/wiki/FAQ#how-can-i-share-the-list-with-my-tribe-members-and-edit-simultaneosly

4 hours ago, Antitheft2 said:

Hi @cad I just recently got more seriously into breeding, before it was a hit and miss, for fun thing we did occasionally but now starting to understand it and do it properly. I recently found ARK Smart Breeding and love it, a bit fiddly to get some of our old tames into the library but with enough fiddling seems to be good for all I've done so far.

One really quick, piddly little thing and it's not about the functionality just a nice to have really. Are there anymore of the graphical images of creatures available for this yet? I downloaded the creature images zip file from github but it's only got a few of them in it. Particularly looking for Thyla images but anymore than are present in the zip would be amazing.

Thanks for your hard work on a great tool.

Hi @Antitheft2, the creation of these images is cumbersome. I'll put the Thylacoleo on the todo-list, but can't promise a date when it's done.

• Thanks 1

I've read that before currently im using dropbox and it works but we have to manually save everytime. If we use the auto save it creates a new file with a new name after every update. Mind adding me and giving me a more thorough walk through if you're not busy? or posting here? I'm just a little confused I feel like I've almost got it right if I can just get it to update without having to click save all the time would be nice ^.^ I have about a 50 man tribe who will really appreciate it haha.

a video tutorial would be really nice too if anyone here wouldn't mind making one? I'm sure a lot of people would find it useful! =]

Edited by Moonagi

2 hours ago, Moonagi said:

I've read that before currently im using dropbox and it works but we have to manually save everytime. If we use the auto save it creates a new file with a new name after every update. Mind adding me and giving me a more thorough walk through if you're not busy? or posting here? I'm just a little confused I feel like I've almost got it right if I can just get it to update without having to click save all the time would be nice ^.^ I have about a 50 man tribe who will really appreciate it haha.

a video tutorial would be really nice too if anyone here wouldn't mind making one? I'm sure a lot of people would find it useful! =]

Hi, 50 people could be a bit much, it depends how fast dropbox synchronizes the files. How are the new files names, is it something like "synchronizing conflict"? Smart Breeding doens't create new files, unless the "Create backup-file" value is larger than zero. I guess these extra files are created by dropbox, because it couldn't synchronize the files fast enough, if many people are changing the file simultaneously. It could help if only few people edit the file.

no only like 5 people would be our core breeders i was just saying the other 45 would benefit from our breeding haha but I think I've figured it out, the extra files are from the back up value but they're not needed if its set to auto save with a 0 value so auto save does work correctly i was just confused by the back up files. I'm going to test tonight but i think i've figured it out.

I honestly don't know where to ask this, so I'll ask here in the hopes that you might know the answer @cad.

The problem I have is that I get different values on the hp of Doedicurus between Smart Breeding and Dododex/ARK Wiki. I usually use Dododex to quickly check the points/levels in any stat that doesn't have multiplying bonuses and then I use Smart Breeding to get all of the correct stats. The hp I have is 7344.1 which Dododex/ARK Wiki says is 38 levels, while Smart Breeding says it's 43. I checked the hp of my Ankys as they have the same taming bonuses, just to see that there wasn't something I had overlooked and all stat calculators show the same value there, 7840.1 = 51 levels.

Did WC change the hp on the Doeds recently? Which value is the correct one, 38 or 43?

7 hours ago, TotallyUncool said:

I honestly don't know where to ask this, so I'll ask here in the hopes that you might know the answer @cad.

The problem I have is that I get different values on the hp of Doedicurus between Smart Breeding and Dododex/ARK Wiki. I usually use Dododex to quickly check the points/levels in any stat that doesn't have multiplying bonuses and then I use Smart Breeding to get all of the correct stats. The hp I have is 7344.1 which Dododex/ARK Wiki says is 38 levels, while Smart Breeding says it's 43. I checked the hp of my Ankys as they have the same taming bonuses, just to see that there wasn't something I had overlooked and all stat calculators show the same value there, 7840.1 = 51 levels.

Did WC change the hp on the Doeds recently? Which value is the correct one, 38 or 43?

Hi, there is a (relatively new) multiplier for HP for some species that is applied after taming (TamedBaseHealthMultiplier), mostly flyers have this, but also some others like the doedicurus. Remember that dododex and the wiki-calculator currently are only for wild creatures, so as soon the creature is tamed, there might be wrong levels. The correct level for your tamed doedi is 43.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

So actually has 2x event in place. I play on official PvE server.

I get Extract Failed on ARK Smart Breeding because I don't know how to set up it's settings. I've put this numbers, but I am not sure about it, and isn't working right yet.

The other breeds went fine at the normal rates..

4UP3gN0.png

I am sure I am doing something wrong. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: NVM. I fixed it:

3Bg3BiU.png

Edited by MalarKeY
Fixed

@cad, I've made a few more images for showing the colors of creatures (Yutyrannus and Thylacoleo). I want to do the Thorny Dragon too but I noticed it doesn't have color regions in the tool. Could you fix that so I can add the image?

I really like breeding animals for their colours so having a preview is a great feature.

ThylacyExample.png

On 18.8.2017 at 0:11 AM, BrankMeister said:

@cad, I've made a few more images for showing the colors of creatures (Yutyrannus and Thylacoleo). I want to do the Thorny Dragon too but I noticed it doesn't have color regions in the tool. Could you fix that so I can add the image?

I really like breeding animals for their colours so having a preview is a great feature.

ThylacyExample.png

Hi, looks great! If you want, you can send me the files and I'll include them in the next release, for all users.

The color-region-names of the thorny dragon were missing, they are added now. Get them by clicking on ? -> Check for Updates.