tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

On 6-1-2017 at 10:07 PM, cad said:

Hi, occasionally I'm updating the app and new creatures are usually added within a day. Are you not happy with the current version or do you have suggestion how to improve it? Or are you just want something that works online? There is the page dinomanager.com that maybe does what you want, but I don't know how uptodate it is.

me and the owner of dinomanager.com have been in touch, he is going out of business and there is this idea me my forked project, arkmanager.tk, will be merging /taking over his old website. in case people still like to have an online solution.

Hi,

I have a windows 10 system and play the game in "windowed mode". I downloaded your newest version vs 0.21.2 and I can't extract any data with the "read values from ARK Window" .. all it does is going back to the Ark window which is open and in the inventory of the Animal.. I tried with several different animals.

I tried to fill in the values of my mammoth but when I finished and said distribute levels several got red.

then I went to the settings page and drag and droped my game.ini and gameusersettings.ini in it but nothing changed.

Is this extractor not working with windowed mode or not working with single player? 

Hi, I am playing on a modded unofficial server and the standard settings don't work for the stat extraction. Unlikely that the admins will give me the game.ini for the correct multipliers ,but would it be possible to add a learning function where you would use a random tame to level each stat a few times so the tool would recognise the used multipliers? Would love to get it working and it's such a shame that I can't use it on the current server. It's an amazing tool and a great addition to the game :)

On 15.2.2017 at 4:37 PM, BrysonMcRock said:

Hi,

I have a windows 10 system and play the game in "windowed mode". I downloaded your newest version vs 0.21.2 and I can't extract any data with the "read values from ARK Window" .. all it does is going back to the Ark window which is open and in the inventory of the Animal.. I tried with several different animals.

I tried to fill in the values of my mammoth but when I finished and said distribute levels several got red.

then I went to the settings page and drag and droped my game.ini and gameusersettings.ini in it but nothing changed.

Is this extractor not working with windowed mode or not working with single player? 

Hi, the automatic reading-function does only work with a resolution of 1920x1080 or 1680x1050 (not so well), other resolutions are not supported.

If the stats are red, you probably have the wrong multipliers in the settings.

5 hours ago, B34T2 said:

Hi, I am playing on a modded unofficial server and the standard settings don't work for the stat extraction. Unlikely that the admins will give me the game.ini for the correct multipliers ,but would it be possible to add a learning function where you would use a random tame to level each stat a few times so the tool would recognise the used multipliers? Would love to get it working and it's such a shame that I can't use it on the current server. It's an amazing tool and a great addition to the game :)

Hi, there are too many ways the multipliers can be set. I recommend to ask the admin for the multipliers, the file isn't necessary, it just makes it easier.

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Pro with a 3 monitor set up and version 0.21.4 of ARK Smart Breeding.  Ark runs on my main monitor and I changed the resolution to 1920x1080 so that I can use this app.  The "Test OCR" button returns "Error while calibrating: probably game-resolution is not supporte dby this OCR".  The resolution is exactly what is requested.  When I try the Extractor by clicking "Read Values From ARK Window" it appears that nothing happens.

Any suggestions to get this working?

Edited by awmax99

4 minutes ago, Zephyrbell said:

Was just curious if it was just me or does the damage stat have lower points in it on the Smart Breeding app than it does on the Ark Stat Calculator? Is this a bug or is it working as intended? 

The other calculators are only for wild creatures. If you use it for tamed or bred creatures, they display too high level-values in damage.

On 17.2.2017 at 3:46 AM, Orbina said:

When adding New dinos, Spaces get removed and the letter "i" always get capitalized.

Sometimes "o" gets changed to "u"

Troodons that gets leveled on scouting ability is not possible to add via extraction

Hi, I know, the OCR is not optimal. Improving the OCR is tough, not sure if I invest more time in that. For most things it works.

Thanks for the note about the Troodons, I haven't looked in that mechanic yet, I'll put it on the todo-list.

On 21.2.2017 at 3:03 PM, awmax99 said:

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Pro with a 3 monitor set up and version 0.21.4 of ARK Smart Breeding.  Ark runs on my main monitor and I changed the resolution to 1920x1080 so that I can use this app.  The "Test OCR" button returns "Error while calibrating: probably game-resolution is not supporte dby this OCR".  The resolution is exactly what is requested.  When I try the Extractor by clicking "Read Values From ARK Window" it appears that nothing happens.

Any suggestions to get this working?

Hi, some people reported that with multiple monitors the OCR doesn't work. Currently I've only once screen, so I can't test this. You can try to change the display-mode to "Fullscreen-windowed", maybe that does work. And maybe it's relevant on which screen ARK does run.

Diplocaulus has the oxy stat locked in the program but it's a fully visible and changeable stat on the actual creature.  Never took any notice before but with aquatic breeding coming up thought it would be handy to have fixed.  You can workaround the issue atm using the extractor and then just manually changing the oxy stat via the stat testing tab.

13 hours ago, Kallor said:

Diplocaulus has the oxy stat locked in the program but it's a fully visible and changeable stat on the actual creature.  Never took any notice before but with aquatic breeding coming up thought it would be handy to have fixed.  You can workaround the issue atm using the extractor and then just manually changing the oxy stat via the stat testing tab.

Thanks for that, it'll be fixed soon. As a workaround you can temporarily enable the checkbox "Enable Oxygen for all Species" in the settings for extracting Diplocaulus.

Hi @cad. I'm assuming at this point that WC have not created any way of us seeing what the random mutations are in-game so there's no way that you can extract them into the tool? I'm finding it extremely frustrating to get a L300 egg from someone only to find out that it's got 27 mutations and is most probably a very poor level dino outside of the mutations. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Thalantyr said:

Hi @cad. I'm assuming at this point that WC have not created any way of us seeing what the random mutations are in-game so there's no way that you can extract them into the tool? I'm finding it extremely frustrating to get a L300 egg from someone only to find out that it's got 27 mutations and is most probably a very poor level dino outside of the mutations. Thank you.

Hi, it's not possible to see directly from the stats how many mutations a creature has, because mutated stats are just increased ones. The only way I know how you can see the mutation-counter is if you bred it and look at the family-tree in-game. Smart Breeding can detect mutations if you select the parents for a creature and there are discrepancies in the stats in that way, that in a stat the offspring has exactly two levels more than a parent. Then it's marked with a green circle in the pedigree-view, the mutation-counter has to be set manually, because there also can be increases of the mutation-counter without visible stat-mutations (e.g. if both parents have a mutation in the same stat, only one of these stats is inherited, but both mutation-counters are added to the offspring).

Hello guys,

Just registered on forums, just to post reply on this topic. Awesome job with this app, will help ALOT. Few things I wanted to say:

• OCR doesn't work for me at all. Using Win 10 Pro, geforce 960m with application compatibility, tried on recommended resolutions (both), in Windowed, Full Screen and WindowedFullscreen mode, getting error.
  • There is huge problem with tamed dinos. I have these:

and I cannot correctly add them to my library, there is problem with counting stats. I have more bred/imprinted dinos, these are just examples.
    My idea is - if Extractor cannot count any of stats, it shouldn't transfer counted data to "Start Testing". On the other hand, it could transfer actual values, which would help making dino library.

In case of question:
    MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.5
    EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=5.0
    BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=10.0
    BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=1
    BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier=2.0
    Taming speed = 5.0

• Extractor disagrees with my input - when I'm writing 97% imprinting, he claims, that it's 83% or so. Idk why, but he does it all the time.
  • On settings there is message that I can drag and drop .ini file there. This doesn't work for me at all.
  • Misc - Dom - Locks are not intuitive, you could change icon and/or description.
  • Extractor Creature-info - Data is not transfered to "Start Testing" via Copy to Tester button. It makes this form "dead".
  • Since I play on unofficial server, with higher rates, I have always 95%+ taming effectivness (99,9% if I do care about dino). App does some wierd map and claims that I have effectiveness much lower.
  • Misc - Clear description - in Crature-info form, there are 3 buttons, describing dinos Sex and Availability, you could add some text above them to make it more clear. Or change button size/type to better descript them (this is UX feedback :P )
  • Extractor - when I try to select dino species, 2 windows appears - 1 is a list of all of them, which i browse by typing, and 1 is "hint" window. They collide with each other, which makes find-by-typing functionality useless. I recommend you to choose 1 of them, both are ok :)
  • Creature-Info - Owner. You could divide it to player and tribe. I'm currently posting there my tribe name, because we have all dinos shared. On the other hand, we have some agreements to not touch others important dinos. So Tribe + Player name would suits me better :)

I hope, my feedback will help you a little, I'm a .Net programmer, and player, so I can look at apps in kind of "profesional" perspective, to help you improve your app. You've done awesome job with that, I do like tools to games, that help players calculate and permute tons of data, to make everything clear. And I'm glad I can test it.

Cheers!

Edited by vanghern

11 minutes ago, l1l1th85 said:

Everytime i need to download last updates i cant find the place and the program stop working :( maybe i'm a fool but, how and where do we download the last updates?

Btw, nice job! :)

Hi, you can find the newest version always with this link: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/releases/latest

If the program detects that a new update is available, it should show a message-box that will open the browser with the correct page.

47 minutes ago, cad said:

Hi, you can find the newest version always with this link: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/releases/latest

If the program detects that a new update is available, it should show a message-box that will open the browser with the correct page.

So, i only need to download the program again and afteropen the file with the save of my  library right? ty :) 

Okay, so I downloaded the program and I have a problem:

Whenever I press "Read Values from ARK Window" it just switches to ARK.

I have ARK on fullscreen windowed and switch from it to the app directly, then press the button.

EDIT: Resolution is 1920x1080, but the ORM only shows a pink screen too.

Edited by Bossmob

4 hours ago, Bossmob said:

Okay, so I downloaded the program and I have a problem:

Whenever I press "Read Values from ARK Window" it just switches to ARK.

I have ARK on fullscreen windowed and switch from it to the app directly, then press the button.

EDIT: Resolution is 1920x1080, but the ORM only shows a pink screen too.

Hi, sometimes it doesn't work if you have multiple monitors. Also, is there anything usefull written in the OCR-output (in the OCR-tab, right of the pink rectangle)?