tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

8 hours ago, GelcubeXL said:

Absolutely love your tool, I do have a wish though, is there a way to weight the Oxygen and Food and Speed? I know they are 
mostly "worthless" stats but they do contribute to a dinos maximum level, and having the option for a green "best of" color indicator would save a lot of manual scrutinizing!

Edit: Actually, I see in some peoples screenshots those are colored... I guess i need to do some scrutinizing of the settings myself...

Which screen are you talking about? If you're in the Library, you can click the Stats tab and turn off the ones you don't want to have coloured. If you're on the Breeding Plan tab then you can weight them in the bottom left hand corner. Eg: If you don't want weight to be taken into the potential best breeds then make it 0.0 instead of 1.0. That's how I believe it's done.

PS: The tool is amazing. Best thing for ARK.

15 hours ago, GelcubeXL said:

I think there is a line of text in the extractor itself that claims it cannot yet do inprinted scores. Maybe int he future tho.

You misunderstand or I wasn't clear enough, I know the program cannot handle imprint just yet, was asking if they had a way of working out the base stats of the creature before imprinting... I recently lost all my files due to HDD failure, and I've got a lot of imprinted stuff, but unable to add to the program due to not knowing the base stats any longer.

@cad

Hey Cad, first let me say i appreciate all the work you've done on this, you're a freakin legend man!

All of our tribes relies on your tool as you blow dododex out of the water in accuracy.

My only request and hope is that someday soon you'll eventually allow for imprinting to be calculated into there so you can extract base stats from imprinted creatures. I know there is a phone app that is attempting to do this, but it crashes every extraction for me. Hoping Smart Breeder can have this ability soon.

The concept is beautiful, the presentation and UI is  ugly.  I would be using this if it wasn't presenting the data so bad.  It's like a 1990's user experience.

Maybe you can open up a way to change the UI through configuration or scripting.

Also, make it web based.

I may have to help with this.

Edited by Captnmorgan

On 10/10/2016 at 11:32 PM, cad said:

Ah, now I get the issue you're having. I admit the app isn't very clear at this point, as it doesn't really matter for the end-user. The displayed sum considers only the levels the tool can extract (i.e. the levels that can be taken for sure and used for further validation). That excludes the speed-stat (as it doesn't gain anything in the wild) and for some creatures oxygen. If the unknown stat is only speed, then the tool just subtracts the sum of the levels of all validated stats from the total wild-level and uses that number for the speed stat. If there are more than one unknown stat (e.g. fish don't have a number for oxygen), the tool cannot know the levels for them.

So the sum displays the number of the stats the tool can extract, and below the max-number what this sum can be is displayed. If the first line is larger than the second line, the displayed level distribution has an error for sure, so the user has to change something. If the "sum" is smaller or equal, that distribution is not impossible. But as said, the sum is not the sum of all wild-levels, but only the sum of the levels that can be extracted.

I haven't explained that bit so far in the tool because these numbers doesn't really play a role, the end-user only has to see if the number in the first line (sum) is smaller or equal than the number in the second line. But what these numbers are, isn't relevant for the user.

I'll add a title-text for these numbers in the tool, so it's clearer for curious people that want to know more about how the tool works :)

Having spent a little bit more time with the tool, I'm still a bit stuck on this one.

From what I gather from taming, the speed stat comes out the same each time. Eg: Pteranodon comes out at 135% speed. However, if the other stats are all quite average in level then the SPEED stat can be completely random. The first Ptera I tamed camed out with a SPEED of L27 at 135%. The second one came out with a SPEED at L37 at 135%. I'm assuming this is from the above where you're taking the stats you can actually calculate and then putting the remaining points into the SPEED stat?

How does that affect breeding? I'm assuming that the ARK game itself is the one determining these levels? Or is the tool just misinterpreting how the levels are spread? Am I better of to be taming a Ptera that has L37 in speed even though the actual stat itself is still 135%? Is it going to potentially give me a higher level baby Ptera if the game is judging that it has L37 in speed?

I need to try and wrap my head around this. I can easily turn off the weighting for SPEED but just want to understand whether it's important or not. Thank you.

On 12.12.2016 at 11:40 PM, PapaBeard said:

Anyway to add or work out base stats for creature that is imprinted, keep getting red messages, and cannot add to library.

Hi, imprinting does not work with the tool yet. The issue is, the game calculates the imprinting internally with a precision of 2 decimals, but only shows rounded integers. See here for more infos about this: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/wiki/Imprinting

On 13.12.2016 at 5:57 PM, bulldog1986 said:

@cad

Hey Cad, first let me say i appreciate all the work you've done on this, you're a freakin legend man!

All of our tribes relies on your tool as you blow dododex out of the water in accuracy.

My only request and hope is that someday soon you'll eventually allow for imprinting to be calculated into there so you can extract base stats from imprinted creatures. I know there is a phone app that is attempting to do this, but it crashes every extraction for me. Hoping Smart Breeder can have this ability soon.

Hi, imprinting does not work with the tool yet. The issue is, the game calculates the imprinting internally with a precision of 2 decimals, but only shows rounded integers. See here for more infos about this: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/wiki/Imprinting

On 13.12.2016 at 6:15 PM, Silk said:

The concept is beautiful, the presentation and UI is ass ugly.  I would be using this if it wasn't presenting the data so bad.  It's like a 1990's user experience.

Maybe you can open up a way to change the UI through configuration or scripting.

Also, make it web based.

I may have to help with this.

I know. The issue here is, WinForms isn't customizable that easy. I started playing around with WPF recently, maybe I'll redo the tool there and with more style.

On 13.12.2016 at 9:36 PM, Thalantyr said:

Having spent a little bit more time with the tool, I'm still a bit stuck on this one.

From what I gather from taming, the speed stat comes out the same each time. Eg: Pteranodon comes out at 135% speed. However, if the other stats are all quite average in level then the SPEED stat can be completely random. The first Ptera I tamed camed out with a SPEED of L27 at 135%. The second one came out with a SPEED at L37 at 135%. I'm assuming this is from the above where you're taking the stats you can actually calculate and then putting the remaining points into the SPEED stat?

How does that affect breeding? I'm assuming that the ARK game itself is the one determining these levels? Or is the tool just misinterpreting how the levels are spread? Am I better of to be taming a Ptera that has L37 in speed even though the actual stat itself is still 135%? Is it going to potentially give me a higher level baby Ptera if the game is judging that it has L37 in speed?

I need to try and wrap my head around this. I can easily turn off the weighting for SPEED but just want to understand whether it's important or not. Thank you.

Hi, the speed-value is always the same after taming, regardless of the level, as wild creatures never increase their speed-value if they spend a level in it. E.g. a freshly tamed Ptera always has a speed-value of 135%. As consequence, the tool cannot determine the levels of the speed stat directly, and just put's all levels that are not used in other stats in the speed stat. The total level of the creature is also affected by the speed-level, even if the value is always the same. For more infos about Breeding see https://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding

On 14.12.2016 at 2:48 AM, hardcorebreeder said:

hey there! do you know the values for the new nerfed ptera stats? if so could you send me them for a quick hotfix. thanks!

Hi, the new values are just uploaded.

On 15.12.2016 at 0:37 AM, Chrisdavid42 said:

I'm not sure if I was using this incorrectly, but we have our private server set on Difficulty 6 and I was wondering if this application was able to scale with the difficulty setting now that it is open or not. When I attempted to enter the stats the application did not work.

Hi, go to the settings and adjust the "Max wild Levels", for a Difficulty of 6 it should be 180.

17 hours ago, hardcorebreeder said:

hey there. that reminded me, a few months ago you mentioned in an update that you can share your library with other people in your tribe and they can add/edit dinos and update the library.. can you tell me how to do this please?

I haven't tested this solution myself, but theoretically it should work like this (better make a backup of your library before):

• Copy the library-file in a folder that is synchronized with a cloud-service (e.g. dropbox or google-drive)
  • check both "Autosave" and "Auto-Update Collection-File" in the settings

Then every change should be saved immediately to the file, the cloud-service synchronizes it and for all other users (that have "Auto-Update Collection-File" enabled) the file is loaded with the changes. That's how it should work, but as there could be some latency, there might be changes that will be overwritten, if multiple users change the file in a short time or simultaneously.

19 hours ago, rezonen said:

Hey!

Just started using this, inputed all settings etc, but with ptera my ingame stat is 136,5%, wich always makes it show red in the breeder program. However if i change it to 135% in the program all is good. Any help?

My skype is rezonen if that helps, faster answering there.

Great app!!!

Hi, the Ptera were just nerfed, so I adjusted the tool. It seems your Ptera isn't affected by that yet, so I'd just set it to 135%, as that's the value it will be soon anyway. If you're not on pc, it may take a while until the patch that does that will be released.

1 hour ago, cad said:

Hi, the Ptera were just nerfed, so I adjusted the tool. It seems your Ptera isn't affected by that yet, so I'd just set it to 135%, as that's the value it will be soon anyway. If you're not on pc, it may take a while until the patch that does that will be released.

I believe this was a problem before the Ptera nerf. I've had Ptera's in-game come out at 136.5% base speed, but the next level only takes them to 137.7%. I think this may be an in-game problem. I've had babies come out at 135%, which should be correct as it's 2.7% per level for speed on a Ptera (or was).

On 18/12/2016 at 3:45 AM, cad said:

Hi Cad. Did you have a timeline in mind for when Imprinting may be available in the tool? Having just raised a baby with an imprint of 76% I've realised how different the stats are. I know that it doesn't matter in the scheme of things as any offspring from that parent do not get those stats anyway, but it would be a nifty addition! Thank you.

20 hours ago, Thalantyr said:

Hi Cad. Did you have a timeline in mind for when Imprinting may be available in the tool? Having just raised a baby with an imprint of 76% I've realised how different the stats are. I know that it doesn't matter in the scheme of things as any offspring from that parent do not get those stats anyway, but it would be a nifty addition! Thank you.

Hi, currently there's no plan to add support for extracting creatures with imprinting, as it's just not doable. The user had to choose from a large list of options, as there are up to 100 possibilities, multiplied by the current possibilities from the distribution of tamed levels. Maybe I'll find a way to reduce that amount to a small number with some tricks, but currently I don't see such a way. Sorry.

14 hours ago, rezonen said:

I get red boxes now in random stats on and off even with correct values, no typos and correct dinos. Also made sure breeding was set/not set, levels are correct etc and the tame/wild thing... Really frustrating since this tool is amazing :/

Hi, are you on pc or a console? If you're on console, the version of the game may be a bit behind the status of the pc-version, and some creatures may have different values. For more help I need all the numbers you used, the best would be a screenshot of the creature-inventory, along with the species-name and creature-level.

9 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, currently there's no plan to add support for extracting creatures with imprinting, as it's just not doable. The user had to choose from a large list of options, as there are up to 100 possibilities, multiplied by the current possibilities from the distribution of tamed levels. Maybe I'll find a way to reduce that amount to a small number with some tricks, but currently I don't see such a way. Sorry.

Hi, are you on pc or a console? If you're on console, the version of the game may be a bit behind the status of the pc-version, and some creatures may have different values. For more help I need all the numbers you used, the best would be a screenshot of the creature-inventory, along with the species-name and creature-level.

I'm on PC, here are some screenshots below.

https://gyazo.com/172d29b5fcb59cecfbebf91b8625246b

https://gyazo.com/aa65f3a0661aeb6ed8adc90a22d72848

https://gyazo.com/9fab4d19e13e083d1813506f52265ced

https://gyazo.com/d91e5cc838bd6769156194cc24277718

The problem happens with alot of dino's, altough sometimes it works fine.

Edited by rezonen

@rezonen the scorpions make a lot of issues. Their HP was changed in a patch a long time ago. Sometimes it helps to level up the HP-stat, so the value gets recalculated with the current values.

Do you have the issues also with other species? There's the same issue with the Procoptodon, and maybe still with the Pelagornis.

2 hours ago, cad said:

@rezonen the scorpions make a lot of issues. Their HP was changed in a patch a long time ago. Sometimes it helps to level up the HP-stat, so the value gets recalculated with the current values.

Do you have the issues also with other species? There's the same issue with the Procoptodon, and maybe still with the Pelagornis.

I have this with almost all species when they're tamed and leveled pretty high.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, Plannb23 said:

Is the only way to get this to actually download something onto my PC.  Nothing personal but I'm a bit leery about downloading software to my PC.  Any chance it's on crumplecorn or any of the suruvive-ark websites?

Agreed. Dododex should have done something to help with the breeding stats awhile ago, but xbox recently updated to show the ancestry list which is a step in the right direction.