tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

• 2 weeks later...

@superghe Hi, that tool is just a project I'm doing for fun, and sometimes other things are more important to do, so there might be longer breaks inbetween the updates. The file values.json can be edited, so you can insert missing creatures easily yourself (google for "json editor" to make it easier).

The pelagornis had its stats changed, and the game doesn't like stat-changes. It often uses old stats for a long time, so the extraction fails for Pelagornis that are tamed / bred with the old values. Sometimes it helps to level up a stat to force a recalculation. There really isn't anything I can do to make the game uses its values correct. One solution would be to offer multiple Pelagornis in the menu like "Pelagornis current stats" and "Pelagornis old stats". But that isn't garantueed to work, because the game sometimes uses the old values for the health and the new values for stamine etc. So I decided to just leave the current values in the tool and recommened to levelup the stats that don't work, and often that works.

Edit: The creatures of v247 are added now.

Edited by cad

On 03/10/2016 at 8:08 AM, superghe said:

2 things:
- after weeks pelagornis stats keep being totally wrong, please fix it!

Pelagornis stats are broken in game, from what i can tell the program is actually accurate and the in game stats reported go strange at times.  It's especially apparent when raising babies and it often changes after a server restart.

A brand new baby will have incorrectly reported HP (too high), stam (too low), weight (too high), those are the ones I remember, the other stats may be wrong as well.  After a server reset they will normally reset back to the correct stats that match it's parents.  However the last lot of babies I raised ended up with the wrong stats again after 2-3 more server resets.  Not sure if they are correct or wrong atm.

ARK Smart Breeding tool looks fine though.

9 hours ago, Soulyouth said:

it's kinda raptory with atm with the 150 wilds, I changed the wild lvl to 150 in the settings and taming to x2 for the weekend but could not get a freshly tamed 145 roo added

Hi, the roo has the same issues like the pelagornis and scorpion, the game sometimes uses outdated stat-values, so the numbers you see are not correct and cannot be recognized by the tool. Sometimes it helps to level some stats up to fix the displayed stat-value.

I'm only new to this software, and trying to work my way through my first dino. I took a snapshot of the wild & tamed stats. It's a Morellatops. When I put the stats into the Extractor tab, the sum comes to 115, but the dino was L116 when in the wild. Is there something that I'm doing wrong? I've tripled checked all the stats against the screenshot.

When I put in the stats of after it was tamed, to L173, the sum comes to 147. I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong here?

(these are all stats/levels without putting any domesticated levels in)

Thank you.

36 minutes ago, cad said:

Hi, @Thalantyr, maybe you checked or didn't check the checkbox "Since Taming no Restart". Just try both variants and see if one of them shows the correct levels. If that doesn't work, you can post a screenshot of the stats here and I have a look.

Thanks. Just tried that. Please let me know if I'm doing something really stupid lol.

On 4/2/2016 at 5:08 PM, cad said:

@MrDynamicMan thought about a mobile app, but I'm not sure if the small screen of a mobile would allow a good user experience. Do you think there's a demand for that?

On 4/5/2016 at 7:45 AM, panteni87 said:

If this where on a mobile app i'd download and use it. But i guess 1 isn't enough :D

Make that two i would use it as well.

7 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, @Thalantyr, maybe you checked or didn't check the checkbox "Since Taming no Restart". Just try both variants and see if one of them shows the correct levels. If that doesn't work, you can post a screenshot of the stats here and I have a look.

I've just tamed a L145 Rex on Scorched Earth. The stats have done the same thing. Wild stats come to L144, so I assume that's close enough? but after putting in the tamed stats I'm only getting a Sum of 177 (but says 'Should be <214' underneath). The Rex came out at L214 using Kibble and about 96% effectiveness.

Just checking if there's something I'm doing wrong here? Could there be bugs both with the L150 / Difficulty 5.0 as well as with Morellatops? or is it just user error?

Thank you.

@Thalantyr Hi, found the issue: for the Morellatops the damage-stat is yellow, that means there are multiple possible combinations of the levels. Make sure "Since Taming no Server-Restart" is checked, click Extract , then click on the yellow stat, and choose the correct combination in the list on the right. In this case the row with
Wild: 22, Dom: 0, TE: 99.2%, WildLevel: 116

Maybe it's the same thing you have to do with the Rex as well.

11 hours ago, cad said:

@Thalantyr Hi, found the issue: for the Morellatops the damage-stat is yellow, that means there are multiple possible combinations of the levels. Make sure "Since Taming no Server-Restart" is checked, click Extract , then click on the yellow stat, and choose the correct combination in the list on the right. In this case the row with
Wild: 22, Dom: 0, TE: 99.2%, WildLevel: 116

Maybe it's the same thing you have to do with the Rex as well.

I have done that. We're only talking about 1 level there though. If I select L22 damage or L23 it only affects it one level up or down. The sum of the tamed levels is off from L147 vs L173. I'm guessing that the multiplier calculations are somehow incorrect for the levels or I'm doing something else wrong. With the Rex his wild level is at wild L144, he's L145, so it's close. It's the taming that's way off again.

14 hours ago, Thalantyr said:

I have done that. We're only talking about 1 level there though. If I select L22 damage or L23 it only affects it one level up or down. The sum of the tamed levels is off from L147 vs L173. I'm guessing that the multiplier calculations are somehow incorrect for the levels or I'm doing something else wrong. With the Rex his wild level is at wild L144, he's L145, so it's close. It's the taming that's way off again.

Ah, now I get the issue you're having. I admit the app isn't very clear at this point, as it doesn't really matter for the end-user. The displayed sum considers only the levels the tool can extract (i.e. the levels that can be taken for sure and used for further validation). That excluds the speed-stat (as it doesn't gain anything in the wild) and for some creatures oxygen. If the unknown stat is only speed, then the tool just subtracts the sum of the levels of all validated stats from the total wild-level and uses that number for the speed stat. If there are more than one unknown stat (e.g. fish don't have a number for oxygen), the tool cannot know the levels for them.

So the sum displays the number of the stats the tool can extract, and below the max-number what this sum can be is displayed. If the first line is larger than the second line, the displayed level distribution has an error for sure, so the user has to change something. If the "sum" is smaller or equal, that distribution is not impossible. But as said, the sum is not the sum of all wild-levels, but only the sum of the levels that can be extracted.

I haven't explained that bit so far in the tool because these numbers doesn't really play a role, the end-user only has to see if the number in the first line (sum) is smaller or equal than the number in the second line. But what these numbers are, isn't relevant for the user.

I'll add a title-text for these numbers in the tool, so it's clearer for curious people that want to know more about how the tool works :)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267227358859565961/862C2B5A6E32918B86260B36D90DAD1121899448/

Freshly tamed 150 wolf on 2x weekend. Perfect. Except this tool and many others online give mismatched info. Dododex for example gives the outcome @ 31, 28, 31, 31, 34, 47, 18. Another avid tool user claims stats to be @ 36, 28, 31, 26, 34, 38, 28. Which is right? Is it a nerf vs update discrepancy? Or a false use? Should I "upgrade"? :P

6 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267227358859565961/862C2B5A6E32918B86260B36D90DAD1121899448/

Freshly tamed 150 wolf on 2x weekend. Perfect. Except this tool and many others online give mismatched info. Dododex for example gives the outcome @ 31, 28, 31, 31, 34, 47, 18. Another avid tool user claims stats to be @ 36, 28, 31, 26, 34, 38, 28. Which is right? Is it a nerf vs update discrepancy? Or a false use? Should I "upgrade"? :P

The extraction works fine for me. AFAIK there is no other tool that can extract levels from tamed creatures, most of the other tools are only for wild creatures. Once tamed the extraction gets a lot more complicated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!
Thanks a lot about you tools - it is awesome.

I got a question regarding Breeding plan(most interesting part). Can you share formula or more strategy information(about Conservative and Lucky TopStat)? Because in most cases Conservative recommends totally useless combination as best.

For example in attached situation first combination is totally worse than second. 

Снимок.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
On 27.10.2016 at 5:53 PM, StopGamer said:

Hi!
Thanks a lot about you tools - it is awesome.

I got a question regarding Breeding plan(most interesting part). Can you share formula or more strategy information(about Conservative and Lucky TopStat)? Because in most cases Conservative recommends totally useless combination as best.

For example in attached situation first combination is totally worse than second.

Hi, thanks for the feedback! I'll try to improve the algorithm, your example is helpful to improve that. I put the info for more information about the formula on the todo-list.

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely love your tool, I do have a wish though, is there a way to weight the Oxygen and Food and Speed? I know they are 
mostly "worthless" stats but they do contribute to a dinos maximum level, and having the option for a green "best of" color indicator would save a lot of manual scrutinizing!

Edit: Actually, I see in some peoples screenshots those are colored... I guess i need to do some scrutinizing of the settings myself...

Edited by GelcubeXL