tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

8 hours ago, Jey123456 said:

would be cool to have the probability for the worse possible breed (like we have the best one) as well as maybe a third line showing the most probable result. 

Also, it would be cool for actual value to be written as tooltip when you over the wild level values (for instance in the best possible breed preview, hovering 28 in the hp column on a bronto breed would output "hp:13992.1" as tooltip

Hi, good ideas, I'll include them in the next release.

On 24/05/2016 at 4:07 PM, cad said:

@hardcorebreeder Hi, just checked it with some species and it works. What creatures did you try to extract? Did you set the max wild level to 150 in the settings?

Hey, my bad. I didn't know there were settings to change max levels. Thanks for the help though, huge relief. HA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I absolutely love the app :)

I am having a problem however entering the stats of Compys. The rest of the stats go green but the HP is red always. I've been trying for a few weeks now to input the stats of my 9 Compys to no avail. Everything is entered correctly, the right boxes are ticked, it is all up to date. It's just not working for me :(

Also, is there anyway to select a male/female and see what offspring they might have? I can tame something new and I know it has a higher stat but it's not coming up in the breeding plan and I can't see anyway to look at said tame against another to see possible baby information.

Please help :)
Many thanks!

~ Clare

11 hours ago, Clarey said:

Hi there. I absolutely love the app :)

I am having a problem however entering the stats of Compys. The rest of the stats go green but the HP is red always. I've been trying for a few weeks now to input the stats of my 9 Compys to no avail. Everything is entered correctly, the right boxes are ticked, it is all up to date. It's just not working for me :(

Also, is there anyway to select a male/female and see what offspring they might have? I can tame something new and I know it has a higher stat but it's not coming up in the breeding plan and I can't see anyway to look at said tame against another to see possible baby information.

Please help :)
Many thanks!

~ Clare

Hi,

if the Compys have an imprinting-bonus, the tool cannot extract their levels anymore. If not, try to level them once and try again (sometimes the game shows wrong numbers that get fixed after an upleveling). If that doesn't work, send me a screenshot of the inventory with all the stat-values.

You can rightclick a creature and choose "Best Breeding Partners" to show a list with only that creature. If the other creature does not appear, try to increase the Max Breeding Pair Suggestions in the settings.

Ty for the reply Cad.

I added 1 level to a compy and it didn't work, tried 2 and it still did not work. These are all wild tamed, not bred so no imprinting at all. It does recognise that it's had 2 lvls put into Melee but that HP is still red so cannot input it :(

Stats of a compy I tamed, with 2 lvls added it is now 161 :
http://imgur.com/veRAUIL

Added 2 lvls in Melee Damage but it still wont accept it:
http://imgur.com/UYokrwa

I can't find where to right click to view best breeding partners, as it just seems to put it into the extractor when right clicked from the library O.o

Hey Cad

I've noticed all those files you've added and they seem to look really nice, I just don't really know how to manually install them D:

I tried doing the updated stats for gigas/pteras but the program still fails to understand the new numbers? Before you put them to one folder they did seem to work though. The first time I tried to copy paste them over, the first line "// a line with only one value marks a new creature" shows in the drop-down box, where you select the dino you wish to extract the stats from. And as always, I love your work!! i probably would've quit the game months ago if it wasn't for you. NOT SURE IF THATS A GOOD THING! xD

PS. Everything i stat check just does not seem to work, Sarcos, Procoptodons and probably a lot more dinos, I have tried to redownload the program but this doesn't change

EDIT: OCR Scanner doesn't work for sarcos, perhaps the missing oxygen screws this up?

EDIT: oh.. figured out the issues, nevermind!

Edited by hardcorebreeder

4 hours ago, Clarey said:

Ty for the reply Cad.

I added 1 level to a compy and it didn't work, tried 2 and it still did not work. These are all wild tamed, not bred so no imprinting at all. It does recognise that it's had 2 lvls put into Melee but that HP is still red so cannot input it :(

Stats of a compy I tamed, with 2 lvls added it is now 161 :
http://imgur.com/veRAUIL

Added 2 lvls in Melee Damage but it still wont accept it:
http://imgur.com/UYokrwa

I can't find where to right click to view best breeding partners, as it just seems to put it into the extractor when right clicked from the library O.o

Hi, the compy-stats were nerfed as it seems. I updated the stats for the tool. Regarding the missing context-menu, it seems you're using an old version of the tool. Redownload the current version here : https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/releases/latest and then get the new stat-file by clicking on ? -> Check for Updates in the menu.

2 hours ago, hardcorebreeder said:

Hey Cad

I've noticed all those files you've added and they seem to look really nice, I just don't really know how to manually install them D:

I tried doing the updated stats for gigas/pteras but the program still fails to understand the new numbers? Before you put them to one folder they did seem to work though. The first time I tried to copy paste them over, the first line "// a line with only one value marks a new creature" shows in the drop-down box, where you select the dino you wish to extract the stats from. And as always, I love your work!! i probably would've quit the game months ago if it wasn't for you. NOT SURE IF THATS A GOOD THING! xD

PS. Everything i stat check just does not seem to work, Sarcos, Procoptodons and probably a lot more dinos, I have tried to redownload the program but this doesn't change

EDIT: OCR Scanner doesn't work for sarcos, perhaps the missing oxygen screws this up?

Hi, glad you like it :)

what do you mean exactly with "all those files" and "manually install them"? There are new source-files every now and then, but these shouldn't bother you, the thing you need is only the zipped release.

Did you check for an updated stats-file by clicking on ? -> Check for Updates in the menu? This updates the stat-file automatically, no need to copy/paste numbers manually.

The OCR is still under development, and on resolutions other than 1080 it sometimes doesn't work well. I'll check if the sarco needs extra attention, though.

11 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, glad you like it :)

what do you mean exactly with "all those files" and "manually install them"? There are new source-files every now and then, but these shouldn't bother you, the thing you need is only the zipped release.

Did you check for an updated stats-file by clicking on ? -> Check for Updates in the menu? This updates the stat-file automatically, no need to copy/paste numbers manually.

The OCR is still under development, and on resolutions other than 1080 it sometimes doesn't work well. I'll check if the sarco needs extra attention, though.

ohh.. i was looking around through those files you were adding to that website, didnt really know what most of it meant but i saw something about imprinting bonuses? It'd be awesome if you can extract these figures off of imprinted bonuses :)

Edited by hardcorebreeder

I have a new suggestion. Would it be possible to add a "added date" to the library list so we could sort by when we added / obtained the dino ? Would make it easier to see generation improvements and i imagine it shouldnt be hard to add for the future dinos at least (not sure if you have the date on the existing data). Just using the index to give them a fake date so that older ones get listed as older even tho we dont have the exist date would probably be more than enough to not mess up old databases. 

Edited by Jey123456

5 hours ago, Jey123456 said:

I have a new suggestion. Would it be possible to add a "added date" to the library list so we could sort by when we added / obtained the dino ? Would make it easier to see generation improvements and i imagine it shouldnt be hard to add for the future dinos at least (not sure if you have the date on the existing data). Just using the index to give them a fake date so that older ones get listed as older even tho we dont have the exist date would probably be more than enough to not mess up old databases. 

Hi, I recently added a timestamp-property "domesticated at" for dinos, but it's not yet available in the library. Good you mention it, I'll add a column for that.

Getting an exception when I try to open the settings menu on the latest version:

Unhandled eception has occured in your application: Object refrence not set to an instance of an object

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ARKBreedingStats.Settings.setControls(CreatureCollection cc)
   at ARKBreedingStats.Settings..ctor(CreatureCollection cc)
   at ARKBreedingStats.Form1.settingsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

3 minutes ago, cad said:

Json makes it easier to load the settings. The file with the tool is compressed, to view or edit it use a json-editor like http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/.

Nice, will give it a look. I have a Json plugin for eclipse but after algorithm design and analysis I swore I wasn't going to so much as look at code for the whole summer :P

11 hours ago, Shiro9 said:

Hello, just a question.

I put in the numbers for my 2 spino, and it said LW = 85/82. I tamed them at level 120/116. 

Does this mean my dino stat low as a level 85? :S

The male is 120 and female is 116.

ark.png

Hi, that means the tool thinks the spinos have been level 85 and 82 in the wild, and after you tamed them they were level 120 and 116 due to the bonus-levels you got for the taming.

4 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, that means the tool thinks the spinos have been level 85 and 82 in the wild, and after you tamed them they were level 120 and 116 due to the bonus-levels you got for the taming.

I went ahead and try to breed them, my parent spinos have the same health after tamed, and the baby damage is higher than the parents.

Does the info I put in the Smart Breeding look correct? 

Thanks ^^ 

arkk.png

29 minutes ago, Shiro9 said:

I went ahead and try to breed them, my parent spinos have the same health after tamed, and the baby damage is higher than the parents.

Does the info I put in the Smart Breeding look correct? 

Thanks ^^ 

arkk.png

The baby should inherit the stats, so for each stat the baby's stat should be equal to one of the parent's. Are you sure that Invidia is the offspring of Aqua and Azure? Does any of the dinos have an imprinting-bonus (the tool cannot handle this yet)?