tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

20 minutes ago, LeelaaSlo said:

Last two updates my huge library is not loading anymore and i get this error. :(

errorasb.JPG

Hi, that error should be resolved in 0.46.3 for most cases. When it still happens for you, probably there are multiple creatures in your library that share the same id, which should not happen.

Could you send me your library file (the file extension is .asb) for further checking how that could happen? The easiest way would be via pm in discord (ASB discord server: https://discord.gg/qCYYbQK).

How did you add the creatures to your library, import export files or importing a save file?

• 4 weeks later...

Some of the knock-out information on the taming tab are way off (how many tranq darts it will take to knock out any given dino). The latest example was a Giga my friend was going to tame. Said it would take something like 153 darts and it took way over 200. Is that something that is constantly changing and hard to keep on top of or is there something wrong? FYI, dododex said the exact same amount of darts would be needed, so it was wrong as well.

Edited by olT3lo

• Volunteer Moderator
27 minutes ago, olT3lo said:

Some of the knock-out information on the taming tab are way off (how many tranq darts it will take to knock out any given dino). The latest example was a Giga my friend was going to tame. Said it would take something like 153 darts and it took way over 200. Is that something that is constantly changing and hard to keep on top of or is there something wrong? FYI, dododex said the exact same amount of darts would be needed, so it was wrong as well.

If you had stopped at 153, it would likely have passed out shortly after. Darts apply instant torpor, as well as over time torpor. See this thread for more details:

Edited by invincibleqc

• 1 month later...

Hi @cad not sure if this is me doing something daft or missing a setting (usually is lol) but for some reason when I import dinos the colours are no longer brought into ASB with all the other information as a result I now have quite a lot of holes in my colours lists for bred animals.

This has been going on for quite a while I just kept forgetting to ask in here about it.

image.png.97e0a565c4851c873900e7e38c2f2356.png

Am I missing a setting somewhere that's been added or is this a bug?

15 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

when I import dinos the colours are no longer brought into ASB with all the other information. Am I missing a setting somewhere that's been added or is this a bug?

Hi, you're the first one reporting that. How did you import the creatures, with a savegame import or importing the exported data?

16 hours ago, cad said:

There was a bug just found that colors are not imported if you use the bulk import. This will be fixed soon. Did you use that?

Yes, always do, I tend to have loads exported at once and just bulk import them. Many thanks for the quick update.👍

Edit: can confirm since the last update, my latest batch bulk imported successfully imported the colours.

Edited by IanHighlander

• 2 weeks later...

@cad Another small bug I've noticed.

If you edit any creature that has a cooldown/growing status, it doesn't carry that over to the edit page so when you save it, it loses the cooldown timer in the library for that creature.

Edit: actually just double checked myself and it does seem to carry it to the edit page but doesn't carry it back to the library when you save.

Edited by IanHighlander

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Love the look of this tool, but unfortunately i play on a Nitrado hosted PS4 unofficial server so i cant load in save files. 

Currently i make spreadsheets in Microsoft Excll for my breeding lines, is there any scope for adding a feature to import info from Excel files so i wouldnt have to add each dino manually? 

On 8/16/2021 at 12:09 AM, Morgue said:

Currently i make spreadsheets in Microsoft Excll for my breeding lines, is there any scope for adding a feature to import info from Excel files so i wouldnt have to add each dino manually?

Hi, an import of a comma separated value (csv) file or tab separated (tsv) file would be not difficult. How do you have your data currently saved? A good way to import it easily would be one column for each stat value (including the decimal place), one column for the species, and one column for each other property, e.g. creature name, tribe, owner, color ids. I'm on vacation for a few weeks, I'll work on this after that.

• 8 months later...
On 5/10/2022 at 1:37 PM, Trell169 said:

Is this yet another great tool for Ark, but it works only with the Steam version?

It's an application running on windows, so it works best with the Steam and Epic game version where you can use the export function in ARK to easily add creatures to the app. Other versions of ARK, i.e. the versions on Windows store / XBox, Playstation, etc. don't offer the export function but work fine else, you can enter creatures by typing their stats manually.

Hi ! I started breeding mosasaurs, in the app it says my babies will birth at a lower level than parents (seems it counts oxygen and speed in the process), how to fix this (probably my mistake with a setting) ? Thank you very much ! 

(example picture : parents are 207 212 unleveled, says best baby will be 162, worst 140, my first baby was 219).

mosaex.png.459af4f5c4c3de6fd03829ee269c6424.png

mosaex2.png.ad0557d05f42f4e3325d505dfcb6c672.png

• 4 months later...
On 5/23/2022 at 6:29 PM, BaconWasHere said:

Epic tool!

Is there a way to use the name generator to replace or name the corresponding dino in game? Its cool that you can use a format for naming in the app, however I thought it may be able to set the name it generates on the dino in question in game automatically.

Hi, sorry for the late reply, somehow didn't get a notification.

In the settings you can enable that the generated name is copied to the clipboard, that way you just have to open the name edit option and paste the generated name. Directly changing the data in game is not possible for Smart Breeding.

On 5/31/2022 at 10:04 AM, SidemanZGZ said:

Hi ! I started breeding mosasaurs, in the app it says my babies will birth at a lower level than parents (seems it counts oxygen and speed in the process), how to fix this (probably my mistake with a setting) ? Thank you very much ! 

(example picture : parents are 207 212 unleveled, says best baby will be 162, worst 140, my first baby was 219).

mosaex.png.459af4f5c4c3de6fd03829ee269c6424.png

mosaex2.png.ad0557d05f42f4e3325d505dfcb6c672.png

Hi, I'm not sure why the total level of the parents is shown like that. If you add up the levels, it should result in one level less than the total level of the creature, i.e. the female should display `(154)`, the male `(148)`. Then the values for the offspring make sense as well. Maybe something went wrong by importing the parents?

• 2 months later...

Reguarding the adding of .cvs file to the smart breeder is there currently a way to do that or not? If there is a way to import this format of file even if it needs to be adjusted it would save time. 

Would make for quick addtions if you use Ark Savegame Visualizer and get an export of dinosaurs. 

For reference here is the link to his tool.

• 5 months later...

Hi I just want to thank you for making this tool and supporting it for so many years! I launch it whenever I play Ark, it is so helpful to figure out what is going on with stats and mutations and all the  configuration settings are awesome I love that I can enter my custom settings  like “singleplayer” for example and then continue to adjust the stat values to match my game this tool is indispensable to anyone who plays ark! The best part for me is how you can just send the information to the app with the “export creature data” option in-game. Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Is  there any way to just manually enter the numbers when the app fails to get them correct?

I've got a gacha. App says 'sum 10, should be 18'. OK, fine. I look at the stats.

Everything is correct except Speed - that shows as 22 in the app, but should be 31. Note that this is NOT a difference of 8, as the app seems to expect.

A manual entry override would really make life easier in this edge cases. 99.9% of the time or more everything is fine, & it's made my life a whole lot easier!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/6/2023 at 9:50 PM, Snapdragyn said:

Is  there any way to just manually enter the numbers when the app fails to get them correct?

I've got a gacha. App says 'sum 10, should be 18'. OK, fine. I look at the stats.

Everything is correct except Speed - that shows as 22 in the app, but should be 31. Note that this is NOT a difference of 8, as the app seems to expect.

A manual entry override would really make life easier in this edge cases. 99.9% of the time or more everything is fine, & it's made my life a whole lot easier!

That sounds like there are yellow stats, i.e. stats where the app cannot determine the combination of wild and domesticated levels. Click on the yellow stats until the actual sum is equal to the expected sum. If you just want to add the creature with probably incorrect levels, you can copy the extracted values to the Tester (button in the toolbar), then add it from there.

On 11/30/2023 at 11:35 PM, Allanballan said:

Does Smart Breeding work with ASA?

Yes, you need to enable the ASA mode in the Settings - Multipliers - Checkbox at the top.