tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

On 1/12/2021 at 7:49 AM, olT3lo said:

Would love it if you could add the option to add FTP information for a server so at the press of a button it would go out, grab the save game, and you could view the data quickly and easily.

That's already implemented. Just enter the ftp adress as the file location in Settings - Import Savegame - ARK save-game files.

• Like 1

That's awsome! What is the syntax we need to get it to work? I've used just the IP and port and ftp://user:password@host:port/path.

Ok, I've made progress with ftp://ip:port. It popped up asking for my credentials, which I provided and saved, but now it's just saying "Authenticating". I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Got it. For anyone else who needs help it was ftp://IP:PORT/PATH_TO_FILE

Off topic, on the "Raising" tab, under General Infos, the "Food for Baby-Phase" and "Total food for maturation" seem way off. Is there a setting some where I need to change?

Thank you for the tool, it's really great!

Edited by olT3lo

On 1/27/2021 at 8:39 AM, olT3lo said:

Off topic, on the "Raising" tab, under General Infos, the "Food for Baby-Phase" and "Total food for maturation" seem way off. Is there a setting some where I need to change?

These values depend on the settings BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier and BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier, probably you need to adjust these values to the ones on the server.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cad said:

These values depend on the settings BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier and BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier, probably you need to adjust these values to the ones on the server.

Ok, I'll take a look, but I did drag the ini's over to Smart Breeding. Maybe I did that after the weird stats, I'll check it out.

One other thing, ever given a thought to the ability to make Smart Breeding have a dark theme? That wall of white on my second monitor is kind of blinding while playing, but, it's not really a huge deal as I can minimize when not using.

Really cool bit of work you've done. Had to of taken a lot of time. Greatly appreciated.

Edited by olT3lo
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 4:24 PM, Wycked said:

Not sure if it's been answered or not but is there a way to combine library's together? I have one library of creatures that are the starter breeders then another that holds the offspring. I'd like to combine them without having to go through and export each one over again.

Menu File - Load and add…

• Thanks 1

Hi cad, unfortunately that did not help, if i grab the exact files and push them to another PC, it works without touching a thing, if i send it back i get the pie chart rather than the dino pictures.

Any dependency you recommend i reinstall? or other recommendation?

Edited by Ramron
typos etc

On 2/25/2021 at 2:09 AM, Ramron said:

Figured it out, in my case, i have to run the executable from a folder in the root directory, not in sub folders, is this normal?

No, that doesn't matter. If you installed ASB, e.g. in the program files folder, the images are saved in the `%localAppData%\ARK Smart Breeding\img`, if you use the portable / zip version, the images are saved in the application folder.

If you cannot see the images and then download the images via the menu, they should be placed correctly in either of these locations.

• 1 month later...

@cad hopefully a quick one and likely just me missing something in the settings somewhere but a slightly weird one.

I have creatures being highlighted as "top" creatures (in yellow) when they clearly aren't. For example in this screenshot M8 clearly has all the top stats, but M6 and M7 which are a point down on speed are still being shown as "top" creatures highlighted in yellow.

image.thumb.png.e0ac1278ef30aa9dbd78bbac64595db1.png

Have I just missed a setting I can't find somewhere ?

Thanks in advance.

On 4/17/2021 at 1:19 PM, IanHighlander said:

I have creatures being highlighted as "top" creatures (in yellow) when they clearly aren't. For example in this screenshot M8 clearly has all the top stats, but M6 and M7 which are a point down on speed are still being shown as "top" creatures highlighted in yellow.

Have I just missed a setting I can't find somewhere ?

Hi, that looks like a bug. That feature is implemented for some years now and I never saw that issue. Does this wrong highlighting as a top creature (golden background) also persists after you restarted the application?

11 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, that looks like a bug. That feature is implemented for some years now and I never saw that issue. Does this wrong highlighting as a top creature (golden background) also persists after you restarted the application?

Hi, yes every time, I use the app multiple times a day and always close it in between uses.

Just double checked for updates and it says its fully up to date.

image.thumb.png.b67db9ca6e72a165bb3b3090ceb9be2f.png

The only thing that may be slightly different is that I run it from a network drive not my local drive, although I don't see how that could cause this.

Let me know if you need anything from me to diagnose.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:11 PM, cad said:

Definitely looks like it's just not counting speed in its calculations, can this be fixed if possible please? (or have I missed a config setting somewhere for it maybe?)

image.thumb.png.849908bd6c35ea735716e19adc484044.png

I've also noticed the "Cooldown/Growing" column isn't being populated at all when importing exported babies anymore. This is in the last couple of versions this has changed as it absolutely used to.

Edited by IanHighlander

On 4/25/2021 at 2:38 PM, IanHighlander said:

Definitely looks like it's just not counting speed in its calculations, can this be fixed if possible please? (or have I missed a config setting somewhere for it maybe?)

image.thumb.png.849908bd6c35ea735716e19adc484044.png

I've also noticed the "Cooldown/Growing" column isn't being populated at all when importing exported babies anymore. This is in the last couple of versions this has changed as it absolutely used to.

After checking the algorithm, the stats that don't contribute to a stat increase are ignored when determining the "only top stats"-creatures (golden background). I'll add some options to fine tune the behaviour of the app here.

The bug with the cooldown column will be fixed in the next release.

30 minutes ago, cad said:

After checking the algorithm, the stats that don't contribute to a stat increase are ignored when determining the "only top stats"-creatures (golden background). I'll add some options to fine tune the behaviour of the app here.

The bug with the cooldown column will be fixed in the next release.

Many thanks @cad as always 👍