tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

Question. I'm breeding dimeridons for the thermal stuff for later breeding projects, and the melee stat is coming out significantly higher than the stats tester says they should, even throwing in a max imprinting bonus doesn't explain it. With 2 levels in melee i get 219%. Just want to check weather i've got a bug in the tool or somthing else is going on.

@cad Hey if your not busy i might need some help setting this up atleast so it actually pulls my tribes dinos and such so i can see what we got of if i need to export data or such for our own private server i just want to make sure i can do this right and help them set it up or share the file with them so we can plan our own breeding

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having this issue where by I have changed the value of Wild Torpidity per level on my single player file but on the app, when i try to edit the .asb file it just rolls

back to 1.000 after I do any check. And if I were to use the ARK Smart Breeding.exe to change the value, it just won't register. Any way to work around this issue that I am having?

The idea of decreasing the wild torpor was to reduce the torpor by half instead of setting the resistance to 2.0 which increases the damage dealt/receive 

Changing using notepad:

image.thumb.png.c6555d429d8fb408f89f2cc1392893f4.png

Using ARK Smart Breeding to check if it registers:

image.thumb.png.328096abaaaa416554805b31d1b01a6f.png

After hitting okay button/running a check on wild dino or editing torpidity value using ARK Smart Breeding:

image.thumb.png.5cd75b560571f58de6ebbbf3d2f82e09.png

Edited by xcelosce

On 3/29/2020 at 5:25 AM, Aneriel said:

There is a "Tags" filter on the library.  How do I add a tag? 

Select one or more creatures in the library, press F3 (or right-click - Edit all selected). On the right bottom, add tags, then check both Apply and Set Tag of the ones you want to add to the selected creatures.

On 4/7/2020 at 7:52 PM, CarlBar said:

Question. I'm breeding dimeridons for the thermal stuff for later breeding projects, and the melee stat is coming out significantly higher than the stats tester says they should, even throwing in a max imprinting bonus doesn't explain it. With 2 levels in melee i get 219%. Just want to check weather i've got a bug in the tool or somthing else is going on.

Most likely you set a wrong stat multiplier for melee. Double check if you set all the multipliers according to your server setting. Another reason can be the singleplayer being set on the game and not in Smart Breeding or vice versa.

On 4/9/2020 at 1:51 AM, arubis32 said:

@cad Hey if your not busy i might need some help setting this up atleast so it actually pulls my tribes dinos and such so i can see what we got of if i need to export data or such for our own private server i just want to make sure i can do this right and help them set it up or share the file with them so we can plan our own breeding

Just enter all the multipliers in smart breeding according to the settings on the server it should work then if you use the steam version you can also import a savegame file or import export single dinos via the radial menu

On 5/11/2020 at 5:56 AM, Gotharic said:

My Library columns headers always disappear unless I click on where they disappear.  Is there away to set them so the headers always are on?

image.thumb.png.c99ee02f055ce551e14eca8189d07d76.png

image.thumb.png.a6654d7d774b3a326e50433a43507d4d.png

I never saw this issue, I'm not sure if it's a bug with Smart Breeding. There's no option to hide the header row. What version do you use?

On 5/20/2020 at 5:31 AM, xcelosce said:

I am having this issue where by I have changed the value of Wild Torpidity per level on my single player file but on the app, when i try to edit the .asb file it just rolls

back to 1.000 after I do any check. And if I were to use the ARK Smart Breeding.exe to change the value, it just won't register. Any way to work around this issue that I am having?

The idea of decreasing the wild torpor was to reduce the torpor by half instead of setting the resistance to 2.0 which increases the damage dealt/receive 

Changing using notepad:

image.thumb.png.c6555d429d8fb408f89f2cc1392893f4.png

Using ARK Smart Breeding to check if it registers:

image.thumb.png.328096abaaaa416554805b31d1b01a6f.png

After hitting okay button/running a check on wild dino or editing torpidity value using ARK Smart Breeding:

image.thumb.png.5cd75b560571f58de6ebbbf3d2f82e09.png

ARK doesn't allow changing this torpidity value, it's ignored by the game, thus ASB ignores it as well. If you have issues with extracting, it's a different multiplier that's not correct.

• 2 weeks later...

I love your Program! Makes a breeders life so much easier.?

I have a wish to have the option to change the program to a ``dark theme´´, its a tad to bright for me. Are there any plans at all for this or may you consider doing it in the future?

Again thanks for a really good program!?

Edited by Allanballan

11 hours ago, Allanballan said:

I love your Program! Makes a breeders life so much easier.?

I have a wish to have the option to change the program to a ``dark theme´´, its a tad to bright for me. Are there any plans at all for this or may you consider doing it in the future?

Again thanks for a really good program!?

Unfortunately the used framework makes skins hard to implement, so it will not happen soon, if at all. sorry.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, having an issue, in the library section, i cant turn off stats etc for it's listing. note that the dmg mutation wyvern is considered less than the food mutation one, even though everything else is similar. and it's highlighting food so much but dmg is almost an afterthought.

in the breeding tab it doesn't seem to want to use the new male, with a higher melee stat, even with melee dmg being weighted much higher....

am i just stupid or is there something off with the latest version of smart breeder?

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

1 hour ago, Trashtalk said:

So, having an issue, in the library section, i cant turn off stats etc for it's listing. note that the dmg mutation wyvern is considered less than the food mutation one, even though everything else is similar. and it's highlighting food so much but dmg is almost an afterthought.

in the breeding tab it doesn't seem to want to use the new male, with a higher melee stat, even with melee dmg being weighted much higher....

am i just stupid or is there something off with the latest version of smart breeder?

There should be a red info box at the top about the mutation filter you set. Only creatures with at most 0 mutations are considered for the currently displayed plan. If you want to also include the creatures with the mutations, either increase the number, or set it to -1 to include all mutations. If the red box is not shown, it would be a bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody please make an idiot-proof guide to sharing your library of dinosaurs etc. with your friends?

Right now I have a link to my friend's shared Google Drive folder containing the ARK library.

I've enabled autosave/autoload of data - but how do I open the library in the Smart Breeding app?  Been trying this for what feels like hours with no progress so far, short of manually downloading the file and opening it (which means any changes I make won't sync back).

On 7/13/2020 at 2:27 PM, Izmak said:

Can somebody please make an idiot-proof guide to sharing your library of dinosaurs etc. with your friends?

Right now I have a link to my friend's shared Google Drive folder containing the ARK library.

I've enabled autosave/autoload of data - but how do I open the library in the Smart Breeding app?  Been trying this for what feels like hours with no progress so far, short of manually downloading the file and opening it (which means any changes I make won't sync back).

That sounds like you download the file, which means you have an own, independent copy on your computer. You need to install the google-drive app (or dropbox etc) and synchronize the file on a folder on your computer.

• 4 weeks later...

I've used this program on a windows laptop for years without issue, including using it earlier today.

Tonight my Mcafee virus protection flagged it and automatically deletes the file when I go to install.

Were there any recent changes that may have caused this? I didnt make any changes to my antivrus or update the smart breeder app today, and I am scratching my head as to why all of a sudden it was flagged and deleted/

On 8/13/2020 at 5:23 AM, MrTarkanian48 said:

I've used this program on a windows laptop for years without issue, including using it earlier today.

Tonight my Mcafee virus protection flagged it and automatically deletes the file when I go to install.

Were there any recent changes that may have caused this? I didnt make any changes to my antivrus or update the smart breeder app today, and I am scratching my head as to why all of a sudden it was flagged and deleted/

That happens sometimes after an update. If not many people have the latest version installed, some heuristic anti virus apps flag it because it's not often used and based on application patterns. Usually after some time it is accepted. Of course, make sure you downloaded it from a trusted source. You can upload a file to virustotal.com which will check it with multiple virus scanners and give you a result with how many of them found the file suspicious.

Smart Breeding is open source, so everyone can check all of the code that's included.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 5:27 AM, Lenfantsauvage09 said:

Is there a way for the tool to screenshot a fullscreen screenshot imported from ps4?  

You should be able to just drag&drop a screenshot on the tool to use it with the OCR function. You can also configure an application in the settings to take the screenshots from. The OCR is not perfect, so it might need some adjustments after the import.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/29/2016 at 10:15 PM, cad said:

Forgot to note the stats of a creature before leveling up? This tool helps to retreive the values that matter for breeding. Now you can also save your extracted stats in a library, see which creature has the best stats and view the pedigree of your pets. Sort your library to see which creatures are the best for breeding and compare which stats are inherited to the offspring.

Feedback is welcome. Also I'm looking forward to see some awesome pedigrees, share yours if you got a nice breed.

The latest version can be downloaded here: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/releases/latest

extractor.png

library.png

pedigree.png