tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

1 hour ago, Pointy said:

One minor bug with the Breeding Plan...

When I add  a new dino to the library it is not used when clicking 'Determine Best Breeding' until I restart the app.

Thanks, will be fixed in the next version.

Just now, panteni87 said:

If this where on a mobile app i'd download and use it. But i guess 1 isn't enough :D

Hehe thanks. I have to see how to design it for a small screen. But no promise :)

On 02/04/2016 at 11:08 PM, cad said:

@MrDynamicMan thought about a mobile app, but I'm not sure if the small screen of a mobile would allow a good user experience. Do you think there's a demand for that?

Absolutely. Just look at the success of Dododex. 

This tool is extremely useful, and I'm sure it will be very popular. Just make sure to give it an easy to navigate UI and clean aesthetic, and it's off to the races. 

So after using this tool for a week now I'm in love with it :D

It's SO helpful to keep track of the dinos and most of all to figure out the stats of my old dinos that I leveled up without writing down the tamed stats beforehand !

One thing I would love to see added is a way for me to input stats and have the tool tell me what level that dino would be.

What I mean is this : I'm breeding 2 of my beavers at the moment and yes the tool gives me the best and worst outcome and that's pretty nice, but food isn't a stat I care about at all so I would happily settle for the best of all other stats but food, meaning when I see the baby be born I wish I could at a glance know if I finally managed to get what I'm looking for or if I should just kill it and try again.

So if I could either tell the tool which stat from each parent I expect to get or just input them, weakest food stat included and have it tell me : that would be a level xxx dino I would know that if I see the max level or that other lower one I probably have what I'm looking for, otherwise I can just kill it and try again.

And maybe also a way to ell the tool not to show me mating that would lead to inbreeding ? I know at the moment the game doesn't care and it's not as if I have a moral problem with 0 and 1's inbreeding :P

But I know the devs said that sooner or later they'll give penalties to inbreeding and the offspring would be worst than the parents so I decided to just do as if that feature was already ingame because it may be retroactive when it's released and I would hate to lose my best dinos after all the effort I went through to breed them.

So, of course, I can check by myself if there is a problem or not with the pairings the tool shows me but it would be easier if I could just check a box and have the tool just not give me those options.

Now I may be the only crazy one not taking advantage of the inbreeding possibilities atm and so that option would be a waste of time but I thought I would ask just in case other people would like that same feature :P

@JezaGaia Thanks! Some good suggestions for the breeding levels, I'm planning to extend the breeding-plan part of the tool, this will help you in seeing which offspring is the best faster.

Regarding the inbreeding: Currently the details of the breeding phase 2 are not known, so it's unclear how much the relationship of the dinos will have an effect on the offspring. There are many ways this could be implemented, so currently I'm waiting for this feature to be released before I put work in features that will not help later. The latest ETA for the new breeding-system is in two days, so maybe you'll see a new version of the tool this weekend that considers inbreeding. But no promises, as I don't know how complex the new system will be.

@cad  I'm glad you liked my suggestion :D

For the inbreeding thing I completely understand , I didn't know that the system would be implemented so soon ingame, they have been delaying it for a while and I stopped checking the patch notes for future updates a while ago : too frustrating :P I only check once they're installed.

But I thought about it after reading your comment and I can see how even if it wasn't implemented quickly it would still be a waste of time to try and guess what they'll make of it, because I was thinking of inbreeding in terms of parents/grandparents etc and siblings but what if cousins count too ? So you're right too much to guess.

In any case as I told you I was just writing the suggestion just in case but wasn't really sure it was a good idea so no worries :)

And no worries either if inbreeding is patched and it takes you a while to implement it into the tool, it's already wonderful that you made such a great one for us to use !

On 4/5/2016 at 0:48 PM, cad said:

Thanks, will be fixed in the next version.

Hehe thanks. I have to see how to design it for a small screen. But no promise :)

A little update, having added more dinos and species. I have discovered that I don't have to restart the app but need to switch species and back to get newly added dinos used in the breeding plan. (also if no species is selected, clicking the button will cause an exception)

Another thing, are the breeding multipliers working correctly? Increasing the multiplier is increasing the time!

Regards,

Les

5 hours ago, Pointy said:

A little update, having added more dinos and species. I have discovered that I don't have to restart the app but need to switch species and back to get newly added dinos used in the breeding plan. (also if no species is selected, clicking the button will cause an exception)

Another thing, are the breeding multipliers working correctly? Increasing the multiplier is increasing the time!

Regards,

Les

Hi, do you use the current version 0.18.6? These bugs should be fixed already. If they're still occuring, give me a note.

17 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, do you use the current version 0.18.6? These bugs should be fixed already. If they're still occuring, give me a note.

Thanks for the reply, I didn't notice the update, the patch notes on main page still say 0.18, I'll check it out.

Can I make a suggestion to put a timer with sound alert on the breeding planner tab, next to the times. I have lost count of the number of babies that have died because I forgot about them. :$

Regards,

Les

On 21.4.2016 at 9:32 AM, Pointy said:

Thanks for the reply, I didn't notice the update, the patch notes on main page still say 0.18, I'll check it out.

Can I make a suggestion to put a timer with sound alert on the breeding planner tab, next to the times. I have lost count of the number of babies that have died because I forgot about them. :$

Regards,

Les

Hi, I'm working on a timer, expect it around next week.

10 hours ago, guymn999 said:

Sorry if this has been answered but i could not find it, will there be support for Rhinos and Bears soon?

Hi, I added the stat-values, but they're based on ingame tests, not devkit-data. There might be some deviations. To get the data, click on the Menu ? -> Check for Updated Stats.

4 hours ago, cad said:

Uh, that's a bug. Thanks for reporting.

I also updated the stats to get the direbear and manta and just after that I tried adding a gigantopethicus and it was added as a kairuku , restarted the tool and it was fixed.

Though I would let you know because even though it was just after adding the new dinos it happened on old ones so it's a bit different than what guymn999 reported.

15 minutes ago, JezaGaia said:

I also updated the stats to get the direbear and manta and just after that I tried adding a gigantopethicus and it was added as a kairuku , restarted the tool and it was fixed.

Though I would let you know because even though it was just after adding the new dinos it happened on old ones so it's a bit different than what guymn999 reported.

Thanks for the note! That's the same bug, it'll be fixed in the next version. The new creatures just pushed the entries in the species-list and the appropriate indices then are wrong until a restart.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2016 at 6:39 PM, cad said:

Yes, the stat-values of the creatures will be different, and so the tool needs to know what your new multipliers are. Set them in the settings (File -> Settings...) to match them to your server-settings.

My server has different multipliers so i changed these in the settings but i am still getting red stat boxes. Have i entered them wrong?

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0]=0.3
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8]=0.3
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0]=0.75
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8]=0.75
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0]=0.3
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8]=0.3

Stats.png

6 hours ago, CleanCrazyy said:

My server has different multipliers so i changed these in the settings but i am still getting red stat boxes. Have i entered them wrong?

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0]=0.3
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8]=0.3
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0]=0.75
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8]=0.75
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0]=0.3
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8]=0.3

Stats.png

If the posted multipliers are the only ones that are changed, you must only change these in the tool. 0 is HP and 8 is Damage. All the other multipliers for TameAdd and TameAff should be on 1 probably.

On 5/19/2016 at 4:50 PM, cad said:

If the posted multipliers are the only ones that are changed, you must only change these in the tool. 0 is HP and 8 is Damage. All the other multipliers for TameAdd and TameAff should be on 1 probably.

Yea i realized that a few mins later so yea i only changed the health and melee so it works for most tames however i found that the food and damage on one of my quetz was still red.

would be cool to have the probability for the worse possible breed (like we have the best one) as well as maybe a third line showing the most probable result. 

Also, it would be cool for actual value to be written as tooltip when you over the wild level values (for instance in the best possible breed preview, hovering 28 in the hp column on a bronto breed would output "hp:13992.1" as tooltip

Edited by Jey123456