tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

• 3 weeks later...

This has probably been addressed but I haven't been able to find it from searching.

After exporting my dino data and then importing the exported data, I mistakenly named 2 dinos the same name. After renaming the dino in ARK, re-exporting the data, then re-importing the exported data, it doesn't detect the name change. For example, 2 were named 2F1 and one of then should be named 2F5.

I would think that renaming dinos is fairly common, and dinos are unique based on DinoID1/DinoID2 (based on the exported ini file), so dino name changes are updated within the app.

Did I do something wrong? I know I can update the name both in ARK and the app, but I was doing something wrong in the app that didn't detect the name change.

On 8/15/2019 at 2:29 AM, DJQuad said:

After exporting my dino data and then importing the exported data, I mistakenly named 2 dinos the same name. After renaming the dino in ARK, re-exporting the data, then re-importing the exported data, it doesn't detect the name change. For example, 2 were named 2F1 and one of then should be named 2F5.

The ARK-id is only saved in ASB if you don't change anything in the input fields (the id needs to be unique and assigned to only the correct creature). If you import values and then click `Extract` again, it will assume the creature is not the one you imported. When you add a creature to the library you should see at the top an info-text like "Creature of the exported file <path of the export-file>". If that is not there, the id will not be saved.

Let me know if the issue persists, but I think that's the cause.

Thanks, I'll try that.

I'm having some problems importing some dinos, and I think it's because I'm using custom values on my server. I dragged the GameUserSettings.ini and Game.ini to the settings menu but it didn't import some settings.

Where are these values in the ini files?
Max Tamed Levelups
Max Graph Level
Max Total Level

• 4 weeks later...

[ARKSmart Breeding ] Cryopods

Hello all,

I'm kind of a new player. I hope it's ok to ask this question here. 

I've been using the smart breeding application for quite awhile. I don't know all the ins and outs but it's been handy to read in our LAN server's "TheIsland.ark" file and see all the dinos as my kids can't be bothered to keep track of stats on dinos they tame. I'm using version 0.30.1.0, the current version as far as I know.

I've recently started using cryopods. It seems I'm unable to view dinos in a cryopod when I read in the server file. I know I have some Tapejera's but they don't show either. (Maybe they're in cryopods?)

On the GitHub page it claims this was fixed in a previous version. So I'm guessing I have a setting that's wrong.

I've made sure the "Show Cryopod Creatures" checkbox on the "View" tab in the bottom left of the Library page is checked. Also the top "View" menu has a checkbox for "Cryopod Creatures". I've checked that as well.

Any other things I should be doing?

Thanks!

On 8/17/2019 at 11:08 PM, DJQuad said:

Thanks, I'll try that.

I'm having some problems importing some dinos, and I think it's because I'm using custom values on my server. I dragged the GameUserSettings.ini and Game.ini to the settings menu but it didn't import some settings.

Where are these values in the ini files?
Max Tamed Levelups
Max Graph Level
Max Total Level

Max Tamed Levelups can be changed by stating the needed xp for each level with `ExperiencePointsForLevel`-commands (see https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/530646715633129364/ ). 

Set Max Graph level to what value you think looks best in your library, it has only visual effects on some colors. Usually a value of 1/3 of the max wild level is a good start.

Max Total level ist the DestroyTamesOverLevelClamp. Set it to 0 to disable the highlighting of creatures that exceed this level.

On 9/10/2019 at 3:24 PM, urb0123 said:

Hello all,

I don't know how much time the creator of the Smart Breeding app spend on these forums, it's a third-party app and he's not affiliated with WildCard. You'll probably get better results if you go to his web site and look for a place there to ask this question.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 9/10/2019 at 3:24 PM, urb0123 said:

Hello all,

I've been using the smart breeding application for quite awhile. I don't know all the ins and outs but it's been handy to read in our LAN server's "TheIsland.ark" file and see all the dinos as my kids can't be bothered to keep track of stats on dinos they tame. I'm using version 0.30.1.0, the current version as far as I know.

I've recently started using cryopods. It seems I'm unable to view dinos in a cryopod when I read in the server file. I know I have some Tapejera's but they don't show either. (Maybe they're in cryopods?)

On the GitHub page it claims this was fixed in a previous version. So I'm guessing I have a setting that's wrong.

I've made sure the "Show Cryopod Creatures" checkbox on the "View" tab in the bottom left of the Library page is checked. Also the top "View" menu has a checkbox for "Cryopod Creatures". I've checked that as well.

Any other things I should be doing?

Thanks!

Merged your thread here.

3 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

I don't know how much time the creator of the Smart Breeding app spend on these forums, it's a third-party app and he's not affiliated with WildCard. You'll probably get better results if you go to his web site and look for a place there to ask this question.

Active enough; he posted above 2 hours ago.

• 2 weeks later...

@cad

Not sure if this is intentional or me misunderstanding something or not seeing an option somewhere, minor issue in the great scheme of things, but since the latest version, if I have an animal with all of the top stats it's no longer displayed in yellow instead of green. This was a very useful thing for me to quickly identify it so just wondering if I've missed a new setting or something somewhere or if perhaps it's an impact of the new stats being added?

5 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

Not sure if this is intentional or me misunderstanding something or not seeing an option somewhere, minor issue in the great scheme of things, but since the latest version, if I have an animal with all of the top stats it's no longer displayed in yellow instead of green. This was a very useful thing for me to quickly identify it so just wondering if I've missed a new setting or something somewhere or if perhaps it's an impact of the new stats being added?

It's a bug and will be fixed in the next release 0.33.3.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

Hi @cad not sure if this just got missed or forgotten about but still not fixed in 0.34.1.0

There was also an issue of loading the considered stats correctly, so probably you have to set the stats again to the ones you are interested in (usually HP, St, We, Dm). For that settings see in the library at the bottom left, choose the tab called `Stats` (you might have to click on the small arrow to the right), select the desired stats and click on `Apply` at the bottom.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

On 11/17/2019 at 6:14 PM, babe84 said:

Something is wrong With the New update only shows 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  in the zones on  the program where you should see the color numbers

This is fixed in the latest version.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:47 AM, Giorgino87 said:

Will you add the feature to extract also data of dino in cryopods? Tribe ownership can be determined by ownership of the cryofridge they are inside. This would be useful for us, as we have most dino in cryofridges

It's on the todo-list. No ETA yet.

On 11/23/2019 at 1:12 AM, GKnee said:

ok, i havent read all 25 pages of notes! but i have read the 1st and last pages, is there some sort of instructions on how to use this somewhere that ive missed? and if so, where plz?

Hi, there are some videos and written guides, see https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/wiki/External-Resources

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey @cad just a quick heads up that whilst making my own viewer tool for ARK I was able to determine how to amend the underlying toolkits to read in cryo creatures.

If this is something you want to include in your own system  please check out my fork of it at https://github.com/Miragesoftware/ArkSavegameToolkit

They will bubble up as tamed creatures with a new object property - .IsCryo that will be true if that tame is in a cryopod.

Regards

MirageUK

(edit)

The previous fork of my code was wrong.  Missing variables and such preventing compile.  Made various changes following code review on GitHub and now working as expected.

Edited by MirageUK
Fixed toolkit code following Github code review of my pull request.
  • Thanks 1

Has someone already made a list of "Stat Weighting Presets" along with their theory of why they came up with a given set of numbers? For me, I simply confirmed with my wife the following: "Oxygen doesn't matter, Food doesn't matter, set those to -0.1. Now give me a rank list of those that do matter? So HP 1.0, WE 1.1, DM 1.2, ST 1.3"

This was for Argents, "general usage". I know if I want certain specific targets such as for fighting, or for animals other than Argies, I'll need to come up with different values. But I'm not comfortable that what I picked and how I went about it is going to be the best utility values in the long run.

Who else has come up with not only better numbers, but the "why" of why their numbers are better for a given animal, given intended usage? If this kind of info could somehow be built as "guides" in future releases of ASB, that would be a huge help! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/29/2016 at 2:15 PM, cad said:

Forgot to note the stats of a creature before leveling up? This tool helps to retreive the values that matter for breeding. Now you can also save your extracted stats in a library, see which creature has the best stats and view the pedigree of your pets. Sort your library to see which creatures are the best for breeding and compare which stats are inherited to the offspring.

Feedback is welcome. Also I'm looking forward to see some awesome pedigrees, share yours if you got a nice breed.

The latest version can be downloaded here: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/releases/latest

extractor.png

library.png

pedigree.png

• 3 weeks later...