tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

2 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, I've never tested the app with so many creatures. Theoretically there is no limit (only system-dependant like the filesize or overflow-issues), at some point the performance probably is just too bad to use it. Maybe you can just backup the library-file and remove all unneeded creatures from the working-library. You can always readd creatures from another library with File - Load and Add…. This might result in duplicates though, which cannot be handled well yet.

Thanks for the reply @cad not an issue with the performance of the machine (running on a 16 disk hardware raid array with i7 processor and 16GB RAM) so obviously just hit the limitations of what the XML can realistically handle and perform reasonably at. I'll clear the history out a bit on the rex line and that should hopefully resove the issue (although my OCD is gonna go nuts not having it all there lol)

Happy to send you the xml file if it's any use to you for testing "real world" larger files.

Edited by IanHighlander

Hello, @Cad

Love the work, ran into what i think is a small issue. TLDR, small gripe to select remaining best male in the library list with alt color if needed? so instead of green orange or yellow or sky blue? something to indicate worthy male.

FqbhFVe.pngran into something else about the top stats organization: p8hgZlj.pngshouldn't that be the rex ratio's? yes we can change things ourselves but some people might be breeding bad batches otherwise.

^ By this list you can see Females are the only selected breed worth while to use, shouldn't 1 male be considered in the library list?

Before i got 1 tame that altered the entire list, i was killing off whatever became obsolete but that would leave me with no males to breed with. (Decided to go with one of the suggested males in the breeding plan.)  However the issue i bring up is if i didn't check that these were all female i would have no males and be stuck (till i managed to find one suitable enough) as many of the ladies obtained some amazing stat points this is nearly impossible. (I tried the only 2 points left are the dreaded HP and DMG (mut/bonus/tames) that almost never come around.(I'd need above 47...GL me.)

Just a thoughtful critique if it counts at all, I could just be careful luckily i caught it, anywho feel free to ignore :) if its not worth the time to address. 

Edit:

Just want to add i could be totally wrong and i am fine with that learning whats what with breeding...

Edited by zeroBurnAcidCool
fix spell errorz

On 9/3/2018 at 8:43 PM, IanHighlander said:

Thanks for the reply @cad not an issue with the performance of the machine (running on a 16 disk hardware raid array with i7 processor and 16GB RAM) so obviously just hit the limitations of what the XML can realistically handle and perform reasonably at. I'll clear the history out a bit on the rex line and that should hopefully resove the issue (although my OCD is gonna go nuts not having it all there lol)

Happy to send you the xml file if it's any use to you for testing "real world" larger files.

Sure, if you can upload the library-file somewhere, not sure if you can send files via pm here. Just another question, do you use the autosave and autoload-feature (for sharing the library with other players via a cloud-service)? This could decrease the performance further.

On 9/4/2018 at 4:43 AM, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

small gripe to select remaining best male in the library list with alt color if needed? so instead of green orange or yellow or sky blue? something to indicate worthy male.

Only creatures that have a top-stat are marked green. If no male is highlighted green, none of your males have a stat that would be worth for breeding, i.e. you can take any male and breed it with a green female and hope that all or at least many stats are passed on only by the female (because the male only has bad ones). If there is a male among the offspring that inherited one top-stat of the female, it will be hightlighted green as well. Even if you kill all creatures that are not green and are left with no males, that would be no loss regarding top-stats. If you take a low-level male and continue breeding with that, that would not lower the probability or quality of the goal to breed a creature with all the top-stats (because there was no male with a worth top-stat anyway).

Regarding the weighting, what exactly do you mean? The posted values seem to be good if you focus on the common wanted stats, but others might want different weightings. You can save and load weighting-presets (right-click on the weighting-control) to have different sets for different species.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cad said:

Sure, if you can upload the library-file somewhere, not sure if you can send files via pm here. Just another question, do you use the autosave and autoload-feature (for sharing the library with other players via a cloud-service)? This could decrease the performance further.

I've PM'd you all the details (including a link to the file), if I've missed any info or you need antyhing else, let me know. :)

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2018 at 3:50 AM, BubbaCrawfish said:

Redownload it or look for the runtimes you are missing.

It's surely one of those would be the reason. Be sure that your anti-virus isn't messing about with it (As that can break programs running with their scans, and also a corrupted file can demonstrate the same kind of behavior.)

My .net was out of date

Guest BubbaCrawfish
4 hours ago, shinryet said:

My .net was out of date

Excellent. It's always a good plan to install those runtimes from the right places. ;) Good to see you got it sussed out.

On 9/9/2018 at 11:51 AM, IanHighlander said:

I've PM'd you all the details (including a link to the file), if I've missed any info or you need antyhing else, let me know. :)

Hi, I loaded the file and tested adding creatures, I don't see any remarkable performance-issues (from clicking "Add to library" to the displayed list of creatures in the library it takes at most 1.0 s). What are the actions that take too long? Do you have autosave / autoload enabled?

13 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, I loaded the file and tested adding creatures, I don't see any remarkable performance-issues (from clicking "Add to library" to the displayed list of creatures in the library it takes at most 1.0 s). What are the actions that take too long? Do you have autosave / autoload enabled?

Hi @cad

It seems to be whenever you add new information to a field within an existing animal record for the first time that the problem occurs.

An example of my usual process is:

• Export a dino from Ark using the ingame option.
  • Import into ASB (this is usually nearly instant)
  • Edit new animal to add parental information (which doesn't get imported for some reason is this something that could be added or is it just not included in the export xml?)
  • Hit the button to save/update the animal.

At that point it will lock up completely, if left alone for 5 to 10 minutes it will save correctly and eventually switch back to the library screen.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on the process/when the problem occurred, hopefully the above allows you to test more accurately, my bad, I should have been more specific. The problem seems to occur whenever you edit an animal and add information to a field that previously didn't have any information in it. Editing a field with existing information in it works quickly it's just that one type of thing that seems to cause the slow down.

I do have auto save on but not autoload as shown in the screenshot I sent you of my settings.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 3:15 AM, girlygirlgamer322 said:

There is no "Read values from ark window" button, how do I do this without having to manually input each data point?

If you play on steam, I recommend to try the export-function. If you prefer the OCR, you have to enable the button in the general settings.

On 11/6/2018 at 3:03 PM, KingLnthenorth said:

does anyone know the values to use for ark mobile? i seem to be getting some errors even using the original flyers.

afaik the mobile version use the stat-values of a version around a year ago, but not sure if that's true for all species. You can try and download old versions and use their values.json.

• 2 weeks later...

been using this tool for a while now, it's so great! but i just noticed something in one of my recent breedings that has got me majorly scratching my head. it seems like it's completely wrong, but no error messages come up telling me what setting i might have forgotten. i read something about imprinted dinos having higher stats, but that shouldn't count towards their breeding value, right? so... i don't know what happened. no mutations, either. just babies with lower stamina than either parent, and higher weight than either parent. i'm so confused. someone please help.

wtf.png

On 9/13/2018 at 12:29 PM, IanHighlander said:

Hi @cad

It seems to be whenever you add new information to a field within an existing animal record for the first time that the problem occurs.

An example of my usual process is:

• Export a dino from Ark using the ingame option.
  • Import into ASB (this is usually nearly instant)
  • Edit new animal to add parental information (which doesn't get imported for some reason is this something that could be added or is it just not included in the export xml?)
  • Hit the button to save/update the animal.

At that point it will lock up completely, if left alone for 5 to 10 minutes it will save correctly and eventually switch back to the library screen.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on the process/when the problem occurred, hopefully the above allows you to test more accurately, my bad, I should have been more specific. The problem seems to occur whenever you edit an animal and add information to a field that previously didn't have any information in it. Editing a field with existing information in it works quickly it's just that one type of thing that seems to cause the slow down.

I do have auto save on but not autoload as shown in the screenshot I sent you of my settings.

Hi, Dodocooker found a reason why loading a library with many dinos can take long and also provided a fix. They said a library with 20k creatures loaded in 10 min before, and in around 5 s after that fix. The reason for that is that ASB performed a sort of the library after each creature it added to the view (e.g. it would sort the library for 20k times with 20k creatures), which I wasn't aware of. I haven't tested the fix myself, but it sounds very promising and is probably also the solution for your issue. I will release that fix at most in a few days.

On 11/27/2018 at 1:38 AM, AlphaGodith said:

been using this tool for a while now, it's so great! but i just noticed something in one of my recent breedings that has got me majorly scratching my head. it seems like it's completely wrong, but no error messages come up telling me what setting i might have forgotten. i read something about imprinted dinos having higher stats, but that shouldn't count towards their breeding value, right? so... i don't know what happened. no mutations, either. just babies with lower stamina than either parent, and higher weight than either parent. i'm so confused. someone please help.

wtf.png

Hi, probably some of these creatures were not extracted correctly. If you hit "Extract levels", the tool cannot determine the levels every time, for some stats there are multiple possible level distributions. In this case, you have to click on a yellow stat and select one option in the list on the right. Also see https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/wiki/Manual#what-to-do-if-a-stat-is-yellow for this. The number of additional options will increase, the more levels you put in a creature, so it's advised to extract creatures as soon as they hatch or are tamed. In your case, you can re-extract the values by right-clicking on a creature and select "copy values to extractor". you have to set the parents anew then.

11 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, Dodocooker found a reason why loading a library with many dinos can take long and also provided a fix. They said a library with 20k creatures loaded in 10 min before, and in around 5 s after that fix. The reason for that is that ASB performed a sort of the library after each creature it added to the view (e.g. it would sort the library for 20k times with 20k creatures), which I wasn't aware of. I haven't tested the fix myself, but it sounds very promising and is probably also the solution for your issue. I will release that fix at most in a few days.

Thanks for the persistence @cad (and Dodocooker). :)

• 3 weeks later...

@cad

I caught a conversation on github where you mentioned data-mining in order to create a json and load data up for mods that add in new dinos.  Specifically, I am working with Extinction Core.  I do plan to post to the dev there, but considering I found a number of requests several years old *shrug*, I probably need to figure this out for myself.  When using the data-mining tedious method could you elaborate a bit on the process to get these values?  I'm not that familiar with the breeding mechanics yet so I'm not entirely sure how to get this information.  I'm just a bit lost on what levels I need to spawn in and how I actually grind down to the Base, wildLevel, tamedLevel, tamingAdd, tamingAffinity values.  Thank you for any assistance.

11 hours ago, FrostByghte said:

I'm just a bit lost on what levels I need to spawn in and how I actually grind down to the Base, wildLevel, tamedLevel, tamingAdd, tamingAffinity values.

It's best to have a mod like super spyglass, that shows the levels. For the base values, spawn in a level 1 creature and note all the stat values (if you don't have the super spyglass or similar, knock it out). For the wildLevel spawn in some level 10 creatures, they should have 1-2 levels in each stat, look for the lowest increase compared to the base-stat. For the tamingAdd you need to tame a creature, preferable a level 1 creature. Hit it some times to make the taming effectiveness (TE) low, preferable to 0 % if possible. After taming, note the difference in the stats, that's the tameAdd value. For the tameAffinity, tame some level 1 creatures with different TE to get the according values. See https://ark.gamepedia.com/Creature_Stats_Calculation for information about the used formulas.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for response! i figure the most reliable way to get stats is to import savegame instead of using the overlay all the time. updated to latest version and havein' some new issues tho... no top stats! like... every dino now has '0' percent top stats, and all the colors indicating stat quality are super faded. what happened?

On 12/26/2018 at 5:29 PM, AlphaGodith said:

thanks for response! i figure the most reliable way to get stats is to import savegame instead of using the overlay all the time. updated to latest version and havein' some new issues tho... no top stats! like... every dino now has '0' percent top stats, and all the colors indicating stat quality are super faded. what happened?

Hi, that was a bug. It's fixed in 0.29.3.2.

12 hours ago, gho5tlike5wayze said:

Probably not a concern,  but whenever I went to https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/releases/tag/v0.29.3.2 to download the newest version, Defender flags the setup file as containing Trojan:Win32/Cloxer.D!cl

Anything I should be concerned about, or is Defender just being dumb?

This happens sometimes if the new version is not yet distributed a lot. Malware scanner often use heuristics to find potential malicious software and can have false positives. I didn't include any virus of course, but don't take the word of a stranger on the internet regarding malware and decide yourself if you want to use the file. You can check the file you downloaded on online-scanners, e.g. https://www.virustotal.com , for me 1/69 scanners flagged the file as suspicious.

On 1/8/2019 at 6:08 AM, Voxhound said:

this may be an answered question or maybe just dumb but is there any way i can use this for ark mobile? if so how? i saw it may use outdated json files but is there anything else to watch out for? even if i had to manually enteer stats your a brilliant human being for coming up with this

People said that version https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/releases/tag/v0.22.1 works for extracting creatures on the mobile version. Maybe you can also just take the values.json from that version and copy it to the current version.

On 1/15/2019 at 3:30 PM, minipin123abc said:

is there a different app i cant open this 1 even if i extract

If you downloaded the release you should have a .exe-file which can be opened on windows 7 or later. The application does not run on mobiles.