tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

On 5/23/2018 at 3:40 AM, MongoTaca said:

I might just be using the app wrong, By when using OCR it only tracks the Torpor and Weight. It also incorrectly records the names. After manually inserting the stats, Torpor and Weight were red, although being correct. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just the app. But I could really use some help

Hi, you need to have loaded the correct ocr-config-file. You can also use the export-feature ingame and import the exported files which yields always the correct values and may be easier to use. If the stats are red, you probably have not set the stat-multipliers to the values of the server you're playing on. Consider to join the discord-server where people can probably help you faster than here.

Hi @cad

Slightly weird bug. I added a colour region to one of my Thylas in ASB and saved it, however when it saved, the colour region jumped to a different cat in the list (the top in the list if that makes any difference) and not the one I set it on (and yeah, I'm sure I did it on the right cat in the first place lol).

I thought "oh well, thats ok, little bug but I can clear it using the new button to clear all colour regions". Edit cat, press button, regions disappear, click save, colour still listed against that cat in the library ? ?

If you need anything from me to investigate this, just shout :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if someone already had the same problem, I didn't find any post.

I used to always put in the stats myself until a friend told me I could just press "extract levels" while looking at the stats ingame and it would auto extract the stats for me. It never worked for me. I "reinstalled" the breeding tool, played ark in windowed/fullscreen and put the breeding tool folder in different locations on my computer but still it wont work.

It just says "Extraction failed. See the following list of possible causes..."

What am I doing wrong?

15 hours ago, Okinii said:

I used to always put in the stats myself until a friend told me I could just press "extract levels" while looking at the stats ingame and it would auto extract the stats for me. It never worked for me. I "reinstalled" the breeding tool, played ark in windowed/fullscreen and put the breeding tool folder in different locations on my computer but still it wont work.

It just says "Extraction failed. See the following list of possible causes..."

What am I doing wrong?

Hi, there are multiple things you want to do:

• Automatically put in the values so you don't have to write them manually. This can be done by
    • using the OCR, which will make a screenshot and then tries to read the numbers in the inventory. For this you need to load a specific config-file that was made for the resolution and the UI-scaling you use. The configs are in the folder json/ and start with `ocr_` followed by the resolution and the UI-scaling. If you don't find a file for your resolution, you can create one yourself, but that needs some work. See https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/wiki/OCR for more infos. OCR is not perfect and you might have to correct the values.
    • using the export-function of ARK (look at creature, hold E, choose Options - Export Data) and import that file into Smart Breeding. This has the advantage of having always the correct numbers and it also has the color-infos and the parents (if they were imported in the same way). To configure this importing, see Settings - Import Exported
  • See the creature levels directly ingame with an overlay
    • For this you need a working OCR-config-file that can read the values (see above), and you need to enable Settings - General - Overlay - Automatically extract inventory levels
  • Making the extraction work in general
    • If the extraction does not work even if you put in the values manually, then you probably have not set the stat-multipliers according to the server settings.

Guest LadyValkyrie

The overlay isn't working for me and says it cannot work with this resolution. My resolution is... 2560x1440

Edited by LadyValkyrie

15 hours ago, PrincessPixie said:

The overlay isn't working for me and says it cannot work with this resolution. My resolution is... 2560x1440

Hi, go to the "Experimental OCR'-tab, on the right there is a button "load OCR config…", click on that and choose the file "ocr_2560x1440_100.json", which is the one you need for your resolution.

20 hours ago, Midwaybumblebee said:

Is there any way of using this on a chrome book or tablet?  

It's a .NET-application, so if you somehow can install the .NET-framework, it should run. There's also mono that allows to run .NET-applications on other OS like linux, maybe you can install mono on the chromebook (mono-project.com).

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 2:36 PM, OzKombatWombat said:

Hey Cad, I'm just curious as to what the breeding value is meant to represent when your taming/tamed a dino, never really paid much mind to it till now haha. For an example we've tamed a rex with 387.2 dmg but the breeding value states 396.3 what is that indicating ?. Love the tool btw

Hi, the breeding-value is the value that the offspring will have if it inherits the stat of this creature. It can be different to the current stat because of some boni the offspring could get (e.g. damage or food) or if the parent-creature is already leveled (these increases are not inherited).

On 6/24/2018 at 1:32 PM, ShinJitsuwa said:

Is there a fix? 
It always add 14 on dmg example: it has 400% dmg the calculator makes 14400% 
and same for speed it always shows 1000000% speed
(just with the overlay)
http://prntscr.com/jyooqy

Hi, that means the OCR (the recognition of the numbers) isn't correct. You can try to adjust the labels where it reads the numbers (sometimes the labels overlap with the stat-name, especially in German, where "Bewegungsgeschwindigkeit" is a very long word). See https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/wiki/OCR for more infos.

Hi Cad,

i just found your program and was eager to test it. So i did.

At first i tried the OCR, which did not work, probably because i have two monitors (i read, there are difficulties), so i switched to the export-option, which seems to be the better option anyway. Here the problems started to become interesting.

In short: I always get another result, but never a really good one, when i tried to "import all unimported".

At first it seemed to work and showed only a few dinos, that needed manual configuration. Here is the first problem: No matter what i do, the dino will be listed as "not yet exported", even if i add them to the library. The same goes for every dino i try to manually add from the export-list. This does not really hinders me from using the data in my library, but i am worried, that they contain errors.

The next problem is way worse: Not every dino is added to the library, even if the program marks them green and says, they are. Here the differing starts. With every test the dinos that are not included change.

Spoiler

NotReallyImported.thumb.png.db6f1fecf2ad1966f16514bdcd8f2c95.png

Since this feature seems to be pretty new, the videos i found, do not explain it, which is why i am not sure, if i simply am to stupid to use it right, or if this is a bug.

I fed the program my game.ini and gameUserSettings.ini, so the settings should be allright.

I hope you can help, since the tool itself looks nice, and i would like to use it.^^

@cad

Having a weird problem since the last couple of builds that I've just put up with up until now, but I guess you should know about it. It may be something on my system (in which case I'm very keen to know what as nothing else does this), but ASB works fine while its being actively used, however, leave it idle for any length of time and it crashes the next time you click anything within it. This is 100% reproducable and does it every single time the program has been left idle for a length of time (sorry I don''t know what the actual time it takes to trigger this happening is).

Windows event log has two entries as below every time this happens.

Event ID: 1000

Faulting application name: ARK Smart Breeding.exe, version: 0.28.6.0, time stamp: 0x5b251e51
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.7.3131.0, time stamp: 0x5b19fd0a
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x00454dfd
Faulting process id: 0x3160
Faulting application start time: 0x01d41b667867757d
Faulting application path: Q:\ARK Smart Breeding\ARK Smart Breeding.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: f3ad99b8-b8a1-417d-96db-1574d50b4032
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

And

Event ID: 1001

Fault bucket 2232510505958811364, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: ARK Smart Breeding.exe
P2: 0.28.6.0
P3: 5b251e51
P4: clr.dll
P5: 4.7.3131.0
P6: 5b19fd0a
P7: c00000fd
P8: 00454dfd
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER5EC5.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER628F.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER62AF.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER62AD.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER62BE.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_ARK Smart Breedi_5925b34d66af4d38c32fb99d781f3fe929f18a26_31afa21f_22866656

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: f3ad99b8-b8a1-417d-96db-1574d50b4032
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 423ee62c61a49a2a4efb787a1100a6e4
Cab Guid: 0

Unfortunatley none of the dump files are present where they say they are in the report. The only file that is there is the Windows error report file in the archive (attached).

Let me know if you need anything from me.

Report.wer

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, shinryet said:

Okay so i actually cant get the program open everytime i open it i get an unhandled exception could not load type

Redownload it or look for the runtimes you are missing.

It's surely one of those would be the reason. Be sure that your anti-virus isn't messing about with it (As that can break programs running with their scans, and also a corrupted file can demonstrate the same kind of behavior.)

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, liamjoehales said:

Hey, I just downloaded the tool and I can't find where I turn on classic flyers. Is it a button in a settings page or is it more complicated than that? I'm horrible with computers but love ark breeding for stats.

File -> Load additional values… -> select classicFlyers.json

On 8/21/2018 at 11:11 PM, LolaKayt said:

I love this program but I am having one problem.. I can load any dino EXCEPT my argents which are what I want to breed. I have checked mulitpliers etc and it work for everything except them so far. Any suggestions?

Hi, it's probably related to an update of the mod classic flyers. The values in Smart Breeding for that are not yet updated. Someone on the smart breeding discord server (in the news channel) created an updated file that should work. A new release with an updated file is planned for tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @cad

Is there a maximum usable number of animals that ASB can cope with in a single XML file?

I've kept my entire Rex breeding line history in it and I'm having an issue where it can take up to 5 minutes to save when I add a new one now, quite often going to "Not Responding" in the process (if left alone it comes back and completes the save).

Is it just simply a case of clearing out a load of the old no longer relevant (i.e. dead) rexes from the software? or is this indicitive of a problem?

Checking my xml file it's 1.26MB in size, stats from the status bar in ASB below:

image.thumb.png.0855b928b2d76b1f9bb6466860faea25.png

6 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

Hi @cad

Is there a maximum usable number of animals that ASB can cope with in a single XML file?

I've kept my entire Rex breeding line history in it and I'm having an issue where it can take up to 5 minutes to save when I add a new one now, quite often going to "Not Responding" in the process (if left alone it comes back and completes the save).

Is it just simply a case of clearing out a load of the old no longer relevant (i.e. dead) rexes from the software? or is this indicitive of a problem?

Checking my xml file it's 1.26MB in size, stats from the status bar in ASB below:

image.thumb.png.0855b928b2d76b1f9bb6466860faea25.png

Hi, I've never tested the app with so many creatures. Theoretically there is no limit (only system-dependant like the filesize or overflow-issues), at some point the performance probably is just too bad to use it. Maybe you can just backup the library-file and remove all unneeded creatures from the working-library. You can always readd creatures from another library with File - Load and Add…. This might result in duplicates though, which cannot be handled well yet.