tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

Having a hard time extracting bary health with the latest version where as with older versions it works fine. All values are correct even toggling event and exact and messing with imprint % doesn't help, also tried telling it stats weren't leveled didn't change the result. Open to ideas and I can provide any info.

Edited by BlackPanther36

5 hours ago, BlackPanther36 said:

Having a hard time extracting bary health with the latest version where as with older versions it works fine. All values are correct even toggling event and exact and messing with imprint % doesn't help, also tried telling it stats weren't leveled didn't change the result. Open to ideas and I can provide any info.

Hi, what are your server-multipliers?

3 hours ago, BlackPanther36 said:

It's a rounding-issue with high-level creatures. Set the Imprinting-Bonus to `99.36` % and click on `Exactly, don't adjust`. The extractor adjusts it to `99.36115` % (which is the mean of the most probable exact values) which will make it fail. I'll see if I can tweak the algorithm to handle cases like this better.

1 hour ago, BlackPanther36 said:

Worked, thank you @cad, the one thing I didn't try XD.
Same issue with this one https://imgur.com/a/VyMBleX

I was able to extract it using your method prior just showing you another example =)

Thanks for that. I found the part that caused the issue, the next release will handle this correctly (without the need of the "Exactly, don't adjust"-checkbox).

21 hours ago, BlackPanther36 said:

You're welcome, that's good. =)
Can't get this rex to extract either even with "exactly, don't adjust" and messing with the imprint percent.
@cad
https://imgur.com/a/GIjwwiI

This rex has the following stats:  

Rex (Lvl 249, Impr: 77.75984%): HP: 21626.1 (42, 15); St: 1722 (31, 0); Ox: 525 (25, 0); Fo: 12826.3 (27, 0); We: 982.2 (35, 0); Dm: 436.3% (43, 0); Sp: 115.6% (30, 0); To: 26830.5 (233);

With the new release you can extract it without issues. I'll probably release it on sunday (need to fix some other things first). It's probably the best to wait with other dinos that don't work until then.

Hey @cad I'm back again xD 

I realized this weekend the one last thing that is essential for me that I'm currently missing to be way more efficient in breeding. 

You probably know crumplecorn's breeding calculator (it calculates how long you need to handfeed it and how long your current buffer is. The only flaw in this app is that I've heard from some people that it is outdated but works fine for the most part, except for other maps. For example on ragnarok the spoil timers are longer and on SE the spoil time is x0.3 (which is where I play)

Would you be able to incorporate something like this in the ark breeder app where you could choose the map you are playing and it applies the correct spoil timers for that map?

9 hours ago, ZeroSeconds said:

on ragnarok the spoil timers are longer and on SE the spoil time is x0.3.

Would you be able to incorporate something like this in the ark breeder app where you could choose the map you are playing and it applies the correct spoil timers for that map?

I put it on the todo-list. The loss by spoiling is a guess anyway (it depends on the stack-size), but an adjustment to the guess would be possible.

23 minutes ago, BlackPanther36 said:

Hello, @cad would it be possible to put in a function that attempts to extract the creature at every increment from 0-100% or X% to Y%? Sure it would take minute but if it could be extracted then the function would eventually succeed.

What %-value do you mean, taming-effectiveness or imprinting?

14 hours ago, BlackPanther36 said:

Hello, @cad imprinting but I suppose it could be done for both.

Taming effectiveness already checks all possible values that are in the given range. If you set the min and max to 0% and 100%, respecitively, all possible levels are shown. Setting a large range gives more results, though, so the best is to narrow this range to have an easier extraction.

Regarding the Imprinting bonus, it's more complicated. The total wild levels depend on that which changes all possible levels. The large amount of possibilities the user had to choose from would be very confusing. Even now when the displayed imprinting bonus the game displays is entered, in some rare cases the exact imprinting bonus cannot be determined uniquely and the extraction can fail. The rounded number is given in the game, so it's not a big deal to enter it to massively reduce the possibilities.

I was thinking like letting it scrub through every possible imprint between 94% to 96% for instance because there have been times where I really had to mess with imprint% to get it to extract and was just wondering if the app could do it for me instead of me trying 20 or 30 different %'s till I get one that works. Like with the bary I could have done 99% to 100% and the app could have tested all the increments for me until it found 99.36 instead of me having to guess 99.36116 99.36117 and so on going up and down trying to find it.

Edited by BlackPanther36

49 minutes ago, BlackPanther36 said:

I was thinking like letting it scrub through every possible imprint between 94% to 96% for instance because there have been times where I really had to mess with imprint% to get it to extract and was just wondering if the app could do it for me instead of me trying 20 or 30 different %'s till I get one that works. Like with the bary I could have done 99% to 100% and the app could have tested all the increments for me until it found 99.36 instead of me having to guess 99.36116 99.36117 and so on going up and down trying to find it.

Ah, this issue. As I said, the new release will have this fixed, so it's not necessary to use the "exact"-method and guess the numbers. All you have to do is enter "99%", and ASB will figure out the correct value. It needs this starting value of 99%, without that, there wil be too many possibilities.

Sorry for the delayed release of this fix, I'm still working on other things I want to release as well (translations), I hope it's ready in around 24 h.

On 18/03/2018 at 4:35 AM, ZeroSeconds said:

@cadOh and something I forget to mention. Maybe an idea to add in some kind of preview on what the stats and base level will be if you combine all of your best stats together (have been doing this manually up untill now)

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought it already does this.

I did a video on this, where I showed how you could. Provided that is what you are asking for. You may need to fast forward where a bit to show where I do it.

On 30/04/2018 at 8:46 PM, ZeroSeconds said:

Hey @cad I'm back again xD 

I realized this weekend the one last thing that is essential for me that I'm currently missing to be way more efficient in breeding. 

You probably know crumplecorn's breeding calculator (it calculates how long you need to handfeed it and how long your current buffer is. The only flaw in this app is that I've heard from some people that it is outdated but works fine for the most part, except for other maps. For example on ragnarok the spoil timers are longer and on SE the spoil time is x0.3 (which is where I play)

Is it an INI setting or is it hard coded to be different spoil timers?

If it is the INI then hopefully pulling it out of the ini and adding shouldn't be an issue.

But one thing I do, is I have a different save file for each map. Otherwise it can get confusing to remember to switch the settings back when switching maps. Not sure if that is what you mean, personally when you start adding map selections etc it begins to become a nightmare to debug over time.

I would rather the setting be adjusted in the settings section rather than selecting the map itself, then just use the save file as the map/server you are using.

12 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Is it an INI setting or is it hard coded to be different spoil timers?

If it is the INI then hopefully pulling it out of the ini and adding shouldn't be an issue.

But one thing I do, is I have a different save file for each map. Otherwise it can get confusing to remember to switch the settings back when switching maps. Not sure if that is what you mean, personally when you start adding map selections etc it begins to become a nightmare to debug over time.

I would rather the setting be adjusted in the settings section rather than selecting the map itself, then just use the save file as the map/server you are using.

I believe its hard coded. Island is seen as the 'normal' spoil time. than you have SE which is x0.3 and ragnarok which is x1.3 or 1.4 I believe. Center is the same as island. 

It's mainly about the baby phase of how long you need to handfeed it for. For instance if you leave your thyla's on island at 5% or whatever they should make it to juvy without any more feeding according to the breeding calculator. If you leave thyla's on 8% on SE they still die. 

3 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

I believe its hard coded. Island is seen as the 'normal' spoil time. than you have SE which is x0.3 and ragnarok which is x1.3 or 1.4 I believe. Center is the same as island. 

It's mainly about the baby phase of how long you need to handfeed it for. For instance if you leave your thyla's on island at 5% or whatever they should make it to juvy without any more feeding according to the breeding calculator. If you leave thyla's on 8% on SE they still die. 

Yeah the reason I asked, is because there are maps out there that I use and have no way of knowing what they are. And to be honest I always set them to my own setting, so wouldn't know what the actual value was.

But I did learn something new, did not realise that spoilage was different on each map. Either way ASB would also need to use both the spoilage timers as well, as that also effects the calculation for dedicated servers.

On 5/1/2018 at 5:10 PM, cad said:

Ah, this issue. As I said, the new release will have this fixed, so it's not necessary to use the "exact"-method and guess the numbers. All you have to do is enter "99%", and ASB will figure out the correct value. It needs this starting value of 99%, without that, there wil be too many possibilities.

Sorry for the delayed release of this fix, I'm still working on other things I want to release as well (translations), I hope it's ready in around 24 h.

It's all good, thank you for making ASB. Looking forward to the new release. =)

On 20/04/2018 at 4:37 PM, cad said:

Hi @IanHighlander, I'll add a sorting in the next release. You can go to the library and select a creature there and go back to the pedigree for now, this could be faster in some cases.

Hi @cad just wanted to say thanks, just downloaded the latest release and this works like a charm, many thanks. :)