tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

I just noticed that some of our best Rex imported incorrectly; all their wild levels show as zero and when I go to edit them they default to wild instead of tamed or bred (some of each were affected). I'd be happy to share the server save file(s) and/or whatever else you need if you would like to investigate, just message me if this is desirable.

9 hours ago, Wumpus said:

I just noticed that some of our best Rex imported incorrectly; all their wild levels show as zero and when I go to edit them they default to wild instead of tamed or bred (some of each were affected). I'd be happy to share the server save file(s) and/or whatever else you need if you would like to investigate, just message me if this is desirable.

An imported creature has for all levels a zero if the creature is not alive anymore and only appears as an ascendant of another creature.

8 hours ago, Mistastep said:

Please make a mobile app for this! Or make it for Ipad for the very least!

It's time consuming. I started a mobile app, but currently I just don't have enough time for that.

On 2/6/2018 at 2:22 PM, cad said:

An imported creature has for all levels a zero if the creature is not alive anymore and only appears as an ascendant of another creature.

Aha, ok then I think this is a result of me trying to merge multiple server save files together in one library. For a given rex, if he's alive on one map (Aberration) but only some of his offspring are present on another map (ScorchedEarth), then if I import both it's possible for the all-zeros version from scorched earth to overwrite the real values from aberration, or maybe the aberration values don't get saved because the all-zeros from scorched earth were already in there (I don't recall which order I imported the saves).

It would be super cool if this could be addressed by having real-numbers records override all-zeros records some how if duplicate creatures are found on different imports.

For now though we can work around it by managing which critters are on which maps, and entering some values manually. Thanks again for your efforts and assistance!

4 hours ago, Wumpus said:

It would be super cool if this could be addressed by having real-numbers records override all-zeros records some how if duplicate creatures are found on different imports.

Hi, I implemented the ark-tools support. I think you've nailed the cause. The code currently only uses the zero stats if the creature is mentioned in ancestry, but not found either in the existing library or during the import. This would happen if your first import was one without the ancestor.

Later imports from other arks would then recognise the existing creature is in the library ... and only update certain fields that I thought were likely to change: tamed levels, imprinting, and name. This is something I could improve, if cad doesn't get to it first. It occurs to me that it might also help with some mods that change wild stats, perhaps even colours, etc.

For now,  if you have most of your common ancestors in one ark I would suggest importing from there first.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coldino said:

Hi, I implemented the ark-tools support.

This is something I could improve, if cad doesn't get to it first. It occurs to me that it might also help with some mods that change wild stats, perhaps even colours, etc.

For now,  if you have most of your common ancestors in one ark I would suggest importing from there first.

Firstly, thank you for your work on the import feature!

Secondly, sounds like a great plan going forward and as you say, for now there are workarounds. We can just transmit the parent-dinos all to one ark if needed, but for now we've just been adjusting the all-zeros dinos manually as there aren't many of them. :)

Guest BubbaCrawfish
15 hours ago, coldino said:

Hi, I implemented the ark-tools support.

I've imported json values, but end up with Ovis coming up as Abberant Paracer, The app also shows I have Achatina and Mosasaurus that I don't have. (Can't figure which species it's confusing)

6 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

I've imported json values, but end up with Ovis coming up as Abberant Paracer, The app also shows I have Achatina and Mosasaurus that I don't have. (Can't figure which species it's confusing)

That's probably due to the naming inconsistencies ingame. If there is no exact matching for a species, the importer takes the species that looks most similar. For the "Aberrant Paracer" and "Ovis" there should already be a fix. For other species it would be good to know what exactly get's confused with what.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Means I have to go through and name things... ;)

Could you also look at how you 'add' into the library? If you have multiple clusters json outputs, the next import/add from saved library makes all the rest 'unavailable'.

Could be something with the importing method for both the save files and the json ark-tools.

Good job though, and thanks for looking at the JSON importing  ;) It's so good.

2 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Could you also look at how you 'add' into the library? If you have multiple clusters json outputs, the next import/add from saved library makes all the rest 'unavailable'.

Could be something with the importing method for both the save files and the json ark-tools.

Good job though, and thanks for looking at the JSON importing  ;) It's so good.

Yes, I'll add an option for the status-update in the next release. Currently, a new import will set all creatures that are in the save-file, but not on that server (e.g. on another server or uploaded), to unavailable. If using the import-feature with multiple servers, that creates this unwanted effect.

thank coldino for the creation of the import-feature :)

@cad I seem to have the issue of calculating the correct imprint % in the app. For instance 67% imprint goes down to 64% and gives the message that the imprinting value is wrong. 

Its for official servers. The fix for most imprinting values I found was to put event at value "0,5" and check the event if it is an older dino (raised when imprint timers were 4h). Yet with some dino's the app can't get the imprinting value correct. Tried changing event to 0,25; 0,75; 1,25; 1,5; 1,75; 2,0; without succes

20 hours ago, Ayzix said:

Does not import stats from the game... And when enabled overlay gives an error "No calibration-info for this resolution found.". How to fix the bug and get the program to work?
P.s. - Sorry for my bad english

Hi, what do you mean with importing? The typing in values, the OCR or the use of ark-tools? For the overlay you need to load the correct OCR-file, located in the json-folder. Go to the "Experimental OCR"-tab and click on "Load OCR config" to choose the file that matches your windows-resolution.

13 hours ago, ZeroSeconds said:

@cad I seem to have the issue of calculating the correct imprint % in the app. For instance 67% imprint goes down to 64% and gives the message that the imprinting value is wrong. 

Its for official servers. The fix for most imprinting values I found was to put event at value "0,5" and check the event if it is an older dino (raised when imprint timers were 4h). Yet with some dino's the app can't get the imprinting value correct. Tried changing event to 0,25; 0,75; 1,25; 1,5; 1,75; 2,0; without succes

Hi, did you try the "Partly Event" checkbox? It's made specifically for creatures that were raised partly during an event (or generally said with different raising-multipliers during their growing).

18 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, did you try the "Partly Event" checkbox? It's made specifically for creatures that were raised partly during an event (or generally said with different raising-multipliers during their growing).

I had to upgrade the app, was still using the old one that didn't have that feature.

Seems to work good again, thank you. 

16 hours ago, Ayzix said:

Thanks for the answer, there is one more question... Can I use the program with a screen resolution of 1440x900?

You can use the program of course with any resolution. To use the OCR, you need an OCR-config-file for the resolution of your screen. If there is no file available, you can create one, see https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/wiki/OCR for more infos.

1 hour ago, bribleck said:

Is there a way to have the .xml save file accessible by multiple tribe mates?  

You can save the file in a shared folder (e.g. dropbox, googledrive, etc.) and then enable the autoload and autosave option. see https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/wiki/FAQ#how-can-i-share-the-list-with-my-tribe-members-and-edit-simultaneosly for more infos.

• Thanks 1

Using version 0.25.2 and a fresh database I imported maps from TheIsland, Aberration, and Scorched earth. Import seemed to go well when I tried as a two-step process "Run default extraction" followed by "Import created json-file"; I did get some error when I originally attempted using the combined extract & import option from the same menu, but that's not what I'm really here about. :)

Got this error when attempting to find breeding pairs for a certain Yutyranous.

When the error popped up I was looking for partners for Tanit, who I should note was originally marked as "unavailable" by the import and was switched manually to "available". Not sure why the import thought she was unavailable but I suspect it might be related to why it's not finding any breeding partners for her? Most of my available dinos imported to available status, as they should have.

arksmartbreeding0.25.2Feb17error.PNG

19 hours ago, Wumpus said:

Using version 0.25.2 and a fresh database I imported maps from TheIsland, Aberration, and Scorched earth. Import seemed to go well when I tried as a two-step process "Run default extraction" followed by "Import created json-file"; I did get some error when I originally attempted using the combined extract & import option from the same menu, but that's not what I'm really here about. :)

Got this error when attempting to find breeding pairs for a certain Yutyranous.

When the error popped up I was looking for partners for Tanit, who I should note was originally marked as "unavailable" by the import and was switched manually to "available". Not sure why the import thought she was unavailable but I suspect it might be related to why it's not finding any breeding partners for her? Most of my available dinos imported to available status, as they should have.

Hi, thanks for the report. I found the cause of this bug, it will be fixed in the next release.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, thanks for the report. I found the cause of this bug, it will be fixed in the next release.

Indeed, seems good now. :) There is still some odd behavior regarding availability, but I won't bother you with that until I can give a more precise description/repro. Thanks again for this software, without it I would consider breeding to be too much effort to be worth doing.

• 2 weeks later...

@cad Hey I don't know whether I'm missing it or that its not incorporated (yet), but is it an idea to add, in the breeding plan section, a checkbox with "clean" so that you can get best breeding plan without any dino's that have mutations. 

Currently I'm just throwing all the mutated ones on a 2h cooldown to clear out the mutated ones to show clean dino's only

Edited by ZeroSeconds

On 5.3.2018 at 10:31 AM, ZeroSeconds said:

@cad Hey I don't know whether I'm missing it or that its not incorporated (yet), but is it an idea to add, in the breeding plan section, a checkbox with "clean" so that you can get best breeding plan without any dino's that have mutations. 

Currently I'm just throwing all the mutated ones on a 2h cooldown to clear out the mutated ones to show clean dino's only

Good idea, I'll add a checkbox for that in the next version.

• Like 1