tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

23 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, go to the "Experimental-OCR"-tab, there to the Output-tab and check "Enable Logging and Editing". Then click on Read Values from ARK Window. Maybe you can then see a reason for your issue in the Output-window. Common causes are that your screen has a resolution that is different than the config-file you've loaded for the OCR. Another reason could be that you have two monitors, I haven't figured out why this causes troubles, but some users with multiple monitors have reported issues.

Thanks for the reply. It's telling me that the display is set to 1536×864, which it's incompatible with. But I've double checked, and both the game, and my PC, are running at 1920x1080, which is what the program seems to want...

22 hours ago, Razordance said:

Thanks for the reply. It's telling me that the display is set to 1536×864, which it's incompatible with. But I've double checked, and both the game, and my PC, are running at 1920x1080, which is what the program seems to want...

Hi, maybe you play in the windowed-mode instead of windowed-fullscreen?

Hey Cad! back on the ark again... I've been having trouble stat checking abberration dinos.. atleast on unofficial.. tested on two spinos.. one on abberation and one on the island... the island one worked and the abberration one did not. Do you know if they messed around with stats a bit? bulbdog worked fine.. abberration stego/spino did not. I havent tested out stat checks before lvling the spinos health though. thanks!

28 minutes ago, hardcorebreeder said:

Hey Cad! back on the ark again... I've been having trouble stat checking abberration dinos.. atleast on unofficial.. tested on two spinos.. one on abberation and one on the island... the island one worked and the abberration one did not. Do you know if they messed around with stats a bit? bulbdog worked fine.. abberration stego/spino did not. I havent tested out stat checks before lvling the spinos health though. thanks!

Hi, according to the game-data the stats of the aberrant variants should be exactly the same, but I got some other reports that the aberrant spino didn't work. Maybe there's another multiplier for the aberrant-species, I have to check this. Can you post a screenshot of the aberrant spino?

this is so useful! i never really got into breeding for stats before but now i am. using it on a private server of aberration. works great for ravagers, but glow pets and the aberrant versions of vanilla creatures always have some error. usually health.

we were just being dumb. now the only error is that it attempts to give rock drakes a speed boost when imprinted, which they don't actually get in-game.

Edited by AlphaGodith
clarification

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Valith842 said:

how do you do the OCR from xbox??

Some users told that they use a streaming-tool to get the xbox-screen on the pc. Then you can perform a OCR from this video-stream (choose the streaming-app in the ASB settings in the OCR-section). I have not tried that yet, not owning an xbox.

If that doesn't work, you can still just enter the stat-values manually in the tool.

• 2 weeks later...

@cad

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I couldn't see it.

We've recently started using the S+ Nanny on one of our breeding servers and are now finding, not sure why, that occasionally we get an animal with 101% imprint. Quite rightly I guess, Ark Smart Breeding won't allow for the extra 1% but because of that I can't enter them into the system. The Nanny starts imprinting way too fast to get the stats when they're born so we have to wait until fully grown before entering the stats in ASB and including the imprint (which works brilliantly).

Is there anything I can do to get these 101% animals into the system? Or would it be possible to have ASB allow you to enter it? I appreciate it "shouldn't" happen but that's totally out of my control and I'd still like to know the point stats for breeding back in to my lines if I want to, currently I'm not re-using 101%ers but have now got a situation where I want to as I have one with a colour mutation I'd love to breed into one of my lines.

19 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

@cad

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I couldn't see it.

We've recently started using the S+ Nanny on one of our breeding servers and are now finding, not sure why, that occasionally we get an animal with 101% imprint. Quite rightly I guess, Ark Smart Breeding won't allow for the extra 1% but because of that I can't enter them into the system. The Nanny starts imprinting way too fast to get the stats when they're born so we have to wait until fully grown before entering the stats in ASB and including the imprint (which works brilliantly).

Is there anything I can do to get these 101% animals into the system? Or would it be possible to have ASB allow you to enter it? I appreciate it "shouldn't" happen but that's totally out of my control and I'd still like to know the point stats for breeding back in to my lines if I want to, currently I'm not re-using 101%ers but have now got a situation where I want to as I have one with a colour mutation I'd love to breed into one of my lines.

Hi, for that there's the "Allow more than 100% imprinting" in the general settings. Also you may have to check "Partly Event" in the Imprint-Quality-input to make the extraction succeed.

2 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, for that there's the "Allow more than 100% imprinting" in the general settings. Also you may have to check "Partly Event" in the Imprint-Quality-input to make the extraction succeed.

Genius! my apologies for not having checked properly before posting, been using this software for quite some time now and did not know that setting existed. Thanks for the quick response.

6 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

Genius! my apologies for not having checked properly before posting, been using this software for quite some time now and did not know that setting existed. Thanks for the quick response.

It was just added in the last version for exactly the issues with the S+ Nanny ;)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the great application cad! I'm having an issue finding an older values.json file to use though. I'm on xbox one and it was recommended to download an older version and use that until the console values are updated. Please advise where I may find an older copy. Some of my tames and breeds are not extracting and I think this may be why.

Thanks again for a great app.

Hi Cad and thanks for the awesome software! Been using it on and off for a long time.

I tried to use the new import-from-savefile feature and can't get it functioning, I'm not sure if I'm encountering a bug, doing something wrong, or attempting something unsupported. I note that you checked in an import fix that is not yet released, but I don't think the fix you checked in addresses the issue I'm seeing (which may be more of an ark-tools problem, not sure).

I am admin on a private server cluster, we have three maps: Aberration, Scorched Earth, and The Island.

I am using ASB version 0.25.0 with values 276.42.1.

I've copied the server save files to my local computer, on a dropbox folder because I would like to share access with a couple other people on the server. My directory structure looks like this:

...\Dropbox\foo\ark-tools\ark-tools.exe for the ark tools executable

...\Dropbox\foo\ScorchedEarth_P.ark for the scorched earth save file, other two save files are in the same folder.

...\Dropbox\foo\Extracted-savefiles is the folder for extracted save-game.

...\Dropbox\foo\Ark.Smart.Breeding_0.25.0 is where the program is installed.

...\Dropbox\foo\import-test.xml is my test library I'm trying to populate.

I'd like to make a new library containing critters from all three maps, if possible, but three new libraries (one for each map) would work fine too.

I'm following the instructions in the release notes to the best of my ability. Here's what happens:

1) I start the program, click the new library option in the file menu, and verify the settings in the import tab of the file->settings window. When I click ok I'm prompted for a file name for the library so I give it import-test.xml.

2) I select file->ARKTools-Extraction from the menu. A console window flashes on my screen briefly but I don't see any text in it (just black) and it disappears in under a second.

3) I select file->Import from ARKTools... which prompts for a file selection. I navigate to the Extracted-savefiles folder and find that nothing is there. I am stumped.

So it seems like the ark tools extraction is failing, but I don't know how to dig out more information on why or how it is failing. I've verified multiple times that no new files are created when I run the extraction, not the expected json file nor any kind of errror log or anything.

Any ideas?

10 hours ago, FMD33 said:

Thanks for the great application cad! I'm having an issue finding an older values.json file to use though. I'm on xbox one and it was recommended to download an older version and use that until the console values are updated. Please advise where I may find an older copy. Some of my tames and breeds are not extracting and I think this may be why.

Thanks again for a great app.

Hi, I don't think that there is a discrepance between the current xbox and steam-version. Are you on an unofficial server? Maybe you need to adjust the stat-multipliers. Incase you want an older values.json, you can find a list of old releases here: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/releases

8 minutes ago, Wumpus said:

Hi Cad and thanks for the awesome software! Been using it on and off for a long time.

I tried to use the new import-from-savefile feature and can't get it functioning, I'm not sure if I'm encountering a bug, doing something wrong, or attempting something unsupported. I note that you checked in an import fix that is not yet released, but I don't think the fix you checked in addresses the issue I'm seeing (which may be more of an ark-tools problem, not sure).

Hi, it appears you have to execute

ark-tools.exe update-data

once to create a file called ark_data.json. After that it should work. I'll let the tool do this automatically in the next release.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cad said:

Hi, it appears you have to execute

ark-tools.exe update-data

once to create a file called ark_data.json. After that it should work. I'll let the tool do this automatically in the next release.

Indeed, this solved my problem and I have imported the save data from all three servers to a single library. Only had to select-all and set status to available after that. :) Thanks again for the awesome tool and quick response!