tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

If stat gains are altered on the server settings for Classic Flyers, is there a way to adjust this in the program?
I'm automatically assuming here that the program loads the Classic Flyers.json and expects the mod's default values of course..

But if say I've adjusted the speed gain specifically for Ptera vs Globally other flyers, is there a way to make this function/read properly?

17 hours ago, Zera said:

If stat gains are altered on the server settings for Classic Flyers, is there a way to adjust this in the program?
I'm automatically assuming here that the program loads the Classic Flyers.json and expects the mod's default values of course..

But if say I've adjusted the speed gain specifically for Ptera vs Globally other flyers, is there a way to make this function/read properly?

I guess you just have to adjust the multipliers in the settings, did you try that?

Just now, cad said:

Yes. Did you change only the values for certain species? I thought this is only possible with a mod. Then you have to adjust the values in the classicFlyers.json or whatever extra-value-file you have loaded.

Yes, as I stated before ClassicFlyers allows you to configure on a per species basis via gameusersettings.ini

And sadly this doesn't work on a server-wide scale unless I were to offer the adjusted file for download & load.

18 minutes ago, Zera said:

Yes, as I stated before ClassicFlyers allows you to configure on a per species basis via gameusersettings.ini

Didn't know this is possible. If you changed the base-values / values per levelup, you can adjust this directly in the classicFlyers.json. For more infos on how to do this see https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/wiki/Mod-Values

I feel incredibly puzzled, because I usually can figure out what error I've created with this program, and yet...

I have a singleplayer save on my PC with settings that I adjusted for in the program, that have not changed in a while (over two weeks), and as far as I can tell, the program's settings are set up to match (using Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini). I tamed a Pegomastax a few days ago (4, maybe) and initially, I kept getting a red on the Health. I checked for updates and got the latest one (v0.23.20 with values for 268.22.1, I think?), which fixed that Pego.

I tamed another Pego the following day, but this time, Health, Food, and Weight were red. Looking around the GitHub, I saw the note about the update to Pego, so I checked for another update but realized it was the update I had previously received. I was curious, so I rolled back to values 268.22 and this time, this Pego works, but now my other Pego has an incorrect Health stat in my library.

I'm not having this issue with any other dinos in my (small) library, just the Pego. It's a small issue but I'd like to get it nipped in the bud before I tame any more Pegos. Let me know if I need to provide some attachments.

EDIT: Accidentally tamed a third Pego, this one needed the 268.22.1 values, and somehow the update this time made all 3 have the correct values now. Still stumped.

Edited by Vaulkos
Additional Information

12 hours ago, TGAPxIra said:

The Diplocaulus is allowed to put both wild and tamed levels into the Oxygen stat in-game, but the calculator locks it to 0.

Hi, thanks for the report, it'll be fixed in the next release.

2 hours ago, Vaulkos said:

I feel incredibly puzzled, because I usually can figure out what error I've created with this program, and yet...

I have a singleplayer save on my PC with settings that I adjusted for in the program, that have not changed in a while (over two weeks), and as far as I can tell, the program's settings are set up to match (using Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini). I tamed a Pegomastax a few days ago (4, maybe) and initially, I kept getting a red on the Health. I checked for updates and got the latest one (v0.23.20 with values for 268.22.1, I think?), which fixed that Pego.

I tamed another Pego the following day, but this time, Health, Food, and Weight were red. Looking around the GitHub, I saw the note about the update to Pego, so I checked for another update but realized it was the update I had previously received. I was curious, so I rolled back to values 268.22 and this time, this Pego works, but now my other Pego has an incorrect Health stat in my library.

I'm not having this issue with any other dinos in my (small) library, just the Pego. It's a small issue but I'd like to get it nipped in the bud before I tame any more Pegos. Let me know if I need to provide some attachments.

EDIT: Accidentally tamed a third Pego, this one needed the 268.22.1 values, and somehow the update this time made all 3 have the correct values now. Still stumped.

Hi, probably the second pego that needed the old values spawned before the change hit the game. Creatures can keep their stat-values for some time even if they change with an update. After some time they usually get recalculated to the latest values. I guess that's what happened here.

11 minutes ago, cad said:

Hi, probably the second pego that needed the old values spawned before the change hit the game. Creatures can keep their stat-values for some time even if they change with an update. After some time they usually get recalculated to the latest values. I guess that's what happened here.

That makes sense, thank you. Just weird that it was finally started accepting them after that, even after I had leveled them and restarted the game several times.

• 5 weeks later...
On 16.11.2017 at 6:22 PM, GhostlyCrowd said:

I reall miss using this app, But Its been months and i still cannot get it to work, I even drag my INI' into the app, I am, the server owner i know all settings are correct and every dino i input has red issues in one stat or another and I cant import it. 

Has any one got an idea?

Hi, please post a screenshot of the inventory of a creature that doesn't work, along with a screenshot of your settings.

20 minutes ago, cad said:

Hi, it works if you uncheck "Singleplayer Settings" in the tool's settings, and set the WildLevel-multiplier of Torpor to 1. Are you sure this value is 0.5 and not 1 in your ini-files?

It is indeed .5, I dragged the INI into the app to set these settings.  However I was experimenting with the single player settings they are in fact off so thats correct, I forgot to turn them back off before the Screen shot. 

Edit: I just tested with exactly what you suggested, It does indeed work. SO this is a work around i suppose, not sure why torpor is causing issues.  But thats not a huge deal.

Edit 2: Alright os with the same settings you suggested I cannot enter a Pterra, it was also not able to be entered. Ive only tried 2 dinos, the quetz and terra so far and gave up when neither worked. Quetz is fine now terra DMG and Food are red. 

Edited by GhostlyCrowd

On 18.11.2017 at 8:46 PM, GhostlyCrowd said:

It is indeed .5, I dragged the INI into the app to set these settings.  However I was experimenting with the single player settings they are in fact off so thats correct, I forgot to turn them back off before the Screen shot. 

Edit: I just tested with exactly what you suggested, It does indeed work. SO this is a work around i suppose, not sure why torpor is causing issues.  But thats not a huge deal.

Edit 2: Alright os with the same settings you suggested I cannot enter a Pterra, it was also not able to be entered. Ive only tried 2 dinos, the quetz and terra so far and gave up when neither worked. Quetz is fine now terra DMG and Food are red. 

Can you post a screenshot of the ptera-inventory?

19 hours ago, GhostlyCrowd said:

Attached

The extraction works if you uncheck "Consider Wild-level steps" in the settings. Then the tool estimates a wild level of 326. With a max-wild-level of 350, the possible levels in the wild are probably not in steps of 10 either, so this setting if probably of no real help.

6 minutes ago, cad said:

The extraction works if you uncheck "Consider Wild-level steps" in the settings. Then the tool estimates a wild level of 326. With a max-wild-level of 350, the possible levels in the wild are probably not in steps of 10 either, so this setting if probably of no real help.

Thanks a lot for the help! Sorry for being such a pain!

Edited by GhostlyCrowd

Unfortunately we have found that smartbreeder is highly inaccurate for example we had 5 argies

4 had 824 weight

1 had 894 weight (it had a weight mutation)

according to smartbreeder the 4 had 53 pts in weight and the 1 had 50 pts in weight. now this wouldnt be a problem but we were going thru smartbreeder and killing off the dinos we didnt need according to smartbreeder LUCKILY we KNEW that the argent was actually the highest weight so we questioned smartbreeeders validity. unfortunately one of our bears (melee mutation) wasnt so lucky smartbreeder said it was garbage and we killed it. it also happened with two ankies and god knows what else

1 hour ago, Sneakers said:

Unfortunately we have found that smartbreeder is highly inaccurate for example we had 5 argies

4 had 824 weight

1 had 894 weight (it had a weight mutation)

according to smartbreeder the 4 had 53 pts in weight and the 1 had 50 pts in weight. now this wouldnt be a problem but we were going thru smartbreeder and killing off the dinos we didnt need according to smartbreeder LUCKILY we KNEW that the argent was actually the highest weight so we questioned smartbreeeders validity. unfortunately one of our bears (melee mutation) wasnt so lucky smartbreeder said it was garbage and we killed it. it also happened with two ankies and god knows what else

Hi, a creature will not pass imprinted stats, only the stat-values after a creature hatches are considered. Apparently the argentavis with 894 was imprinted 8 times with an imprinting bonus of 59%. Despite the higher stat-value, it still will only pass on 50 levels in weight and can be considered worse regarding breeding than a non-imprinted argentavis with 53 levels in weight and no imprinting. Killing the 894 argentavis did not make you lose your top-weight argentavis. For more infos on how breeding and imprinting works, see https://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding and https://ark.gamepedia.com/Imprinting

• Like 1

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I just started using the program yesterday, and I can't get it to read the dinos stats from the game. I can enter them manually, but when I hit F to open the creature's inventory/stats, and tab back to the Smart Breeder, it isn't reading anything in. Do you happen to know what might be causing this? I have several hundred dinos and manual is going to be a long process... :-)

2 hours ago, Razordance said:

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I just started using the program yesterday, and I can't get it to read the dinos stats from the game. I can enter them manually, but when I hit F to open the creature's inventory/stats, and tab back to the Smart Breeder, it isn't reading anything in. Do you happen to know what might be causing this? I have several hundred dinos and manual is going to be a long process... :-)

Hi, go to the "Experimental-OCR"-tab, there to the Output-tab and check "Enable Logging and Editing". Then click on Read Values from ARK Window. Maybe you can then see a reason for your issue in the Output-window. Common causes are that your screen has a resolution that is different than the config-file you've loaded for the OCR. Another reason could be that you have two monitors, I haven't figured out why this causes troubles, but some users with multiple monitors have reported issues.