tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

@BrankMeister @cad

Very cool, many thanks indeed for this, if you could share the pdn file for the Thylas too that would be great.

Having just installed pant.net to have a quick look at the Thorny Dragon one if I'm understanding this correctly, it's just a case of creating a layered PNG with each layer named in a specific way and isolating the colour zones of the animal? Presumably the software then looks for these layers by name or something?

If so I can knock these up in Photoshop fairly easily for other animals or am I missing something key here?

Edited by Antitheft2

14 hours ago, BrankMeister said:

@cad and @Antitheft2,

find attached the images for Thylacyleo and Thorny Dragon. I'll upload Yutyrannus when I've fixed it.

I'm happy to share the paint.net file so you can adjust he colour layers yourself but it doesn't fit on this forum.

10 hours ago, Antitheft2 said:

@BrankMeister @cad

Very cool, many thanks indeed for this, if you could share the pdn file for the Thylas too that would be great.

Having just installed pant.net to have a quick look at the Thorny Dragon one if I'm understanding this correctly, it's just a case of creating a layered PNG with each layer named in a specific way and isolating the colour zones of the animal? Presumably the software then looks for these layers by name or something?

If so I can knock these up in Photoshop fairly easily for other animals or am I missing something key here?

Hi @BrankMeister, thanks a lot for these graphics, I'll include them in the next release.

Hi @Antitheft2, first a greyscale image is needed as base (there can be colors, if there's no color-region for them, e.g. some beaks or claws always have the same color, these should be colored on the base image as well). Then a second image is needed with just the color-regions, marked by the primary and secondary colors red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, yellow.

The PDN for Thylaco is too large to post here. I'll see if I can share it some other way (I'm happy to email it somewhere).

@Antitheft2, the PDN is just a way for me to put together the images from the wiki for the different color regions, in the end it is flattened into a PNG file as @cad mentioned

It's not too difficult to create these files with the right tools but it's a bit tricky to merge the different color zones without having to do it manually. The Thyla file isn't done particularly well but it's functional.

Hello, first off awesome program. Second off, it's not working for me haha not your fault I'm sure it's something on my end. Just don't know what to fix. I play on my xbox and I'm trying to get a ptera entered however I get errors on the health, damage, and speed and it marks the tame, bred, wild radio button area. I think it may be due to updated stats maybe but I don't know how to get an old Json if that is the case. Thanks again

Edit: Oh duh, also i'm playing on a dedi server with official settings aside from taming speed, and breeding speeds. All of the settings in the program reflect those changes. 

Edit: Edit: Ok, so I got it to work. For some reason I needed to change the stats that were red and re change them and it worked. I don't know why changing the radio selector didn't refresh them even though they went white but it works and I'm very grateful to the time you put into this =] Thanks

Edited by MalevolentSquid

So it appears that the Extractor doesn't like Casteroids, every stat it will accept.. Except the Oxygen stat.

The beaver has 3,825 Oxygen and the closest I can get to that is 90 points or 91 points and it's not correct then either. Considering this Beaver was tamed as 358 (240 is our max) I highly doubt that it has anywhere near 90-91 points into it's Oxygen and around 50-60 in all of it's other stats.

Granted this is on an UnOfficial, but I am the admin of this UnOfficial and I have not changed Oxygen rates at all for dinos.

4 hours ago, Zera said:

So it appears that the Extractor doesn't like Casteroids, every stat it will accept.. Except the Oxygen stat.

The beaver has 3,825 Oxygen and the closest I can get to that is 90 points or 91 points and it's not correct then either. Considering this Beaver was tamed as 358 (240 is our max) I highly doubt that it has anywhere near 90-91 points into it's Oxygen and around 50-60 in all of it's other stats.

Granted this is on an UnOfficial, but I am the admin of this UnOfficial and I have not changed Oxygen rates at all for dinos.

Hi, the oxygen stat was changed for the beavers. If you're on consoles, the change probably wasn't released yet, so you need an old values.json-file [1] with the old oxygen stat. If you are on PC, you either have not updated ARK (and using the old oxygen-values) or you haven't updated Smart Breeding.

[1]: Old values.json with the old oxygen-stat, use this if you're on consoles: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/blob/151e9bb27fde2e9f7e6ccad9b0bfc89ace176227/ARKBreedingStats/json/values.json

@cad

Still no love even adjusted the server settings slightly and obviously rebooted, also putting level into another dino that wont extract didnt help either.  Every dino on this server has HP and Weight in red, and other stats some times red on extraction. I've verified the settings dozens of times now. 

ASB.JPG

Edited by GhostlyCrowd
Attachments keep failing to upload

On 5.9.2017 at 7:23 PM, GhostlyCrowd said:

I cannot for the life of me get this working on our unofficial dedi Rag server, I've checked and rechecked 100x, every dino i input as health weight and some times speed red. 

On Xbox,

Hi, make sure you didn't mixed some of the multiplier-types, e.g. the wildLevel-Torpor is very probably 1.0 instead of 0.5, the total level is impossible else. This solves the extraction for the HP. The weight-value is very strange, usually the weight-numbers are integers, one explanation would be that a multiplier for the weight is a decimal number.

15 minutes ago, cad said:

Hi, make sure you didn't mixed some of the multiplier-types, e.g. the wildLevel-Torpor is very probably 1.0 instead of 0.5, the total level is impossible else. This solves the extraction for the HP. The weight-value is very strange, usually the weight-numbers are integers, one explanation would be that a multiplier for the weight is a decimal number.

Hello, I'm certain that our wild is .5, and we set it to 2.0 once tamed. So they are easier to put down but once tamed they have the same torpor as if they were 1.0 across the board. If that logic makes sense.  Next time We reboot I'll double check again though. As we cannot scroll the settings on the xbox admin manger screen. 

Edited by GhostlyCrowd

15 hours ago, GhostlyCrowd said:

Hello, I'm certain that our wild is .5, and we set it to 2.0 once tamed. So they are easier to put down but once tamed they have the same torpor as if they were 1.0 across the board. If that logic makes sense.  Next time We reboot I'll double check again though. As we cannot scroll the settings on the xbox admin manger screen. 

Hi, that's not how it works. With this setting a wild creature will only get half of the usual torpor. After being tamed, no creature gets more level in torpor, so that 2.0 has no effect. With your current setting, all creatures basically have their torpor halfed permanently. The aim you described (half the torpor in the wild and normal torpor once tamed) is not possible afaik.

Hi!

I only just found this tool, and it looks very, very impressive. However, it's a little overwhelming at a first glance (not necessarily a bad thing!)

I am myself mostly interested in breeding colours, both natural and mutations, and would like to ask whether it is possible to keep track of the latter with the help of this tool. I already discovered that I can fill in any natural colours for the various colour regions for the animals in my library, but could not figure out if I can also add the "unnatural" mutated colours.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed earlier in this thread - I did not go through all 16 pages of discussion very thoroughly yet.

Thank you for what must be an amazing lot of working hours, making a tool like this one!

Edit: I figured it out! Need to uncheck the small "only natural colours" -checkbox in the colour picker.

Edited by Aldalasse
Problem solved!

Is anyone able to use this tool now? I keep being told it's a virus and now windows itself won't even open the file even if I tell my antivirus to allow it.

11/60 say it's a virus
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/e307872f00b42bbb14e0e715eca9160cb851cb33df7e661294e9ee8b31b8e767/detection

Edited by BlackPanther36

I have the same problem.
Have fed back as much as i Can about what its finding it as (and it does not appear at this point to be a false positive) but am disapointed by the lack of any further response or follow up

For the people showing a virus, if you go back and check, I have it showing in this and the 2 previous versions, Prior to that is fine but I am having issues recording bred dinos with the older versions.

Hopefully the dev of this great app will update (and even virus scan the file himself)

On 12.9.2017 at 2:01 PM, BlackPanther36 said:

Is anyone able to use this tool now? I keep being told it's a virus and now windows itself won't even open the file even if I tell my antivirus to allow it.

11/60 say it's a virus
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/e307872f00b42bbb14e0e715eca9160cb851cb33df7e661294e9ee8b31b8e767/detection

4 hours ago, vtallbloke said:

I have the same problem.
Have fed back as much as i Can about what its finding it as (and it does not appear at this point to be a false positive) but am disapointed by the lack of any further response or follow up

For the people showing a virus, if you go back and check, I have it showing in this and the 2 previous versions, Prior to that is fine but I am having issues recording bred dinos with the older versions.

Hopefully the dev of this great app will update (and even virus scan the file himself)

Hi, I've looked into this, but haven't found a solution yet. If I upload earlier versions to virustotal.com, 0.23.15 seems fine, 0.23.16 shows some warning, 0.23.17 some more. If I upload the unzipped file of 0.23.17, there are only two warnings, and none of the engines that had warnings on the zip-file. It seems inconsistent. My virus-scanner (windows defender) doesn't show any warnings.

There were no changes that would explain why there is suddenly a warning. Some adjustments to the algorithms, a new method to copy creature-names into the clipboard (there were options to copy things to the clipboard since over a year) and there is a method that downloads a new version of the values-file (which might look suspicious to a virus-scanner), this hasn't been changed for a long time and is in the application for over a year, as well. I frankly have no idea. Of course you shouldn't trust me on this if your virus-scanner warns you. The source-code is freely available, so you could compile it yourself (Visual Studio can be downloaded for free as well), to be extra sure there is only code you trust. I see this is not optimal, of course.

If someone has an idea, what could cause these (for me they seem a bit random) warnings, I'd be happy to know what to do about this.

I don't mean to be that guy but it kind of goes without saying that windows defender isn't much of a defender XD. Shifting your code around code work. I honestly thought maybe your github got compromised or just a bunch of people reported it, got it flagged, and made it a false positive. You should maybe add some instructions for compiling it since I tried and failed. Maybe try implementing the changes 1 by 1 from the clean version to 0.23.17 and see which change creates the warnings and code another way to accomplish the same thing. I've already submitted 2 reports for false positive and haven't heard anything back.

Just checked and now everything is okay with 0.23.17 and 0.23.18 both launch and pass antivirus scans. I guess some people reported it enough to get it flagged =/.

19 hours ago, vtallbloke said:

I have again been using latest update, and whatever was going on with the virus alert (false positive or otherwise) seems to have corrected now.

Both the zip and the files seem ok again.

Thanks for fixing, could you tell us what you did?

Hi, frankly, I did nothing regarding this, because I couldn't find a reason. The only thing I changed in the last release was adding a new pattern to the name-generator. I guess the anti-virus-algorithms were adjusted and it was a false alarm.

I really hope you one day turn this into a mobile app :) My tribe just came across this, and are like a bunch of cave men gathered around fire trying to test how it works atm lol. I feel like as soon as we get this down we will start working towards the same amazing dinos we had before through trading with people 3 steps ahead of us in breeding knowledge. Thank you for your hard work and ongoing communication even after this has been released for a while.