Thoughts on the new kibble?

Gantai

The BETA isn't here yet.

But there are clearly mixed reactions about the Kibble rework system.

Half of them wanted it because not only does it save them the hassle of needing to tame every kind, it also helps at least hopefully cut down the tamed dino by a bit, if not most. Plus the Kibble tree is questionable.

The other half however, had other thoughts, mainly because they don't want to cull the dino they had wasted so much effort taming it, or they prefer the complexity of taming them (the new system simplifies it by a lot) over anything else.

2 hours ago, Vaculity said:

The BETA isn't here yet.

But there are clearly mixed reactions about the Kibble rework system.

Half of them wanted it because not only does it save them the hassle of needing to tame every kind, it also helps at least hopefully cut down the tamed dino by a bit, if not most. Plus the Kibble tree is questionable.

The other half however, had other thoughts, mainly because they don't want to cull the dino they had wasted so much effort taming it, or they prefer the complexity of taming them (the new system simplifies it by a lot) over anything else.

As a new player I guess it won't make much difference but I can see how it may impact other players that have spent countless amount of hours acquiring what they currently have. 

i feel like anyone who has played extinction already has a rough idea how this is going to work.  I think it's a good idea.  If you are upset that your dinos will now be "useless" then they probably weren't worth keeping in the first place.  Maybe if they see that people are not taming certain things after this rework they might consider doing some more TLC (yea, right lol)

4 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

i feel like anyone who has played extinction already has a rough idea how this is going to work.  I think it's a good idea.  If you are upset that your dinos will now be "useless" then they probably weren't worth keeping in the first place.  Maybe if they see that people are not taming certain things after this rework they might consider doing some more TLC (yea, right lol)

Why wouldn’t they pick up the TLC’s phase though? Extinction was the last known expansion, with the only possibility of more to come from an ex-Ark developer. This gives the developers plently of time and reason to focus on past projects as they will have a much higher priority.

The kibble rework has been on the cards for the past 2 years and is only now being tested, with the TLC pass being mentioned before that. If a load of dinos become “useless” after the kibble rework has been implemented, then the only logical step would be to work on more TLC’s.

S+ has the spotlight at the moment because despite only being announced a year ago, the request to improve the building mechanics have been in the game for a very long time.

6 hours ago, trumpeterdj23 said:

I haven't read much about the new kibble, but i'm not as established as other players of the game. People with tons of kibble that I have talked to are not very impressed. Does it take away from the work that they put into the game? 

We have 4 fridges full of kibble - so over 150 kibble stacks. Yes, it took a while to ensure we had every perceivable kibble for taming and imprinting but to be honest, the pros outweigh the benefits. Its either have a stupid amount of fridges to store many kibble and eggs, or have a stupid amount of fridges to store the eggers in cryo. I cant be bothered with the upkeep of 500 dinos per each of our servers so have put over 200 in cryopods on each server we play on. 

The new kibble system will reduce kibble types, eggers, lag from said eggers and will allow people to just get on with the game without having to feed copious amounts of dinos.

Its a win win really even for players like me who has spent hrs getting the eggers and also making the kibble.

34 minutes ago, Anarki said:

We have 4 fridges full of kibble - so over 150 kibble stacks. Yes, it took a while to ensure we had every perceivable kibble for taming and imprinting but to be honest, the pros outweigh the benefits. Its either have a stupid amount of fridges to store many kibble and eggs, or have a stupid amount of fridges to store the eggers in cryo. I cant be bothered with the upkeep of 500 dinos per each of our servers so have put over 200 in cryopods on each server we play on. 

The new kibble system will reduce kibble types, eggers, lag from said eggers and will allow people to just get on with the game without having to feed copious amounts of dinos.

Its a win win really even for players like me who has spent hrs getting the eggers and also making the kibble.

???????

That is a really altruistic (and realist) thought, I wish more people thought that way.

1 hour ago, Anarki said:

I agree, over the summer my tribe built up 3 huge bases between Center, Rag, and Ab. Then summer ends and folks have busy schedules and then it's up to me to try and maintain 3 bases!  Didn't happen of course, that's just too much to maintain.  I sure wish we had Crypods and fridges at the time. I would have brought every dino to one base and fridged them as opposed to just ultimately letting most of them Auto-decay...

For eggers I typically just tamed whatever was easiest to tame, so level 5s if I could find them.

I think the new system will put a new focus on finding and taming level 150s for breeding rather than wasting time on finding eggers.

However I did like the idea of a "kibble tree" that guided players in an indirect path towards taming higher and higher power dinos.

12 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Why wouldn’t they pick up the TLC’s phase though? Extinction was the last known expansion, with the only possibility of more to come from an ex-Ark developer. This gives the developers plently of time and reason to focus on past projects as they will have a much higher priority.

The kibble rework has been on the cards for the past 2 years and is only now being tested, with the TLC pass being mentioned before that. If a load of dinos become “useless” after the kibble rework has been implemented, then the only logical step would be to work on more TLC’s.

S+ has the spotlight at the moment because despite only being announced a year ago, the request to improve the building mechanics have been in the game for a very long time.

I agree that they should continue with the TLC passes I just find it easiest to not have any expectations, easier to avoid disappointment

43 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I agree that they should continue with the TLC passes I just find it easiest to not have any expectations, easier to avoid disappointment

Yes, you are certainly correct on the expectation part, but it’s not something that should be ruled out. Phase 3 of the TLC pass was talked about but nothing materialised because the community called out for bug fixes so it was put on hiatus.

Archived