Best games and why

Cameronsloth

Guess this is all rather subjective to what people like and time scales. Recent highlights for me would have to be Ark (obviously), and Horizon Zero Dawn, loved the story, mechanics and the world. Going a little further back Halo including Halo: Reach, and the Pokemon games Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire remakes.

46 minutes ago, AcyanidePancake said:

12.big chungus 4

?

Ark is probably my favorite, because of how much time I’m able to dedicate to it without it getting boring; followed by Fortnite. I also like the Star Wars Battlefront franchise (specifically the new ones, I wasn’t into gaming yet when the og ones were a thing); simply because Star Wars is lit. 

PUBG (recommend playing with friends)

Ark of course

World of Tanks 

State of Decay 2 (recommend playing with friends)

Older games I always have around

Mass Effect Trilogy (Andromeda is an abomination)

Gears of War

Zelda Ocarina of Time

Zelda Majora's Mask

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver 

Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Elder Scrolls Oblivion

There's more, but I can't remember them all. Depends on what you're into really, I dabble in everything just about. 

The Last Of Us, (Story)

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Story & Sound)

Ark, (Extinct Creatures! :D)

Mortal Kombat Deception (Fighting mixed with chess and puzzle)

Resident Evil (My favorite horror-game)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (nostalgia and my favorite RPG)

TNMT: Turtles In Time (never had so much fun with a console game in the 90s, co-op is recommended!)

the first 4-5 Gran Turismo-Games (a lot of cars, settings, tracks and the drivers licence-part)

Need for Speed Underground 2 & NfS Most Wanted (tuning cars, open world, awesome music)

Sonic The Hedgehog, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, The Trine-Series (nostalgia, fun platformers and the last 2 have nice puzzles as well)

The Secret Of Monkey Island (best point&click and super funny)

Dead Space (2nd most scary game I've ever played, just ranked below RE1)

Mario Kart (best "racing game" ever! Best with friends!)

There are a lot of awesome games out there!

I'm an old gamer (not telling age) and started with pacman lolol.  I've played several games and when my daughter talked me into leaving Perfect World, I've never looked back.  I love ARK and when people complain about the glitches and difficulties and I complain, I think, well it is a survivor game and the glitches and difficulties just make it more of a challenge to survive!  Long Live ARK!  Keep on surviving!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Ark, despite the flaws...Which also makes it my least fav game as well lol.

Zelda LTTP OOT MM and TP

Skyrim

Dragons Dogma(surprised no one mentioned it), its skyrim on steroids.  The world might be smaller but its simply perfect.  Ive never found an rpg with everything so balanced and epic. Beats skyrim in about every way.

Pokemon HGSS XY ORAS,  u know @AngrySaltire @RipRavage

The original digimon world, classic and awesome.

Tenchu2, classic and awesome to this day.  If it would be remastered it easily pass as a modern game with great online ability with the map creator.

Vigilante 8 series

Turok rage wars, was online shooter, basically halo, b4 online existed on consoles.

GR wildlands

CoD Bo2, best online shooter, period.

Gran turismo 1 2 3 5, 4 was bs and 6 on is forza sell out.

DMC series

ONIMUSHA series, yal saw that 1 coming lol.

Soul Calibur series, owns MK instantly.

Nfs Mw2(2012 mw) Best racer ever, every nfs since has blown.  Heat might be ok though.

Gta VC and SA, classics.  3 wasnt awesome enough, except for the m16, that gun made that game XD.

Naruto Ultimate series

Dbz tenkaiechi series, ya i know, i misspelled.

Morrowind, better then any elder scroll game since.  Classic

I was going to say jc3/4 but...

Mercenaries 2 is hands down the undisputed king of open world mayhem.  RIP pandemic and mercs 3 that was in development.

Two worlds 1+2, 1 was a better game, 2 was decent.  Both had good stories.

Old runescape

I got more but ive took to much space already.

10 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Pokemon HGSS XY ORAS,  u know @AngrySaltire @RipRavage

Funnily enough I am currently doing another playthrough of Alpha Sapphire. I love ORAS it took the original Ruby and Sapphire and made it even better. After AS I might go back and playthrough the rest (thinking of gen 4 next) to get over the fact that I cant play through Pokemon Sword and Shield. 

15 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Funnily enough I am currently doing another playthrough of Alpha Sapphire. I love ORAS it took the original Ruby and Sapphire and made it even better. After AS I might go back and playthrough the rest (thinking of gen 4 next) to get over the fact that I cant play through Pokemon Sword and Shield. 

From the removal of megas and z moves, plus only like 100 returning pkmn...Sword and shield are trash.  I thought smusum was b4, now i know what true trash is.  Dont feel bad, as an original fan i can confidently say you arnt missing anything lol.

8 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

From the removal of megas and z moves, plus only like 100 returning pkmn...Sword and shield are trash.  I thought smusum was b4, now i know what true trash is.  Dont feel bad, as an original fan i can confidently say you arnt missing anything lol.

Yeah wasnt a fan when they got rid of megas. Its all just gimmics now. Still, I wouldn't mind a playthrough just because. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't play a lot of games but I list my favorites.

1)Old Skyrim + dlcs + 225 mods : 8,393 hours.

2)Ark + dlcs + 32 mods : 2,157 hours.

3)Fallout 4 + dlcs + 125 mods : 632 hours.

4)Warhammer 40k inquisitor - martyr + prophecy + dlcs : 588 hours.

that's it like I said I don't play a lot of games lol the one im playing most at the moment is Ark trying to beat the boss arena on Valguero done Gama so far.

Archived