Passive Flee bug FIX (or "workaround")

Adwel

Apologies ahead of time if a work around has already been found or if what im sharing is common knowledge, but I was not able to find it online anywhere and after much nerd rage and trouble shooting, I found this and thought id share it.

So you know the issue, your tame goes berzerk and flies/runs away when you dismount (or knocked off) and then its either showing in Passive Flee (or ANY state in my fn cursed case..) and no matter what whistle follow/target magic you do, nothing resolves it and Ark nerd rage begins.

I have 2 ways you can definitively resolve that instance of this bug occurring, if you can gain access to the run away tame.

1) Whistle or manually put the tame on Passive while off of it.

***Also, of course, verify it is not currently set to follow anything***

2) Mount the tame, then dismount it.

***The tame will now not fly away while in this state, allowing you to perform the next step that will correct this instance of this bug (do not put it into Neutral or any other state)***

3)  Cryopod or Upload your tame into a beacon drop or obelisk.

***You will lose any Dino Candy (xmas gift reward that temp re-colors skin) effects and of course make sure it is empty of contents or saddle before uploading.  If you are cryopoding (Extinction expansion and xmas 2018 item), your saddle will not need to be removed.***

4) Remove your tame from the Cryopod or drop/obelisk and good lord in heaven, by golly its working how its bloody supposed to again.

***You can now put it back on Neutral or whatever desired state and it will work normally until or if the bug occurs again.***

Enjoy ;)

• 1 month later...

I'm not as lucky I had 212 (leveled) equus and had the bug happen, microraptor knocked me off and my event coloured horse just trots off while I'm being eaten( he was on neutral) and he vanished and it was on Ragnarok in the cliff area and haven't found him since and yes I've checked to make sure he isn't dead, so if you could help me find a way to get him back that'd be helpful. Btw I'm on single player

7 hours ago, Nitrozeus2289 said:

I'm not as lucky I had 212 (leveled) equus and had the bug happen, microraptor knocked me off and my event coloured horse just trots off while I'm being eaten( he was on neutral) and he vanished and it was on Ragnarok in the cliff area and haven't found him since and yes I've checked to make sure he isn't dead, so if you could help me find a way to get him back that'd be helpful. Btw I'm on single player

Server or SP ?

21 hours ago, Nitrozeus2289 said:

SP

Look into a mod called "Dino tracker". It adds a device that lists all your tamed dinos. You can select one and track it and it will point an arrow on screen to the direction the dino is. Follow the arrow and once you get close enough you will see a beam of light where it is standing.

On 3/17/2019 at 7:22 AM, Wikus said:

Look into a mod called "Dino tracker". It adds a device that lists all your tamed dinos. You can select one and track it and it will point an arrow on screen to the direction the dino is. Follow the arrow and once you get close enough you will see a beam of light where it is standing.

Sadly I am on Xbox and can't get mods but thanks for the advice

Archived