aurafyyy

xbox Crashing to Home Screen Xbox

i tried that and for me its not coming up but i also upgraded my xbox to the one S and i also upgraded my router but i am still having problems and it also happen when i tried to live steam when i thought the problem was fixed, i mean is there going to be a patch coming out soon for this problem or is this issue going to continue to happen ? i love playing now but its does get old when you sit there and just started to tame a high lv. dino and all the sudden you crash and any trap you build or the even the dino you trap is gone, i know the game has bugs but what is causing the game to crash and lose memory 

I am playing single player on Xbox.  It does not matter what map I play on, after 20 min or so my game will crash and go to the home screen.  I have adjusted different settings and nothing helps.  I am also plugged directly in to the internet and not on a wireless network.  Can anyone help? 

Is there any updates on how to resolve crashing/launching errors for the xbox. I just recently bought this new Xbox and game ( probably a little over a month) The game worked decent enough for a bit. However this past week has been unplayable.The glitch is random. When I click on the game on the home screen it will launch for a second and turn the screen black before returning me back to the home screen. Other times it will freeze and make an awful noise. Other times I can actually get passed the main menu and click on a server. The server will show the gray loading screen for a second before bringing me back to the main Xbox screen.

My sister has this game and she's not having this issue as sever as me? I have good internet connection so its not that. It's not my Xbox either because other games run fine and don't kick me to the home dashboard.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and it doesn't help. If this game doesn't work like its intended to why does it cost so much money?

Please help, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Talas

On 12/26/2018 at 1:12 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

Crashes are usually caused by memory leaks (I’ve found a few over the years). The problem is that not enough people report exactly what their issue is, so it prevents the devs from reproducing it. Instead many players are under the illusion that the devs are mind readers so don’t think being as detailed as possible is a requirement, and resort to hurling abuse instead.

Saying crashes are usually memory leaks is a huge assumption and really very vague. Yes there have been places where you could pinpoint an issue like Vikings Bay on Ragnarok. The problem is that even with that mega thread about the issue and the thousands of support tickets, that area still causes crashes. It did get better but as I mentioned before you should never be able to rely on a game to crash. As for extinction it is horrible for crashes and even causes servers to crash on a regular basis. The player crashes have no common area and the server crashes are usually related to a vein or OSD but with no common location causing the issue. Which all boils down to the poor design and optimization of Ark in general and it just being too memory hungry. My players who play on the regular XB1 expect to crash at least once while they are on for about 3 hours, no matter the map or location, that is not a memory leak.

Ive played nearly 3k hours of ark and Ive really enjoyed the game but just because I enjoy the game does not mean it runs well or WildCard does good work. They dont deserve abuse but they do deserve the truth. No one hears the name WildCard and thinks "hey thats a quality dev I trust".

Looking for any ideas on what I can do to help w the constant kicks to dashboard every 30 mins playing on extinction.....it only happens on extinction..I fear  I'll have to delete all contact for that map and start over, but it's my best game. Best bases, tames..its bs. I'm frustrated and ik I'm not alone. Any dev's going to respond? Probably not huh? Waste of freaking time and money.

My girlfriend and I are having this issue on the Xbox as well. We play crossplay with Win10. My Win10 version doesn't crash all that often (once since Extinction cam out when I was exiting to the menu). She crashes every 15 minutes or so, it's really frustrating. Lucky for her, my PC is saving her progress but it has almost gotten us killed in battle.

All the folks getting Ark through game pass will quit this game quickly after a crash or two since it takes so long to load. WC is shooting themselves in the foot with that timing.

We need more people speaking on this as I feel like it’s not getting enough recognition it deserves . Tell you’re friends which have similar problems to come and post about it to get the word out. This is game breaking especially for a Game that takes hours to get stuff only to lose it in seconds to a dc....I’m assuming you are all on the older Xbox one as I am. All my friends on the newer Xbox one x never crash but I shouldn’t have to purchase a new console for a game that was released for Xbox one not Xbox one x...

My IGN is Kamelyn, I play in Xbox PVE CrossServer 969. I have the same issue, getting kicked out of game, no errors given, the game just closes suddenly and I need to log in again. Because of that I have lost my main Managarmr and an Owl, I have died so many times and lost items. My son plays on computer, plays in the same server with me and has the same issue. It's not an Internet problem, my husband plays other games at the same time while we play Ark and he is not getting disconnected. I connect my xbox account to the computer, I keep getting disconnected. I run "Can you run it" everything has green checks. My game runs perfectly fine, but it is the constant disconnections that does not let me play. Any solutions to this?

Posted (edited)

It's been happening to me for about a week now I cant even log into the game it just sits at the main load in screen..... support needs to fix this otherwise I'm gonna get me money back and say screw this cause I'm tired of being kicked of my non dedicated after getting so much done on it

Edited by Bighoss2013
Misspelling

Me and my girl have started to play ark a lot, and it hasn’t given us any problems until we started to play on ragnarok, I don’t know if it’s cause we build a lot or not but it’s annoying that it crashes while we build, use our inventory to store or grab items, tame a Dino and return to our base, breed and finish naming it then crash during the end of it all, we made a giant base on murder snow giant lake and had to erase the data cause it wouldn’t let us play for more than 3-5 mins now we are in the deserted with a smaller area but still building a sturdy base and it’ll crash what’s the reason for the constant crashes on ark sending us to our game dashboard ? Please help it’s getting frustrating and I don’t wanna stop play ark or have to erase everything to play again.

On 1/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, OwlofDarkness84 said:

A thought just occured to me....do you think that when the Christmas event ends things will go back to the way they were and that's why we have not seen any response from the debs on this topic? 

Something tells me the crashes aren't due to the Christmas event but rather the newest patch. When Extinction first launched, we didn't have any crashing or saving issues. After the first patch the game stopped saving progress. After the patch that fixed the saving issue, my girlfriend on Xbox crashes every 15-20 minutes to the dashboard.

However, if you're right and the end of the Winter even fixes the problem then i really don't care anymore. If it works enough to have some fun from time to time without constant crashing then I'll be happy with it. I'm not touching anything else from Wild Card because they launch broken games and break them further with patches. Every launch for Ark has been either massively delayed or completely broken. It doesn't look like a company name change for Atlas fixed their development problems either... 

Posted (edited)

I came back to Ark after a year or so during the holidays to check out the Rag map as I hadn't played more than an hour on it when it released.
Base game owner since "early access", no expansions installed, lasted patch and playing in single player only.

The game will randomly crash to the dashboard, could be 10 minutes in, could be after a few hours. Causing the game to roll back.
I lost an entire hour one morning. After that I though it could be the save, so I started over again.

Deleted the data and started a new map and just when I though that was the issue and I was in the clear, it started again.

I can not say for sure if this issue will also happen to me on the island or the center, I really can't be bothered to test it and for a three year old, I shouldn't have to.
I guess I could try uninstalling/reinstalling and starting over again, but if it's this much trouble to enjoy a game, why bother when I have dozens more that will give me far less trouble?

*Edit* Also wanted to add on my maps I had very little built, a small house, a green house and a transport raft.
Less than thirty dinos tamed. So my issue isn't from over building/crowding. 

Edited by WingedLostcause

I am also getting this issue running a non-dedicated Xbox One (not X) server. It wasn't happening from initially installing the expansion so I'm guessing a patch has broken something.

I'm a long-time Ark player and Extinction was enough to tempt me and some buddies back to it, but the crashing has made it unplayable. Reading around the issue, it _seems_ memory related as Xbox One X users haven't reported the problem. I'll try and keep an eye on patch notes to see if it has been addressed, but I'll not lose anymore time due to frequent and regular crashing or having to remember to force a save using "cheat saveworld" every 5 mins to minimise the loss :(

same console my mom is the host to the server (non-dedicated server) that is... and i been joining her game helping her out with a friend and brother while she plays xbox one and i am ont he xbox one x and we have crashed/black screened and literaly dashboarded to xbox home menu recently i plan on makeing a screenshot hopefully soon when we go bk on it cause it happened 2 times already i think its because ark isn't rlly optimized enough yet on xbox one...... cause if i was the host of my save and mom joined me the "only" issue we'd be haveing is dissconnection issues (mom mainly) cause i would think that would be the net provider....... but asfar as the crashing goes nah thats a ark ingame problem. and hopefully it gets fixed soon i can only hope for that and sorry to hear ur haveing this issue @SpectralKoalaTwitch

Ok.

I usually try to keep a clear head around crashes, especially ARK. But this has got me mad.

I've been playing Aberration for the past 70 in game days on single player, and apart from the occasional crash, everything was fine. Then, all of a sudden, the game crashed again, and my entire world is gone. Nothing left.

My character had to respawn, and the day counter is at day 1 again.

I had tons of high level tames (including a 100% imprinted reaper with 100k health and 2.5k dmg (boosted stats) and a max level 190 hatched rock drake), all of the end-game crafting stations (industrial forge, industrial grill, industrial cooker, chem station etc), multiple ascendant blueprints (including a crossbow blueprint that made longneck rifles obsolete), and lots of other stuff that I worked for days to get. And it's all gone. Needless to say I'm not happy.

I guess I'll just have to spawn in a high level reaper and rock drake on extinction and just pretend I ascended. 

Posted (edited)

I play on an official 6man pvp server and so does my wife.  We have Xbox one, not the X.  We constantly crashing to dashboard. Our friends who own Xbox ones have the same issue.  One of my friends went out and purchased an X to fix his issue as this problem doesn't seem to affect Xs.  Completely unacceptable.  Issue started at the Winter wonderland update and has not resolved when event ended.  Is there fix coming that will resolve this issue?

Edited by DragonsBlight

While play ark with my girlfriend, we get kicked from the game after the whole screen goes black, we either in up in the Xbox one home screen at the dashboard or the ark starting screen where we have to press start to ever and select a game mode again, we get kick from accessing our inventory, moving or dropping items, breeding  and incubating, taming and then loading the progress of doing that or losing the tame all together, building a base and then losing all the time put in to it, so all a bunch of wasted time playing ark, we enjoy the game but what’s the reason for it kicking us?, we’ve updated the game. Uninstalled and reinstalled it twice, checked our internet and gotten it updated, but still not fixing the problem of our game crashing or kicking us,? I read in other reports of people have to erase all their data just to play again without getting kicked but once they build to much or tame to much the game kicks them and they lose all that progress or half of it, but why does this constantly occur if it is part of the games survival? Shouldn’t we be able to constantly build or tame without limitations of getting kicked or it crashing and losing progress please fix the update we love playing this game and we don’t want all we’ve put into it being wasted time and effort into a game we an no longer enjoy please and thank you.