Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aurafyyy

xbox Crashing to Home Screen Xbox

Just now, d1nk said:

It is your fault aswell. You dont play on a one X. 

Should be noted that I also play on xbox one (regular) and dont notice the kicks even as close as you mentioned (they are there - no denying that) Whats your net speed?

Ps: Crying in all caps like a child is no way to fix somethinf

I run at 8mbps. Thats not the problem and if I have to buy another type of Xbox to run the game they should advertise that it's only playable on a Xbox One X.  Obviously going on the forum that is owned by the game developers and typing in full caps to show my frustrations is never the answer.  The devs are never gonna fix a thing with the game when retards like yourself is always defending them.  Everyone in my tribe has the same problem and I am not going to buy a special upgraded Xbox to play this game.  The devolopers need to fix the problems instead of worrying about releasing more expansions to make more money.  

FIX THE BUGS!

1 minute ago, KrackenOne said:

Was unplayable last night for sure.    Better today.  You sir however, need a beer or something.  Relax mate.

The game is very frustrating especially when all it does it crash and disconnect and it don't that when you come on the forum you have to deal with smartass people who don't know what the raptor they are talking about.

Just now, squashfx said:

I run at 8mbps. Thats not the problem and if I have to buy another type of Xbox to run the game they should advertise that it's only playable on a Xbox One X.  Obviously going on the forum that is owned by the game developers and typing in full caps to show my frustrations is never the answer.  The devs are never gonna fix a thing with the game when retards like yourself is always defending them.  Everyone in my tribe has the same problem and I am not going to buy a special upgraded Xbox to play this game.  The devolopers need to fix the problems instead of worrying about releasing more expansions to make more money.  

FIX THE BUGS!

"Always defending them" You cant say you think this game could run on a dated machine when it can barely run on good PC's? 

If you cant have a civil conversation without resorting to name calling then that says something about you. Typical expected response

14 minutes ago, d1nk said:

"Always defending them" You cant say you think this game could run on a dated machine when it can barely run on good PC's? 

If you cant have a civil conversation without resorting to name calling then that says something about you. Typical expected response

25 minutes ago, d1nk said:

25 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Ps: Crying in all caps like a child is no way to fix somethinf

Because opening a conversation like the above quotes is real civil.. I am having issues with this game. When most people have issues with a game they usually go to a forum of the game a post their problems. You posted you don't experience these same problems and its also apparent you don't have the answer.  Why are you posting here again?  Its obviously not to help so please take your comments and place them somewhere else. :)  Thanks for the help Retard!

3 minutes ago, hsauqs said:

Because opening a conversation like the above quotes is real civil..  Thank for the help retard!

Mentioning its his fault for not playing on a better machine isnt an insult. I also play on the same one and wish I had a one X. The crying thing.. well look at the first post. Caps locks like a kid.

You are welcome! Ps: You must be his tribemate ;) 

15 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Mentioning its his fault for not playing on a better machine isnt an insult. I also play on the same one and wish I had a one X. The crying thing.. well look at the first post. Caps locks like a kid.

You are welcome! Ps: You must be his tribemate ;) 

Its obviously not his fault for not buying top of the line machine to run a game that advertises "plays on xbox".  Notice the missing one at the end.  Move along to the next thread where you can insult someone else for having issues with a game with ALOT of problems.  I am here to speak my problems with this game in hopes a dev will see it and consider addressing the problem that you obviously don't have or don't have the answer to. If going on an ark forum to argue with people who have problems with this game make you feel as if your "not a kid" feel free to do it as much as you like but you can move along to the next person because I do not seek your advice as if you actually had any to give. You can respond all you like but I am not going to take you serious.

34 minutes ago, squashfx said:

The game is very frustrating especially when all it does it crash and disconnect and it don't that when you come on the forum you have to deal with smartass people who don't know what the raptor they are talking about.

I know exactly what you're talking about.   I've had the same experience numerous times.  I cannot play on scorched due to crashing/lag.  Lost all my crap the other day too crashing chasing the presents.  It's all good man, relax.  

49 minutes ago, squashfx said:

So i guess the problem also lies with everyone in my tribe that keeps having the same problem...The problem lies with the game developer because at the end of the day what can I really do to fix it?  I can't control anything especially on xbox one.  I love how "smart" people like yourself always has the answers in reality they don't know what they are talking about.  

As far as trying to explain what is happening, how else can I explain it for someone of your caliber to understand?

If you don't have an actual fix for the problem please keep your comment to yourself!

It appears everyone in this thread must be wrong too?

Not sure why you’re so hostile towards everyone responding considering this is an open forum. All I’ve said is that people need to submit tickets or else your issues may get overlooked. The more people who report the issue, the higher the priority it will become. Screaming that it’s the developers fault doesn’t help so not sure what you were expecting.

4 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Not sure why you’re so hostile towards everyone responding considering this is an open forum. All I’ve said is that people need to submit tickets or else your issues may get overlooked. The more people who report the issue, the higher the priority it will become. Screaming that it’s the developers fault doesn’t help so not sure what you were expecting.

Do devs not look here?  If thats the case why even have a forum? its apparent I shouldn't expect much.

The reason I am so hostile is I am dealing with the problems states above which already has me hot and then I come on here to report my problem and smart ass people like yourself keep posting on my thread.  But not to help or try to help but to argue with me. IF YOU CAN'T HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM THEN MOVE ALONG!

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Okay I must step in with this one; the instant you tell someone that it is their own fault for poor performance in a console game because they don't happen to have the absolute latest model  and/or a specific type of console, while the game was optimized and designed for either version of that console, you are automatically in the wrong. Honestly thats just a 'very' poor excuse. 

Lets try to stop defending a buggy game, shall we?  Its a known fact that this happens often. Acknowledge the problem and push for the devs to try to optimize further as opposed to dictating that someone shell out for the latest line. Otherwise he's correct; it shouldn't be for a console that it performs noticeably much more poorly on.

Just crashed thrice now. Whenever the server population gets to 11-12/70 apparently the server can't handle it.  OP has a point - but then again everyone who complains about poor performance has a point - they always have. Just need to worry about trolls masquerading as being civil when someone else is clearly flustered.

7 minutes ago, Masurao said:

Just crashed thrice now. Whenever the server population gets to 11-12/70 apparently the server can't handle it.  OP has a point - but then again everyone who complains about poor performance has a point - they always have. Just need to worry about trolls masquerading as being civil when someone else is clearly flustered.

I post on here whenever I crash :)

1 hour ago, hsauqs said:

Do devs not look here?  If thats the case why even have a forum? its apparent I shouldn't expect much.

The reason I am so hostile is I am dealing with the problems states above which already has me hot and then I come on here to report my problem and smart ass people like yourself keep posting on my thread.  But not to help or try to help but to argue with me. IF YOU CAN'T HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM THEN MOVE ALONG!

You’d think if you wanted the devs attention you’d construct your criticism in a better manner. Be civil, it’s Christmas after all.

36 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

You’d think if you wanted the devs attention you’d construct your criticism in a better manner. Be civil, it’s Christmas after all.

cool!

1 hour ago, KrackenOne said:

I post on here whenever I crash :)

I think I am gona start doing the same thing.  Just crashed on scorched.

I have moved this thread into the correct section of the forums, as bug reports do not belong in General Discussion.  Normally I would remove any post done in all caps, but hey it's Christmas so I'll let this one stand for now.

However I'm going to caution folks to please refrain from both name calling and provoking other posters in this thread, I'd rather leave the thread open and avoid issuing warnings today.  Be respectful to each other please, and happy holidays to you all.

11 hours ago, hsauqs said:

I've hosted a 2 server cluster from Nitrado for over a year and I hosted an xbox hosted player dedicated for over a year before that. In that time I have learned a few things. WildCard does not care about console, having the X makes a huge difference, having a very stable wired connection is a MUST. Any drop in wifi connection strength because of someone else on your network can easily cause you to DC. Any spike in bandwith usage on a server like multiple people logging in can easily DC someone with a weak or slow connection. Im no expert but 8mbs seems low to me, especially if you have other who use your connection. Ark is super demanding for an xbox and it will never perform well without a ton of work from wildcard.

No the Devs do not look here. These are "community forums" as they mention across the top. Thats means these forums are for the community to discuss topics and help each other out. You will not get a dev response. Submitting a ticket on this issue will get you nowhere either, its just screaming at deaf ears.

I agree though that its a load of bologna that you cant play the game as intended. The game does not run well on the regular xbox and it seems they add improvements to make it look better on the X but not make it run better on the others. Also they allowed too much freedom on their servers from the get go. There needs to be stricter dino and structure caps to help keep things smooth. I honestly dont ever expect them to fix this. So you have 3 options.

1. Stop playing and get a refund. If you have digital you can call Microsoft support and get your money back. Discs can be returned or traded in. The game is poor quality and taking a break from ark can relieve a lot of stress. Theres nothing wrong with not playing something you dont enjoy.

2. Get an Xbox One X. You shouldnt have to buy a better console to play this game but it really really helps. Even on my low population unofficial servers my players without the X crash. Especially on extinction. While myself and the others with the X only crash on super rare occasions. The X does not save you from a DC if you have a weak connection though.

3. Play on an unofficial server. The amount of tames and structures on official servers are too much for any console to handle. For pve this can be a great change but for pvp it can be boring as some servers may not be as well populated. There are thousands of unofficial nitrado servers to choose from with many different settings. You will still crash but sooooo much less.

15 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Here’s the thing with crashes, it’s most likely your end otherwise everyone else would experience the same issues. Maybe explain what is happening and try finding the cause instead of the default line, “It’s Wildcard’s fault.”

This has been an ongoing issue on Ark since day 1 on xbox but it has become much worse on Ragnarok, aberration, and extinction. It is also a constant topic on the xbox forums. The game is sold for xbox yet the only xbox that can handle the game is the X.This is old news and no ones fault but Wildcard. The game should not fully crash to dashboard multiple times in a few hours because someone doesnt have the best console. Im not sure what platform you play on but just fyi console players do not have the option to turn down graphics to improve performance.

12 hours ago, d1nk said:

This game, as every single xbox one game is required by Microsoft to run on all versions of its console. If it does not run on a regular xbox one then they are falsely advertising the game. The game must be developed for the regular X1 then they have the option to enhance it for the X1X. It almost seems like wildcard started developing the maps and updates around the X1X and ignoring the X1 which is wrong and no ones fault but WildCard.

@TedyBearOfDeath I’m on Xbox and also on your XBL friends list. I’m not denying that people have an issue but not everyone has the same issue, so while overall it’s the game developers fault for putting people in this situation in the first place, it’s still how the end user connects with the game. I rarely had connection issues on my day 1 edition Xbox.

32 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

@TedyBearOfDeath I’m on Xbox and also on your XBL friends list. I’m not denying that people have an issue but not everyone has the same issue, so while overall it’s the game developers fault for putting people in this situation in the first place, it’s still how the end user connects with the game. I rarely had connection issues on my day 1 edition Xbox.

When it comes to disconnecting yes that is true, as I mentioned a stable wired connection is a must with ark. Its also true though that for some reason that I dont really understand Ark is super unforgiving when it comes to the players network. Small network issues seem to cause huge issues with ark when you can play other games fine. When I speak of needing the X1X I'm talking about full game crashes. When the game literally force closes and you are sent to the xbox home dashboard. This is a separate issues from a disconnect. I do mention also that the X1X will not save you if you have a poor connection. So in that regards I agree. My main point to you was that crashing has been an issue for a long while. A well made game should never crash to dashboard and I cant think of a single other game that has ever had 10% of the crashes that Ive seen on ark. This is the issue i have with wildcard. As I play on my unofficial servers with my community I get to watch as suddenly words pop up on the screen "player X has let the Ark" then a few minutes later "player X has joined the Ark" then gotten to see them type in chat about how they just lost all their tames at osd or vien because they crashed out or they just lost all their gear because they crashed while flying around. I have very few DCs on my servers, but the crashes are way too often (because they should be never).

20 minutes ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

When it comes to disconnecting yes that is true, as I mentioned a stable wired connection is a must with ark. Its also true though that for some reason that I dont really understand Ark is super unforgiving when it comes to the players network. Small network issues seem to cause huge issues with ark when you can play other games fine. When I speak of needing the X1X I'm talking about full game crashes. When the game literally force closes and you are sent to the xbox home dashboard. This is a separate issues from a disconnect. I do mention also that the X1X will not save you if you have a poor connection. So in that regards I agree. My main point to you was that crashing has been an issue for a long while. A well made game should never crash to dashboard and I cant think of a single other game that has ever had 10% of the crashes that Ive seen on ark. This is the issue i have with wildcard. As I play on my unofficial servers with my community I get to watch as suddenly words pop up on the screen "player X has let the Ark" then a few minutes later "player X has joined the Ark" then gotten to see them type in chat about how they just lost all their tames at osd or vien because they crashed out or they just lost all their gear because they crashed while flying around. I have very few DCs on my servers, but the crashes are way too often (because they should be never).

Crashes are usually caused by memory leaks (I’ve found a few over the years). The problem is that not enough people report exactly what their issue is, so it prevents the devs from reproducing it. Instead many players are under the illusion that the devs are mind readers so don’t think being as detailed as possible is a requirement, and resort to hurling abuse instead.